RC Champion

Go Big or Go Home?

Well i have been thinking of putting a new motor/esc in my truck. I was sold on the novak 5.5 and mmp, but i was thinking, i want speed, bashing and good temps. So the 2200 mamba monster came into mind. On a website they seem to be cheap ($240 for both motor and MMM). Im also adding 17mm adapters to my MIPS, onyx 245 charger, buggy wheels and D8 shocks (Fronts all around). So the question is, what size lipos should i get? I already have 2 3s lipos, was thinking of getting 2 4s lipos? I have an assorted set of Robinson racing pinions from 15t-25t. So should i get 2 4s lipos? I dont want to spend a ton of money on lipos.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

I dont see getting 4s lipos.

What are the c ratings? I would go 50c
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Yep, get at least 1 4s in your kit I'm running the 2200kv motor on 4s and i've been having a lot of fun with it lately, i'm still playing around with gear ratios but at the moment i'm at 18/54 and the torque is unreal. doing wheelies on command is pretty impressive and thats after you are already over half throttle up the street. Im still running 12mm hexes and there not holding up to well to the power.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Borderdog View Post
    Yep, get at least 1 4s in your kit I'm running the 2200kv motor on 4s and i've been having a lot of fun with it lately, i'm still playing around with gear ratios but at the moment i'm at 18/54 and the torque is unreal. doing wheelies on command is pretty impressive and thats after you are already over half throttle up the street. Im still running 12mm hexes and there not holding up to well to the power.
    You need to gear that thing correctly. You should be somewhere around 22/50 on 4s, maybe higher.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    what is the factory gearing of the slash 4x4?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    You need to gear that thing correctly. You should be somewhere around 22/50 on 4s, maybe higher.
    No worries thanks for the info, what will this ratio do for me in terms of top speed, take offs and temps on 4s????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    yea i have a 19t, 21t, 23t and 25t pinions and i can use 50t spurs. i would say 25/50 or 23/50 would perform well on 4s with the 2200
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Borderdog View Post
    No worries thanks for the info, what will this ratio do for me in terms of top speed, take offs and temps on 4s????
    Well I don't have the 2200 but my 2400 geared 21/50 went 62mph on 4s. Temps got warm but no where near too hot, it takes off great, will wheelie at any speed, and I run that gearing as my everyday bashing gear set-up
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    4s in the slash with a 2200 is simply beast!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Cinnabun will take your advice and order some new gears already tried my lhs yesterday to no avail. Had a look on fleabay and theres heaps in the us only thing wrong with that is it takes a couple of weeks to get to me in australia but I'm getting use to this aswell and normally double up on everything.