Thread: Driveshafts?

RC Qualifier

Driveshafts?

Hey will standard slash or pede etc. driveshafts work on a revo or slayer

RC Qualifier
    probably not. they are much smaller but do use the same size diff output, yokes are also much smaller. t-maxx shafts might work on the slayer, but im not sure the output yoke the axle shafts goes into will be the right size for the bearing carrier. could always cut down some revo shafts for the slayer.

RC Qualifier
    So will they fit disregarding durability? And will the driveshaft diameter where the wheel and bearing goes on be the same as well?

RC Qualifier
    i think the only way your going to get proper fit at the bearing carrier will be slayer or revo shafts. i dont have a t-maxx shaft around here to try but a buddy of mine uses them on his slash so i believe they will be too small.

you could put them on the diff side and modding it to accept a revo/slayer output yoke may work. i come from a point of view having brushless rigs not nitro so i dont know how they deliver power exactly. i would expect anything smaller then a slayer shaft to fail quickly and a slash 2wd or 4x4 shaft will not work with a revo/slayer yoke. the revo/slayer yokes are about 2+ times bigger.

like i said, i dont have a t-maxx shaft around to see a size comparison.

IMHO, cut down some revo shafts, im actually quite surprised i have not broken a slayer shaft in my e slayer yet while i have broken revo shafts.

RC Competitor
    3.3 spec Tmaxx driveshafts are the same as found on a Revo (which is the same found on a slayer, but in a shorter dimension). Why would you want to use a Stampede or Slash driveshaft? They would not hold up (for any length of time anyways).

2.5 Tmaxx shafts have been used on the Slash yes, but that is because they are non Revo spec and have a different style/shape towards the output end where it fits through the carrier.
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Qualifier
    E slayer is essentially what I'm going for that's y I'm asking this cause the smaller shafts are cheaper and the sklayer shafts look really short

The Slayer driveshafts won't work on any other car, as far as I know. Too bad, because the Slayer shafts are great!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    slayer shafts are designed for revo bearing carriers and have huge knuckles. they will work for anything with the same bearing carrier, arm length and connection to the diff. same as revo shafts will.

revo shafts and slayer shafts are not the same, revo shafts are the same size all the way down, slayer shafts neck down a bit. im assuming that Manimal means slayer and 3.3 Maxx shafts are basically the same.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    revo and slayer shares the same knuckles which means they fit but length wise the slayer DS are shorter.
    slayer DS

revo 3.3
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Thanks that clears it up

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    slayer shafts are designed for revo bearing carriers and have huge knuckles. they will work for anything with the same bearing carrier, arm length and connection to the diff. same as revo shafts will.

revo shafts and slayer shafts are not the same, revo shafts are the same size all the way down, slayer shafts neck down a bit. im assuming that Manimal means slayer and 3.3 Maxx shafts are basically the same.
    You are correct, I made a boo boo, hahah. Looking at them more closely they resemble center driveshafts found on the Tmaxx 3.3 and possibly the Revo and Emaxx as well (with different yokes on the end). Revo and Tmaxx 3.3 shafts however are the same diameter all the way down. Thanks for pointing that our Deerhurst!
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade