* Enter Spur Gear tooth count (?):40

* Enter Pinion Gear tooth count (?):29

* Enter total battery voltage (?):19.4

> Cell Count 16

* Enter kv rating of brushless motor (?): 2150KV

* Enter tire diameter in inches (?):

Traxxas Maxx (old) - 5.75"

Apparently i will be going 105.53 MPH?
    PS: I will be running dual 2150KV Motors so 4300KV?

RC Qualifier
    You're going to run a 40t spur?

Wow. That's a whole lotta spur for the emaxx. Or should I say lack there of. That system is going to be pulling some amps. Hope you have a good set of batteries and pray the esc doesn't melt down
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    Dual motors will not double the kv rating. However it will double the torque.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    So what spur do you suggest i run and is that why the esc will melt diwn bexause i will be running one esc per motor and battery in my e maxx

well that gearing is abit 29/40. what batteries are you going to run? as far as lipos are concerned? you need alot of amps in those lipos something around 50C+. even with the setup your talking about you wont make it on the tires thats for sure or the slipper more less the spur gear it going to melt away or snap something. the axles arent going to last either with that much torque. if your going to run something like that run the stock spur 68t with like a 21t pinion or something or even 58t spur and 24t pinion if you can mesh that on.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Traxxas View Post
    So what spur do you suggest i run and is that why the esc will melt diwn bexause i will be running one esc per motor and battery in my e maxx
    No, the amp draw will absolutely push the limits of almost any esc.

How exactly do you plan to mesh that set-up? You do realize a stock spur is 68t right? The truck will have almost no torque, but once it gets rolling you better hold on. I would seriously suggest you look into emaxx gear set-ups before you try this.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Champion
    You would have to reverse the tranny and to a revo-syle mod,but with both motors facing backwards over where the ESC sits on a normal MAXX, and they'd have to be far apart and low over the battery trays to keep from hitting cans. and maybe even then it wouldnt work.

I love a crazy project, so have at it, but be prepared to sink alot of cash in and still semi-fail. Happens all the time, thats kinda half the fun of this hobby.

And remember that the speed calculator is only mathamatical, it has no equasion for wind resistance, rolling resistance, that type of thing, or weight, accually. The fastest MT Ive seen is 90mph, and thats with some black magic to keep the tires on.

and where would you run this? People have issues finding places to run their XO-1s, and this is faster, slower to accelerate, and sure as heck alot harder to control because above 50MPH on a RC, aerodynamics comes into big play, and this is twice that.

Youd be in competition with this guy:
    Last edited by PowerToTheMaxx; 11-15-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    "American Muscle beats import any day of the week"