Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Now all i need are shocks, servo, motor, esc, batteries, chaeger, and reciever.. then ill upgrade as i go lol

RC Enthusiast
    Last edited by chickenbot; 11-27-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The first Servo is a really nice one. Baldy & I purchased one last summer to test them and they've held up really well. You can't beat it for the money. Really depends on your budget. The Savox 1258TG is another good one to. My whole fleet has almost been changed over to Savox. You will probably need to pick up a glitch buster to run one though. It will all depend on what ESC you run. They are top notch servos.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenbot View Post
    ok now for the shocks and servo.. i want to go with some big bore alum shocks.. any suggestions?
    for the servo should i go metal gears or stay plastic? high torque?
    I bought an old 2WD that already had some upgrades like XL5 ESC, new body, new 12T Titan (since burned up). I put in a Trinity 16T motor and trashed the trans. Slapped in a new metal gear trans with the better clutch along with Integy metal axles. Since I put aluminum BB's on my 4X4 Pede, I put the stock ultras on the 2WD with Monster Jam tires on the rear. Next will probably be a VXL system.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    The first Servo is a really nice one. Baldy & I purchased one last summer to test them and they've held up really well. You can't beat it for the money. Really depends on your budget. The Savox 1258TG is another good one to. My whole fleet has almost been changed over to Savox. You will probably need to pick up a glitch buster to run one though. It will all depend on what ESC you run. They are top notch servos.
    what would be a good esc to run with the savox so i wouldnt have to have a glitch buster?

also.. what do yall think about hot racing products?
    Last edited by chickenbot; 11-27-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    what would be a good esc to run with the savox so i wouldnt have to have a glitch buster?

also.. what do yall think about hot racing products?

If I were you I wouldn't choose the esc based on the servo you want to run. Imo if you want to run a castle esc without running a glitch buster or external bec then just go with a different brand of servo. That 208oz servo will work fine with a castle esc and is more torque than you'll need in a pede. Its also a pretty quick servo as well. I run a Hitec servo that is one of the most powerful standard sized servo available and it works good with the et-3s esc with the internal bec set to 6volts. All my other hitec servo also work with no need for a glitch buster. The savox servos are usually quicker than the other brands and I think this is why they are power hungry.

As for HR parts, I've built my HR P2de xl based on their parts and am currently building an HR P4de as well using as many HR parts that they make for the truck. They make some sharp looking parts that have proven to be extremely durable for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Enthusiast
    good to know baldy.. thank you

RC Qualifier
    She's pruttie...... Nice job! Looking forward to seeing more of this build....

RC Enthusiast

Baldy made a good point right there. I like Castle ESC's and Savox servos. So I make them work together. A cheap $5 glitch buster will remedy the issue very well ( probably will do you just fine ). You can also go the route of hooking up an external BEC. A month ago I finally did and the wired up a Castle 10A BEC. I did notice some performance gain by giving it the full 6A that it requires. All I can say Fanmatastic. I had to at least try it out. I have 4 more to hook up if I want to.

Here is a pic of the 10A Caste BEC on my Slash 4x4.

This is the Glitch Buster on my P4de.

On HR parts I have run a few of them and so far they have held up really well.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Imo the glitch buster is the way to go if it will remedy the issue. I prefer all my wiring to be as concealed as possible and with all the new traxxas telemetry sensors, castle quick connect adapter, then add to that the necessity wiring of the truck, it gets to be a bit much. Now if traxxas or another brand made a waterproof receiver box that could conceal it all without being gigantic in size id be all over the external bec. You would think that castle would have upgraded the internal bec of their esc's by now, since this has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. Id sooner have an esc that has a slightly larger footprint and costs 15-20 bucks more, rather than having to purchase and install an external device. OR castle should start making their own high torque servos that can run without issue with their esc's. Now that would be cool.

Way cool point made there baldy. Comparing the glitch buster to a BEC in size really isnt much. Yes you will have to do some soldring and or wire wrapping to conceal the extra wires involved. I run mostly castle stuff and do not run in wet conditions so some of that stuff being exposed isnt an issue for me. I do run an Outerwears shroud that will help if i was to run across a little wet pavement. Which has happened on a couple occasions. Once I get the Telemetry stuff for the TQi I will have a fun trying to clean that rats nest up. I have no idea where I'm going to place the GPS module and Expander unit. LOL

I do wish Castle had a stronger BEC though. Maybe their V.2 of the Mamba Monster and Mamab Max Pro will have this fixed.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast

It's not a bad deal. Maybe you can talk him down just a little. They sell for about that in the MP here all the time. You can always do the power up through traxxas for the same cost if you choose to. The only difference you'd have documentation for warranty reasons.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...r-up-pages.pdf
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Cant get him to budge off of $125.. go for it?

RC Enthusiast
    Got him to $120 and ill pick it up tomorrow

Cant get him to budge off of $125.. go for it?
    125 is fair as long as it is brand new like he claims and never been ran. If so, then he should have no problem supplying the original purchase receipt with it. Brand new is not brand new if it has been run, even if it was only once. If it has been ran and he won't supply the receipt then I would probably pass it up, but that's just me. Id sooner grab one off the market place here on the forum from an experienced member cuz they'd be less inclined to sell something that was bunk. If you do decide to go for it, it would be best to see it work before buying it. It only takes 1 harsh run to kill an esc or motor so be careful and good luck!

Got him to $120 and ill pick it up tomorrow
    I think you got a fair deal. Like baldy said if it is brand new never been run and he gives you the paperwork on it even better.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    what tires are those?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    This is a nice restoration project. Ive done a few of these myself and, without question, it always costs more to bring an old truck up to current specs than it does to just buy a new truck. Especailly once you factor in the power system, servo, radio and wheels/tires. But, if you do that, you no longer have your "original" pede... and that means something.

The biggest problem with upgrading an old truck is that the parts you take off are not worth a dime. They are literally just throw away parts. I have bags of the old, small bearing carriers and I think I have 4 complete plastic transmission gear sets just sitting in bags.

I like the body you have to run on it. Its pretty sweet looking. Lower it a bit and youll have one sweet looking ride.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Are those rear tires on backwards?
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by abentz2151 View Post
    what tires are those?
    Those are some old *** prolines

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilke View Post
    Are those rear tires on backwards?
    Ya they are.. i was thinking that i might get better traction in the dirt.. but hey that was 15 yrs ago lol

RC Racer
    Same concept still applies today!
    2012 Frankenpede
    2008 Stampede VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Good to know

RC Enthusiast
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/tag/3448969916.html
    Good parts truck if everything works?

RC Enthusiast
    those venom esc's and motor are JUNK tons of glitching issues