Coming soon! The new iCharger 4010Duo

Just in case any of you (us) big-charger fanboys haven't noticed, there is a new model coming to the well-regarded iCharger lineup. The 4010Duo has input voltage and current limits of 50V DC and 65A and output capabilities of 40A per channel (70A in synchronous mode) or 1600W per channel (3200W in synchronous mode.) As indicated by the "Duo" in the title as well as the "synchronous mode" referenced above, this is a native two-battery charger.
    You can view the specs here: http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-4010duo.html, but suffice it to say that it probably can charge any RC battery you have or that can be dreamed up in the foreseeable future.

Available December 1 (estimated) for about $350 + s/h & tax.

Now to find a PSU that can feed this animal...

Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-14-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: image added
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    yowzers, 1400W per channel, thats awesome.
    If it wasn't for the screen I'd be trying to find the games slot to plug my old nintendo games into.. Still an awesome specced machine.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

Dang now that is a monster. The only one I know that maybe able to power that monster is Jimmie he has that 24v 75amp system but even then its still lacking power needs more voltage. Now when would you use that much power? Maybe if you have like 2 handfull of people with 2-4 lipos each and set to charge at max amps on lipos capable.
    Thanks for the info ksb.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I want... this would allow me to sell off the netbook I currently have to use with my PL6... the screen is a great idea. Price isnt bad at all considering what your getting and the cost of a competitive (or as close as you can get) charger. I think you could power this with a converted arc welding power supply... it should have just enough juice.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Now to find a PSU that can feed this animal...
    I know where but we're not allowed to say it...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Somehow I doubt you've found a 3500W to 4000W PSU from a place you can't name.
    Furthermore, if you're not allowed to say, THEN DON'T REFERENCE IT. Let's abide by the spirit of the rules and just the letter of the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I want... this would allow me to sell off the netbook I currently have to use with my PL6... the screen is a great idea. Price isnt bad at all considering what your getting and the cost of a competitive (or as close as you can get) charger. I think you could power this with a converted arc welding power supply... it should have just enough juice.
    now that would be something to use a arc welding power supply for a charger i'm starting to either see a trend of power supplies from all over the place now from so many different things you can make one from. I wonder if my grandmother in all her stuff she has piled to the roof if there is something i could use as a power supply lol

A psu putting that much power out is going to take some time to find or even make you need something with atleast 50v or something maybe applying 4 12v psu's all together but not sure if that would be possible but i guess anything is possible soon with this hobby and creative ideas

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have been doing a lot of reading on this...
    Some guru's are suggesting a minimum of a 220acv power supply to properly power this charger.
    There are SPS units that have EXTREME outputs that take 220acv... looks like I might need to see if I can find one and get it converted. lol

The issue with taking multiple (3, 4+) SPS's and drawing from the same 120acv circuit is SAFE available amperage from that circuit. I would hate to see the SPS's burn down a house trying to charge a large stack of LiPo's. I know I am pushing the safe limit of a single circuit with my 24v 75a unit... I cannot imagine what a 50v 80a unit would do!

EDIT:
    BTW K, you beat me to it... I was going to start a thread like this last week!
    Life gets too busy too quick, let me tell ya... lol
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 11-14-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

True. The description of the Meanwell 2000W PSU @ ProgressiveRC states:
    NOTE: For full 2000W output, you'll need to run the power supply on a circuit with a 20A breaker if you're using 110V AC, or you can run it on a 220V AC circuit. On a standard 15A/110V circuit, output is limited to ~1600W.
    This PSU is about $500 (and they still charge extra for a power cable, lol) and you'd need two in parallel - if that's possible - to fully realize this machine's potential. I still wonder WHAT I'd need to charge to make use of the potential. It makes my personal best 500W (0.5kW!) output seem paltry by comparison.

j, I know we were not the first to take notice of this machine, but I thought it would interesting to the members who had not seen it. You get the next one.

Edit: I know what to charge! A Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, or Prius Plugin!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.

it was saying to use a 20amp wall breaker for this unit not the normal 15amp and you will be able to handle it but it does mention to use a 220acv it would be better thats for sure. this charger is a monster now time for another project have fun. I have plenty of 20A's laying around from construction we did on a house that i would use if i bought this
    Edit: Thats what i read LOL had it mixed up Jimmie&Ksb good thing KSB posted as well.

I have some projects i got to get done for this hobby during winter time to get ready for spring
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 11-14-2012 at 09:41 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Dude, I think we just had a MIB moment...

EDIT:
    After a quick eBay research... these SPS's have decent specs; 12v 121a fed 220acv.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-DEL...item4abdc379cc
    A pair can be bought for $33 shipped... $66 for two sets will get you 48v and 121amps; I am just not sure if even a 220acv circuit can take 4 of these at once??

I have seen 24-30v 1,000+ amp SPS's before that took 220acv...
    just did not find any this time.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 11-14-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Took me a second or two...but I do make this look good.
    Everybody else, look at this little light...