RC Qualifier

slayer questions

so, im gonna rebuild my e slayer on a vantage slayer/revo chassis so i can run the the massive truggyed e revo too, and have a few questions about parts as im an electric guy and not a nitro runner. i have a 95% complete rig, just need shock towers, tranny, motor mount, motor system, some skid plates and new holes drilled on my body and im ready to rock.

are the shock towers the same as the e revo?

what all do i need for the tranny, i was wanting to use the motor brakes. can i just run a 2nd gear, lock it in 2nd, and forget about even buying 1st?

would it be better to just get another e revo tranny and motor mount and do a little custom work to mount it? what would i need to do to gearing to make it right for the smaller wheels?

what motor size do you guys suggest? would a 2400-3800KV 550 size work or need 1/8 motor? remember, vantge chassis and 1.8 buggy wheels.

other then buy a conversion kit ( plan on making composite battery trays and esc mount ) how would i go about doing the motor mount if i stick with a nitro transmission? anyone got some specs and pics of the mount and how it attaches to the chassis?

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the Slayer fourms! I would just get the E-Revo transsmsion if your ok with making it fit. The shock towers are the same, but ther're not called shock towers. I think there just called shock holders... That's all I know for the questions you asked, hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    haha, yup. i think traxxas calls the shock "towers" shock mounts. shock tower is what almost every other RC shock mount is called so i use it pretty interchangeably.

you know any place other then flea bay i can find a complete transmission? i think it will be more expensive to build one then to buy a complete.

as for the transmission mount, completely fine with making parts, might make the spacer from carbon fiber or steel. wonder if my tools will work on titanium as a buddy of mine has a bunch of that.

Oh, so that's what it those shock holder thingys are called. The only place I know of that you would find a complete tranny is on Ebay, or maybe if your lucky, someone on these fourms might put one up in the Market Place. You could always just ask if someone has a spare one. Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    check out dollarhobbyz.com alot of good prices for stock parts and complete trannys.

RC Qualifier
    check out dollarhobbyz.com alot of good prices for stock parts and complete trannys.

delete sorry just had some double tap perk. lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post

delete sorry just had some double tap perk. lol
    Spoken like a true gamer! Thanks for the site info.

I'll read up on the build too. Thanks for the Linky.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    A 550 size will work but will struggle. You'd be better off with a 1/8 can, even a cheapie will provide plenty of power.
    You will want something in the ball park of 2700 - 3000kv. Anything lower and you are pretty limited on options. Start with a 18/60 and work from there.

RC Qualifier
    I'll probably go with another 2650kv track star then. Only 50 bucks. Pushes my e revo at 18/54 on 4s with no issues. I'll gear it 23/50 if I use an e revo transmission. Should get me around 50+ on 4s as I know 18/54 on the e revo transmission with SCT wheels is about 40mph.

I'm betting a 550 castle 2400 SCT motor would push it but much more pricy then the track star which I really like.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2