Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    i just changed the tranny grease
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    What's up guys.. I have a couple of hundred available to spend on some upgrades for the Slash... what do you think of the list..

TEKNO RC Big Bone Center Driveshaft/Outdrives Slash 4x4 TKR6855
    Slash 4x4, STRC Alum. Steering Bellcrank Set ST6845B
    Slash 4x4, STRC Aluminum HD Front Shock Tower ST6839B
    Slash 4x4, STRC Aluminum HD Rear Shock Tower ST6830B
    RRP 1050 Robinson Pinion Gear Six-Pack 48P/48-P/Pitch 16T-18T-20T-22-T-24T-26T
    Hot Racing, SSLF254D, 54T Steel Center Diff. Spur Gear, Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Differential Oil Kit Revo TRA5136X

Any other recommendations? I want to get a 3s Battery but I don't see the point in spending $70 bucks if I can't use it at the track.. And the Tekno driveshaft? Don't know much about it but it seems to be the rave on the streets lol... This will all be going onto the STRC Chassis I just ordered..
    Did you sell your SSC chassis?

I would upgrade your shocks before getting aluminum shock towers. I've bent a set of rear STRC aluminum shock towers while racing on an offroad RC track; i'll post pix later. You will need 3s lipos to wake up your castle set-up...
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    Did you sell your SSC chassis?
    Nope I still have it, just wanted to see how both drove for myself, plus I got my Slash with the SSC already on it so it's all I know.. Don't get me wrong I love the SSC, I was racing a guy who was stock everything and he would flip like crazy over every jump where the SSC was very smooth over each jump and around the corners.. It was impossible to flip over lol! In regards to shocks, I have the Big Bore setup now, would you recommend something else? I have about 60 extra bucks to spend to get to my limit lol... And would you recommend something other than STRC for the shock towers? like Golden Horizons or something?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    Nope I still have it, just wanted to see how both drove for myself, plus I got my Slash with the SSC already on it so it's all I know.. Don't get me wrong I love the SSC, I was racing a guy who was stock everything and he would flip like crazy over every jump where the SSC was very smooth over each jump and around the corners.. It was impossible to flip over lol! In regards to shocks, I have the Big Bore setup now, would you recommend something else? I have about 60 extra bucks to spend to get to my limit lol... And would you recommend something other than STRC for the shock towers? like Golden Horizons or something?
    I just upgraded to LOSI Ten – T shocks; the fronts have a 12mm diameter shock body while the rears are 14mm and they are very smooth. I also have the LOSI spring tuning kit and aluminum bleeder shock caps. You could also consider the sc10 4x4 because they are also very good. Both the losi and sc10 shocks are within your budget and will be much better than the big bore shocks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120940562143...84.m1438.l2649

The aluminum shock towers are only for appearance or “bling” they will not improve your 4x4’s performance. I have STRC aluminum towers installed on my indoor rig and RPM/stock towers on my outdoor 4x4.

The TecknoRC big bone center drive shaft is very good. I also like their front and rear cvds.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!!! Now I don't have to purchase the alum shock towers lol.. and thanks for the link for the shocks! what weight oil do you run in your shocks? Now that I have extra money to spend I'll pick up the traxxas 3s even though it's 70 bones lol!

RC Champion
    I typically run 45w in mine. Stock 30w was a little too bouncy for me.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!!! Now I don't have to purchase the alum shock towers lol.. and thanks for the link for the shocks! what weight oil do you run in your shocks? Now that I have extra money to spend I'll pick up the traxxas 3s even though it's 70 bones lol!
    This weekend for my LOSI Ten-T shocks, I used 30wt I in the front and rear with stiff springs on a technical indoor track. My truck was glued to the track and I placed 2nd. I typically use 37.5 to 40wt in the front and 35wt in the rear. The spring rates will vary depending on the track conditions. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the different pistons included with the sc10 4x4 shocks..

Do yourself a favor and try a SPC Racing 3s LiPo..

http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=131

I just bought a few of their 2s 6500mah 65C packs and they are insane with conservative gearing and my EPA turned down on a 1/10 scale off-road track
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Ok so Im about to pull the trigger on my $200 purchase.. The final list ... Save me with suggestions before I spend this much money!! (insert epic movie trailer soundtrack here)

MKS Drift Pro GD-4 Drifting Gryro
    Integy T3100B Aluminum Reciever Box Cover Blue
    Traxxas 3948 Steel Pinion Gear 32P 32-P/Pitch 18T 18-T/Tooth
    Hot Racing Blue Aluminum Hd Center Drive Shaft: Traxxas Slash 4x4 SLF25X06 new
    Aluminum Front and Rear Shocks Fit Losi Ten Ten-t SCTE - Silver
    NEW FACTORY SEALED RPM SLASH 4X4 HEAVY DUTY BLACK REAR SHOCK TOWER 70362
    NEW FACTORY SEALED RPM SLASH 4X4 HEAVY DUTY BLACK FRONT SHOCK TOWER 70392
    Losi LOSA5286 Silicone Diff/Differential Fluid/Oil 50000CS 50000-CS
    SPC Li-Po Power, Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery Pack; 5000mAh, 25C, 3S, 11.1V

RC Qualifier
    Ok so Im about to pull the trigger on my $200 purchase.. The final list ... Save me with suggestions before I spend this much money!! (insert epic movie trailer soundtrack here)

MKS Drift Pro GD-4 Drifting Gryro
    Integy T3100B Aluminum Reciever Box Cover Blue
    Traxxas 3948 Steel Pinion Gear 32P 32-P/Pitch 18T 18-T/Tooth
    Hot Racing Blue Aluminum Hd Center Drive Shaft: Traxxas Slash 4x4 SLF25X06 new
    Aluminum Front and Rear Shocks Fit Losi Ten Ten-t SCTE - Silver
    NEW FACTORY SEALED RPM SLASH 4X4 HEAVY DUTY BLACK REAR SHOCK TOWER 70362
    NEW FACTORY SEALED RPM SLASH 4X4 HEAVY DUTY BLACK FRONT SHOCK TOWER 70392
    Losi LOSA5286 Silicone Diff/Differential Fluid/Oil 50000CS 50000-CS
    SPC Li-Po Power, Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery Pack; 5000mAh, 25C, 3S, 11.1V
    Lumidave35 has ten-t shocks available in his store Losi Ten T shocks You can buy the hard anodized shock bodies for $14 each
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Had some free time off today. Tweaked the Roll Center, camber settings, and swaybars way out of adjustment to the point the truck was unable to drive through corners. Then messed with various setups starting with camber, and finished with the roll center settings. I know, not exciting, but a I got hands on experience out of it
    Last edited by BAD RC; 12-21-2012 at 12:47 AM.

RC poster
    I've been lurking on the forums for a little while now but I'm still pretty new to the community. I pop in here to see what people are saying about the upgrades they've made to their Slash 4x4 before I order anything (no LHS in Afghanistan). I got a nice package in the mail today so I decided to post a picture.

This started as a Platinum Slash 4x4. Today I installed the MIP rear CVD and Caliber tires and moved everything to the Rally LCG chassis I bought on eBay. In the picture you can also see the Integy shock towers, Integy extra heavy duty universal drive shaft and Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks and RPM front bumper I had installed previously. I've gotten about 80 percent of the screws swapped out with stainless RC Screwz and there is a new RR pinion gear in there to replace the Traxxas one that I shredded. My RPM front and rear A-arms are enroute as well as is the battery compartment extender to fit my 3S LiPo. I'm also waiting for the Traxxas temperature sensor to arrive.. its the last piece I need to be able to install all of the telemetry. I think I'm about done until its time to bite the bullet and upgrade the motor/ESC. I need to do some wire management yet as well.. right now everything is tucked away for picture taking purposes. I'd be happy to hear from the community as to what they think. I'm looking forward to getting this thing out on the track we have and see how it does.

RC Qualifier
    I bet Afghanistan's got some pretty sweeeeeeeet bashing spots
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    I bet Afghanistan's got some pretty sweeeeeeeet bashing spots
    It does! The top picture is the 2WD Slash I had shipped from home. The bottom picture is the 4x4 I ordered once I got here. I'm running the same body on both because I can't have spray paint sent through the mail. The body that came with the 4x4 is unfinished

RC Qualifier
    Thats awesome. Cant wait for spring around here. All I got is my street to bash on right now. I havent even really had my Slash in the dirt yet . Might try and get to an indoor (carpet) track over the holidays tho. Thats pretty cool they allow you to have RC sent to you. Isnt there problems mailing the batteries ???
    Last edited by firemanJBI; 12-21-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

I would like to thank everyone for their service! Thank you for helping America to stay free! I serviced my rear shocks. I put more 80 wt oil in my Proline Powerstrokes. They are smooth as butter and my truck hardly ever rolls over.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Finally got the bearing I needed to get the xo1 axles on... 6x11x4 in case anyone was wondering. did that, cleaned her up a bit and put on some 17mm hex hubs for my new wheels...!!!

RC Racer
    OH, and I also put on a new GPM aluminum steering bellcrank...!!! looks sweet...!!!

RC Racer
    I finally got the spacing just right on the motor mount bearing. now its perfect and ready to go.
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Thats awesome. Cant wait for spring around here. All I got is my street to bash on right now. I havent even really had my Slash in the dirt yet . Might try and get to an indoor (carpet) track over the holidays tho. Thats pretty cool they allow you to have RC sent to you. Isnt there problems mailing the batteries ???
    I've ordered LiPo batteries through Amazon.com and had no problems. There are a couple other guys out here with cars also and, once I let them know, they have successfully gotten LiPos out here as well.

RC Competitor
    Today I decided to solder up my battery connectors, and got a surprise in the mail.

TRX connectors all soldered up:

Received another package today, Traxxas GTR Shocks for Slash 4x4:

Fronts compared:

Rears compared:

New motor and ESC mounted:

New shocks mounted:

Rear shocks mounted:

RC Qualifier
    Tonight I'm getting ready for Xmas- out with my SSC and in with the STRC! So stripped, dipped and prepped for the morning when good ol mom comes through with a purchase I'd rather not foot the bill on lmbo! Of corse pics or it didn't happen!

Of. Course this couldn't have happened without!!!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bezacha View Post

NOW THIS IS AWESOME! Im so happy that our troops over in Afgan are getting to enjoy theirselves with some traxxas rc! Makes me so happy. They give their life and its great that they get to have fun. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE PROTECTING OUR COUNTRY. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    Got my STRC this morning!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Got stalled out and will have to pick up 2mar gotta get a bearing tomorrow for the motor mount :-(

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Finally finished the build, servo saver, bearings, diff oil, heat shrink, pinion, spur and will need to get a rear carrier still but so far so good! I love this chassis though..

Sent from my iPhone4

RC poster
    broke rear stub axle

RC Racer
    Picked up a couple new Slash 4x4 rollers off eBay and gave one to my son and one to myself for Christmas. We spent yesterday evening painting the bodies, trimming tire foam and mounting the tires on our new wheels. Also installed some aluminum parts on both. Blue on mine, red on his. Rear hub carriers, front steering blocks, front caster blocks, motor mount and motor plate. Also installed MIP front and rear axles with MIP 17mm adaptors, extended battery kit, stampede wheelie bar with with the upgraded Traxxas wheels.

Now we need to decide wheather we want to swap over the motor, ESC and receiver from our Stampedes or hold off and buy new ones for the Slash's. Our goal is to have four fully functional trucks.

RC Qualifier
    Got some STRC rear hub carriers and replaced the traxxas ones the left hub carrier's bearings blew out somehow.. It was a needed fix so now I'm fully functional and ready to hit the track when I get back to GA!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Competitor
    Warmed up enough to get somewhat of a run in (and to make sure the EZ-Peak Plus charger is working right), went for about fifteen minutes 'til my fingers started to freeze up, so I taxied it back home. I'm quite impressed with how long the NiMH battery lasts, I probably could've taken quite a few laps around the nearby school before having to call it a day. I may have to keep that in mind for when summer comes and there's no one there for most of the day, lots of good surfaces to bash on!

I guess I'll charge the battery back up (and subsequently get the crap scared out of me by the alarm when it's done charging...still not quite used to that yet) to give myself an excuse for wanting the charger when it's too cold to do much of anything a majority of the time.
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

RC Qualifier
    Today, i went bashing on icy Streets with my homemade studed wheels. They are pretty good, by the way. After, i went snow crawling with my stampede wheels... That truck is a monster!! i cannot wait to put it on a outdoor Rc track! i love it!

Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Enthusiast
    I put on a set of rpm 2.2 rims with mashers and charged up my first 2s lipo for a test run tomorrow morning. Geared down to an 11t pinion and added stiffer springs to the back shocks. Got my emaxx body fitted and ready to paint. Mt conversion is well nder way now

RC Racer
    Today it snowed ALOT here in Utah so I charged up my lipo and threw some zipties on my tires. They hooked up in light powder and ice alot better than I thought. Made a 5 foot jump of snow to hit with my slash

RC Champion
    Today I ran it a bit then blew it down with compressed air and put it back to bed. I have done every conceiveable upgrade there is to do and customized everything there is to customize on mine and my 11YO sons. Working on 2 ERBE builds now. Winter needs to hurry up and get over so I can get back to running more. Spending too much time and more importantly $$$ building. For giggles I installed a 3kVA UPS with 40 hours of battery back up time feeding my work bench. If the power goes out I can go into my man cave and keep right on going. Like I said, too much time on my hands!

RC Qualifier
    Today, i found out that my slash 4x4 can make wheelies on stock 8.4v minh battery!So Cool!!!
    Will post vid soon!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Qualifier
    Wanted to register for the Colonels classic here in GA but its sold out 200+ already :-( but on the bright side, I reversed the steering on the slash and got the MMP race ready lol! So on that not ill be at Phil Hurd Raceway today doing some practice laps with the new STRC Chassis!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Well it wasn't today but yesterday I made my SSC Slash race ready, minus shocks. I've got 16mm's in the mail.

It's got a brand new BH 120A esc, Savox 1258 servo, and a new Futaba 4PL will be controlling it all.

I'm setting an A-main goal for this season....
    SSC SLASH 4X4

RC Enthusiast
    I put in a 56 tooth spur and ofna diff lock in the front and ofna with a tad of 35 weight in the rear. Also reshimmed the shocks.

RC Qualifier
    Wanted to register for the Colonels classic here in GA but its sold out 200+ already :-( but on the bright side, I reversed the steering on the slash and got the MMP race ready lol! So on that not ill be at Phil Hurd Raceway today doing some practice laps with the new STRC Chassis!

Sent from my iPhone4
    You can still race in the event you just have to register and pay in person on Friday or Saturday. Everyone who is signed up on RCsignup won't actually attend the race..Did you take some pictures of the layout? I'm racing JConcept super cup series this weekend in Coco beach, FL so I'm not sure if I'm gonna have my outdoor set-up ready to go by next weekend's race in Savannah, GA
    Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-05-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I spun out under a lowered Mustang at about 50mph. Came in from the back and hit everything until it stopped at the lower radiator support. Popped the screws out of the front body mount and broke a rear camber link in two. Doesn't seem to have any other damage aside from the body twisting.

Justin

RC Qualifier
    put the rally conversion bumpers and mounts on my son's slash and set the ford focus body on it and did the trimming gonna be adding a lcg chassis to it in a coulpe weeks have to admit his rally car will be wicked with the lcg chassis will post some pics of the before and after.