RC Enthusiast

slash driveshaft

has anyone tried the graphite driveshaft from integy. i got one and it act like it is to long its pushing my pinion gear toward the diff housing causing it to bind up? anybody got an idea to fix this

RC Qualifier
    I saw those, but was skeptical of them being strong enough. If it is too long, maybe you could cut a little off one end, or a little off each end. Also make sure that everything else in the driveline is tight and fitted properly.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Champion
    I havent heard of anyone using these. Too long is certainly a different complaint, its usually the other way around. The most popular center shaft upgrade is the Tekno Big bone and happens to be what Im running.

RC Enthusiast
    i wanted the tekno big bone but it was outta stock so i went with that it seems to be built pretty good unlike other integy stuff i have seem the only way i can get it not to bind my gears is leave the grub screw outta the front diff and it works alright it held up to a 3s pack.....as soon as i can get the big bone im gonna do away with it....if it last that long

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgpoacher View Post
    i wanted the tekno big bone but it was outta stock so i went with that it seems to be built pretty good unlike other integy stuff i have seem the only way i can get it not to bind my gears is leave the grub screw outta the front diff and it works alright it held up to a 3s pack.....as soon as i can get the big bone im gonna do away with it....if it last that long
    Intejunk parts don't usually last that long, especially driveline parts. But good luck!
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Champion
    Seen the Integy graphite center shaft explode on 4s. The stock is better than that shaft. Just wait for the Tekno shaft.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Tekno all the way. Highly recommend
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Enthusiast
    yall are right i got my sc10 big bores today and was trying them out and my drive shaft snapped in half with a 2s battery 2nd run on that drive shaft. last integy part i buy...i got my big bone on backorder at my lhs

RC Champion
    Just order it through Amianhobbies or the Tekno site itself. They have then in stock now.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    i have already ordered it at my local hobby shop i havent paid for it yet but i told him to get me one so im a man of my word im just gonna wait on ed to get it... he said i will have it by wednesday im just gonna tear it down and do my bearings and fliud changes... just got my sc10 big bores tho cant wait to play with them

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, Integy is kind of a running joke around these forums with the exception of a couple small things that don't have to be strong like the motor heatsink/fan combo. Good luck with the Tekno and your sc10 big bores.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta