Hybrid View

RC poster

best steering servo for classic?

my servo doesnt even turn 3 mm. help? need upgrade? new part? fix something? its a ultra torque "hitec" hs-645mg what is that, and is it good? oh and best servo from traxxas non-waterproof

RC Qualifier
    I like the 645mg (metal gear) servos. Probably the most popular, universal servo Hitec offers.
    As far as Traxxas servos go, I would guess the 2070 would be top of the line, non waterproof
    servo.

The 645mg has more torque but slower speed than the 2070. It has metal gears and it's an analog servo.
    The Traxxas 2070 has less torque but higher speed than the 645mg. It has plastic gears and it's a digital servo.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC poster
    thanks and anyone has a better one under 70 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Maxxman1998 View Post
    thanks and anyone has a better one under 70 bucks?
    First, have you tried disconnecting the linkage from the servo saver. Also if you have a Hitec Servo, the White servo saver (4910 models) or the servo horn will need to be for a Hitec as the stock servo has a different spacing on the splines.... With the linkage seperated from the servo try turning the wheels side to side... If your pillowball caps are too tight it will make it hard for the servo to turn the wheels....

A few things you might want to check... The Hitec 645MG is a well known servo and is a workhorse....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous