RC Qualifier

I heard someone on another forum say"the rustler is a poor man's truck"

Hi, I feel insulted ever since I saw this post on another forum that I don't even have an account on, but the rustler vxl is still $349 or so, so I don't call it a "poor man's hobby car" because it is most certainly not. I don't mean to cause any trouble, but this little mean remark against the awesome rusty vxl is an insult, not an opinion in comparison to the 1/16 E-revo vxl or the regular E-revo vxl. But I wouldn't say anything bad about the E-revo other than that it is supremely complex, when you break it, or it wears out, it might burn an enormous hole in your wallet, the rusty vxl is simple, and is relatively easy to upkeep on part wear, the rusty vxl is more fun that you can do power slides and wheelies on command every time, but eh.

Rustler vxl bought in 2013 2 stock 25c 7.4v lipo batteries, 4 pro line bad lands tires on desperado rims, and slash driveshafts and fast eddy bearings, and blue rpm front a-arms, and black rpm front bearing carriers and castor blocks.

RC Qualifier
    They say its a poor mans truck because its extremely simple and small. The rustler/stampede/bandit are all called that for the same reason. I personally really like those three trucks because they are great beginner trucks for people that are new to the hobby and I find they are really good trucks to do builds on because they aren't already decked out with all the best stuff. Since they are fun trucks to do builds and upgrades on everybody has a different truck with all the upgrades that that they like. I wouldn't be insulted by that because we all know that the rusty is an awesome truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Champion
    That is why i only read TRAXXAS forum.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I only wish that were true.. Its not inexpensive to buy to begin with and after all the upgrades I did with mine, its one of the most expensive cars I currently own and I own a lot of them.. Unfortunately mine has so much $$ into it, it has become more of a shelf queen while I go out and bash "more expensive trucks" LOL I will say one thing about the Rustler.. I love to drive it!
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    When people say it's a great beginner rc bothers me more than a poor man's truck.
    Anyone that is "into" the hobby knows it's not a poor man's truck.

I think it's one heck of a good price compared to most other....in which makes the rustler a good starter truck...but imho....still not a beginner truck.
    I personally think a 4wd is a better so called beginner truck since it is easier to control

The Rusty is what it is, a good upgradable and durable basher. A poor-man's basher would be some of the offerings from some other companies, the trucks are less than $200, but you have to deal with limited parts support and very limited customer support.

I do frequent a number of RC forums, you get some RC snobs that put down Traxxas, most have never owned a Traxxas RC and really have no idea of what they are talking about.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Dont sweat the small stuff... You know what you have, and what it costs. Sometimes, the internet is the poor mans soapbox...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I don't mean that they are only beginner trucks. They are good beginner trucks because they don't go 60 when you first get them but when you get used to driving it and y our no longer a beginner you can make them go 60 easily and you can make them better than a lot of trucks with upgrades. They are cheap COMPARED to the other trucks. They are not cheap at all, and by the time you have upgrades into it you have invested a small fortune into it. I'm sorry if I offended you by saying its a beginner truck, I didn't mean it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Qualifier
    rusty is a poor mans truck......liar......
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    rusty is a poor mans truck......liar......
    Lol.....guess thats why I do own one.....I am poor

RC Racer
    I don't care if it is a poor mans truck i still love mine. Pretty durable and when something breaks for the most part it is a breeze to fix

RC Champion
    I wouldn't call it a "poor man's truck" I would call it a beginner truck for sure. Traxxas's ultimate starter truck. I guess that person expects everyone to be able to afford a "rich man's truck" like the E-REVO brushless.