Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 360 of 784
  1. #321
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    How does the RPM bumper fit? Been thinking about getting that for my Slash Ultimate LCG 4x4, just worried that it won't fit. Got burned on the RPM shock shields (don't fit the GTR shocks) and the STRC motor mount. Now I am reluctant to buy anything that isn't listed as LCG compatible. Could you take a photo of the mounting point?

  2. #322
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by texastoast View Post
    How does the RPM bumper fit? Been thinking about getting that for my Slash Ultimate LCG 4x4, just worried that it won't fit. Got burned on the RPM shock shields (don't fit the GTR shocks) and the STRC motor mount. Now I am reluctant to buy anything that isn't listed as LCG compatible. Could you take a photo of the mounting point?
    Everything mounts the same. The only real difference is the middle chassis and the shocks.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

  3. #323
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    So I took the family to the track here in Yuma tonight for our first outing. I started with the truck in training mode so my son could drive it around a little while. The track wasn't too crowded so I let him take it and just kind of coached him for a while. He soon got bored with it and gave me the transmitter back. I pulled the truck up to the drivers area and switched it back to sport mode so I could open it up a little. It didn't take long for me to realize how bad I am at controlling this thing.

    I decided to put it back into training mode after draining the 4200 mah. I let it cool off on the table for a while, swapped it for a 7600 mah and away we went. It wasn't until I had run the track in training mode for about an hour that I decided to try switching back to sport mode. This second attempt at unleashing the beast went better than the first, but not by much.

    I rolled the truck pulling onto the straight away by getting a little too froggy with the throttle. The kid that flipped me over had me pointing backwards and I got smacked head on by another driver. After that I couldn't get the truck to turn right for some reason so I had my wife go retrieve it. When we got back tot the tables I saw one of my front shocks had come loose from the shock tower and was dangling helplessly. Since I'm still a noob with nothing even resembling a gear bag/box, it ended our night.

    Overall I think everyone had a blast. My wife really enjoyed running around flipping over the cars and my son made some new friends. I can't wait to get the Slash fixed so we can go out and do it again.

    -Rob
    Last edited by Brutus Maximus; 02-27-2013 at 10:19 PM.

  4. #324
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    390
    nice dude my Friend has a rustler xl-5 his same age a your son
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus Maximus View Post
    At lunch I finished swapping out the rear A-arms and stock shocks for pro-lines. Then I ran it for the entirety of a 4200 mah lipo. I LOVE IT! These shocks are amazing. The only thing I need to do now is tune the rear so that it doesn't bounce as much. The front end is money, but the back end likes to come up a little on the landing. I took off any and all pre-load to give the springs some more travel room, but they still feel really stiff. I'm running 30w oil in them. I'll have someone a little more experienced than me take a look at them tonight at the track. Tonight will be our first outing at the track together as a family and my first outing with my own car. I think my son is going to love running "his" Slash in training mode. (He's only 6)

    Wish us luck and if anyone has any input as far as the shocks go, I'd love to hear it. I'll take my video camera to the track tonight so I can post a video of what I'm seeing with the rear end.

    -Rob

  5. #325
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    187
    What have i done today?

    Painting the body of my platinum edition.

    Black with yellow stripes...
    I'm no expert on painting things... so this will be interesting....
    Think it's the first time i've painted anything with a spray can...


    At least it's not like anybody else's Slash!

  6. #326
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eagle, WI
    Posts
    31
    Got my mip xduty cvd's installed on all 4 corners. Hopefully will get the mmp sct with 2400kv along with the king headz motor mount and slipper bearing adapter. Cant wait for the snow to go away so I can bash.

  7. #327
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    44
    I bought myself a slash 4x4 for my birthday a couple weeks back. right out of the box I charged up a battery took it out and after a couple minutes I realized it was only front wheel drive. lol a set pin apparently came loose or was never in the halfshaft to begin with. Took it back to the store and they got me a new pin. Fast foward to the next weekend I am driving it on the road and it just dies and the esc is flashing red when I pull the throttle. Back to the store again, they said the motor was burned up and gave me a new one for free. Now the truck runs great I just can't find any dry spots to run it. Today I installed a king headz motor mount, guy at the shop said it was a good upgrade if I was looking for something to do. I am hoping when it dries up here in michigan I will get to enjoy the truck a little more.

  8. #328
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Covina, So Cal
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDanner View Post
    I bought myself a slash 4x4 for my birthday a couple weeks back. right out of the box I charged up a battery took it out and after a couple minutes I realized it was only front wheel drive. lol a set pin apparently came loose or was never in the halfshaft to begin with. Took it back to the store and they got me a new pin. Fast foward to the next weekend I am driving it on the road and it just dies and the esc is flashing red when I pull the throttle. Back to the store again, they said the motor was burned up and gave me a new one for free. Now the truck runs great I just can't find any dry spots to run it. Today I installed a king headz motor mount, guy at the shop said it was a good upgrade if I was looking for something to do. I am hoping when it dries up here in michigan I will get to enjoy the truck a little more.
    Oh, you will!!!

    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

  9. #329
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Jacksonville Fl
    Posts
    122
    Im so sad I cant beat my truck. You see I broke the stock motor. So im waitting on a mmp sct 2400 to come in later on this week. But I installed a inte crap roll bar on it to check out how it will look on it.
    Took me a while because it wouldnt line up right.

    Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

  10. #330
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    207
    I've decided to turn my slash, well back into a slash. lol, As soon as I purchased my slash I turned it into a backslash. Then recently I did a MT conversion. Now I'm looking to do a little racing with it. So I bought a traxxas LCG chassis, Jconcepts tires, proline protrac kit, a new slash body, and a Tenshock SC411 4000kv motor running on my Castle MMP/SCT esc. Also I will be dying the chassis black. Will be posting some pictures.

  11. #331
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    71
    Got a package in the mail, going to try my luck at a BackSlash.
    Here is what I have so far:

    LOSA4435 - Losi Wing Mount Set
    PRO6023-03 - Pro-Line Black High Downforce Performance 1/8 Wing Kit
    OFN81153 - OFNA Wheels, 3 Splits
    T140MS - Panther 3.2" Komodo Dragon Low Profile Med Sft Tire
    6856X - Traxxas 17mm Wheel Hub Set
    6735 - Traxxas Front Bumper/Skid Plate Black Stampede 4X4



    New wheel and tire compared to stock:


    Last thing on my list is a body, once I find the right one I will put it all together.

  12. #332
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Posts
    594
    Those are some sick wheels and tires bro...

    As far as me and what I've done today.. Took of the Losi Ten T's and sent em' off for some TLC down to FL... Decided to keep the slash after all and keep on racing and eventually I'll get a different class, thinking buggy or mugen or something..
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

  13. #333
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Those are some sick wheels and tires bro...

    As far as me and what I've done today.. Took of the Losi Ten T's and sent em' off for some TLC down to FL... Decided to keep the slash after all and keep on racing and eventually I'll get a different class, thinking buggy or mugen or something..
    Mugen truggys look fun.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

  14. #334
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    FarNorCal
    Posts
    273
    Ooooooo I love the 1/8 scale buggies!!!!! I keep think'n I want one too but I need to learn to "drive" a lil better before I pull that trigger!!!!!! And it'd have to be the Tekno buggy, a few guys have them here and they fly soooooo nice off the jumps!!!! Glad to hear you decide'd to keep the Slash ArmySSG!!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

  15. #335
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    Ooooooo I love the 1/8 scale buggies!!!!! I keep think'n I want one too but I need to learn to "drive" a lil better before I pull that trigger!!!!!! And it'd have to be the Tekno buggy, a few guys have them here and they fly soooooo nice off the jumps!!!! Glad to hear you decide'd to keep the Slash ArmySSG!!!!!
    +1 on the TeknoRC EB48..It makes a serious grunt on an off-road track. I'm might grab one as well but I wanna get a 2wd sct first
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

  16. #336
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Posts
    594
    2WD just seems so boring whenever I watch them race lol... But maybe that's because of the drivers at my local track lol.. So now my list includes a Savox Servo, BEC and maybe the new Tenshock V2.. Just don't know which KV to get which would be awesome on 2s...
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

  17. #337
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    2WD just seems so boring whenever I watch them race lol... But maybe that's because of the drivers at my local track lol.. So now my list includes a Savox Servo, BEC and maybe the new Tenshock V2.. Just don't know which KV to get which would be awesome on 2s...
    2wd sct or buggy will make you a better drive cause you have to find "the proper line" to turn fast laps. I would definitely be in the MOD class

    the 4400 kv tenshock would be FIRECE in your setup.. I thinking about checking out the HW 4700kv
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

  18. #338
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    2wd sct or buggy will make you a better drive cause you have to find "the proper line" to turn fast laps. I would definitely be in the MOD class

    the 4400 kv tenshock would be FIRECE in your setup.. I thinking about checking out the HW 4700kv
    Times two on this one....Once you can learn to drive a 2wd quickly around a clay track the 4wd is some what easy.
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  19. #339
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Posts
    594
    New servo and BEC or tenshock 4400 first?


    Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

  20. #340
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Torrance CA
    Posts
    177
    Changed my rear diff live to 3,000wt and installed a new set of trenchers and proline bead locks. Looks and runs good.

  21. #341
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    New servo and BEC or tenshock 4400 first?


    Sent from my iPhone4
    Your hitec servo is fine..I would get a Tekin rx 8 & then a sensored motor like a HW or SC411
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

  22. #342
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Posts
    594
    Yyeesh the RX8 is just soo expensive lol I can't justify it maybe if the MMP wets the bed.. But even then the new waterproof Mamba Monster seems appealing too in comparison to the price.. Who knows maybe my ESC will happen to get some juice spilled on it and the wife will feel bad but until that happens $70 dollars here $70 dollars there over a few months will have to suffice lol

    The only reason I think I need a new servo is the turning on my current one is slow.. Maybe if I get the BEC the Hitech will speed up..


    Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

  23. #343
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    south fulton tn
    Posts
    53
    I installed green rpm arms and tekno clamping hexs.
    I TOOK THE REAR SHOCKS OFF AND PUT A TOTAL OF 4.5MM OF LIMITERS IN THE REAR AND THEN SET THE REBOUND TO 1/4 INCH, 30WT OIL IN REAR
    THE FRONT WAS CHANGED TO 35 WEIGHT SHOCK OIL.
    RIDE HEIGHT WAS SET TO 27.5MM IN FRONT AND 29MM IN REAR WITH THE BODY OFF.
    REAR SHOCK FEEL GOOD BUT I THINK IT NEED TO 35WT OIL.
    THE REASON FOR LIMITERS IN RAR IS TO KEEP THE TEKNO DRIVE SHAFTS FROM POPPING OUT ON A SIDE HIT. THE SLASH CAME STOCK WITH 2.5MM LIMITERS FROM THE FACTOR.
    INSTALLED THE PINK FRONT SPRINGS TO TRY OUT.
    Last edited by sidneyhtripp; 03-06-2013 at 05:46 AM.

  24. #344
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,802
    I stripped the gears in the stock servo so I decided to upgrade and this morning installed a Hitec HS985MG and so far the new servo is all it can be..
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  25. #345
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    FarNorCal
    Posts
    273
    Hey ArmySSG try up'n the Mamba's bec with the castle link....just a thought
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

  26. #346
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    23
    Ok so I actually did this on Sunday. Added all of the blue RPM parts, Proline body mounts, F/R sway bars and new rims/tires. I finished painting my first body yesterday... its not great by any means but I learned alot. I will post a pic once i get all of the stickers on. Sorry if the pic is too large

    Aaron


  27. #347
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    i have done that before and its a pain in the but to fix

  28. #348
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    23
    I still need to get a few stickers, but it has turned out a little better than i thought.



  29. #349
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    17
    Front and rear bampers from T-bone, MIP front and rear, Integy shocks, Slipper and pinion from Robinson racing, some parts from Pro-Line and RPM, motor mount from Golden Horrizon




    visit my channel on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGuessua?feature=mhee

  30. #350
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    FarNorCal
    Posts
    273
    Looks really nice Navyweaxguy!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

  31. #351
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    23
    Thanks!

    Guessua I love the look of those shocks. Your chassis would look sick if it was dyed red or black.

  32. #352
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Navyweaxguy View Post
    Thanks!

    Guessua I love the look of those shocks. Your chassis would look sick if it was dyed red or black.
    Thx
    these shocks also working well at jumps (sorry for my poor english)

  33. #353
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    installed a glitch buster this past week and it does help in my lcg slash

  34. #354
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Finished up a new body today. Little disappointed but it came out ok.


  35. #355
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    23
    That looks awesome!

  36. #356
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    that looks nice tt dont fret you will only get better lol good job you paint and you learn

  37. #357
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks! Liquid mask is way more difficult than I thought. Keeping the knife cuts straight was almost comical. I ended peeling it all off and using a combination of tape and liquid mask. Then I cheated and used black pin striping from PepBoys to cover my 40-year-old shakiness. Ha! Came out pretty good considering.

  38. #358
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandbeatit View Post
    Im so sad I cant beat my truck. You see I broke the stock motor. So im waitting on a mmp sct 2400 to come in later on this week. But I installed a inte crap roll bar on it to check out how it will look on it.
    Took me a while because it wouldnt line up right.

    Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.
    Noob question for you...what function does a roll bar have? Save your body? Make the truck right itself more? It does look cool.

  39. #359
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Got done with mid terms and its raining in so cal so I decided to tear down the slash and give it a good cleaning and with some new parts

  40. #360
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Noob question for you...what function does a roll bar have? Save your body? Make the truck right itself more? It does look cool.
    Mainly to save your body, only really a good idea if your bashing.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •