Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Rustler Monster Truck Conversion

Been thinking about getting a new basher and wanted to know if anyone has converted the Rustler to a monster truck? If so, what parts did you use and how did it perform?
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Champion
    The easiest way to convert to a mt is get a pede chassis and convert to a pede.
    Pedes are like the masters of wheelies. It is extremely hard to keep the front wheels on the ground with a brushless pede. Even on nimh.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 03-21-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    Yea, i already have a 2wd pede but thought it would be pretty cool to convert the Rusty since it has a lower center of gravity.

RC Qualifier
    Just throw some Trenchers on there. It will give you a good amount of clearance underneath but still keep your COG lower than the p2de. Not to mention it looks really nice too.

RC Qualifier
    Cool. Just wondering, can i install the wide mod (put rear a-arms on the front) and use 4 front off-set wheels/tires all around for the Rustler? Did this for the Stampede and it worked out very well. Didnt know if i could do the same thing to the Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    Should be able to but not really sure. If I were you I would just buy the protrac arms, that's what I have on one of my rustlers with the Trenchers and it makes the front and rear almost perfectly even with 4 front offset tires. Protrac takes alot less modding to make them fit correctly.

RC Racer
    I run stock length arms with front off-set wheels all around mine. It makes the rear close to same width as front. I have run 2.8 talons and 2.2 dirt hawgs this way. I use all star wheels for the talons and a traxxas 2.2 for hawgs. Also have done this to my cousions rusty with hpi classic king wheels and dirt hawgs.

RC Qualifier
    This is one of my rustlers with the Trenchers and the protrac arms front arms and RPM rear arms. All front offset wheels.

RC Racer
    Awesome looking truck...

RC Champion
    That looks sweet man

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. Just trying to give the OP an idea of what it looks like with Trenchers. You can't find very many pictures online of people running Trenchers on their rustler for some reason. It works like a charm for me with the protrac front arms on it. Actually handles alot better than my p2de with the same tires. I just lose a little bit of ground clearance. I have the shocks lowered a bit with fuel tubing to give it that "low profile" look.

RC Qualifier
    Like your truck Baltimore. Looks great. Do you have any videos?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man. No videos at the moment. I actually just got done putting it back together a few days ago after upgrading a few parts on it. I still have to completely take it back apart and dye everything black.

RC poster
    Hey Baltim0re28 where did you get that raptor body for your rustler? I wanna get one for mine just in blue.

RC Qualifier
    That's a JConcepts Rustler Raptor body. You'll have to paint it yourself, because it comes in clear Lexan.

RC Champion
    Just for fun, I threw on my 17mm hex adapters and 3.2 inch revolvers with hpi v treads that are about the same size as trenchers. This truck is also protrac'ed.

I just completed my Pede to Rustler conversion not too long ago, so I am still working on some handling and driving changes. All in all, it went over the bumpy stuff really well, but was pretty hard on the truck during crashes.

RC Competitor
    I've always liked cars with oversized tires, and hated undersized ones. Looks nice, Oaks