Thread: Shock spacers

RC Qualifier

Shock spacers

Will adding some of the shock preload spacers keep it from bottoming out? Will it make it roll over easier?

The spacers are for setting ride height, they wont change the spring rate or have any effect on bottoming out.

Stiffer springs and heavier oil to slow the shock action will help with bottoming out. I dont worry about bottoming out too much most RC trucks do it. If you get the suspension so stiff it does not bottom out on a jump it probably wont handle very well.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Oh ok...what springs would make a good upgrade?

It is pretty hard to tell you what spring would be good for your and your driving conditions. What works good for me might not for you. It is just one of those things you have to experiment with and find what works best for you. There are LOTS of springs you can use.

You might want to pick up one of the spring sets available with multiple spring rates in it so you have some to work with.

My Pede has Losi Blue springs on the front and Axail 3.3lb springs on the rear.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    OK tyvm.. Would be nice to have some variety

RC Qualifier
    I got some stiff vg racing springs and I hate it. On bumpy dirt the tires hardly get traction cause its bouncing around. And parking lot runs suck now cause there isn't any give. While making a slight turn going about 55 it slid sideways and cart wheeled into one of my works trucks and blew the body in half. Stocks are going back in asap.

RC Competitor
    I run big bores with the original springs and 50 weight oil. The springs that come with the big bores were to short and soft