Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Thanks DriveIt!!!! Maybe if you were a lil closer!!!!!! LOL!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    Well, after 5 days of hard running my trucks, I did the tear downs to clean them today. I only had 2 blown wheel bearings on 2 trucks. The problem wasn't the blown bearings, as I have spares, it was one was corroded & stuck in the carrier! I had to use penetrant & pound it out! after removing the stuck outer bearing race, I used a moly based grease to lightly coat the outside of the bearing where it fits into the carrier. This should prevent it from becoming corroded & stuck again. For those of you who get their trucks wet, this should be added to your maintenance routine.

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    Yup MMP and the 3800 so I can get the RX8, by the time someone gets it off my hands the Pro4 HD should b out and at the right price

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC poster

Today I mailed my Slash 4x4 home from Afghanistan

This is what it looks like now. Can't wait to get home and see the extent of the damage.

RC Qualifier
    DDDAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!! That is rough dude lol.. What did the mailman like punt the box and run it over before he delivered? I hope you got insurance, but if not I'm sure you can just get a new chassis, A arms, some carriers front and rear, and hopefully your motor and esc is intact.. if not not to bad, must have upgrades anyway lol! I'm sure you have the money if you set up a TSP!

RC poster
    Well, I can see the chassis is snapped in half. If you think thats bad, you should see the box it came in. My wife thought I mailed home a ball wrapped in brown paper. It was covered in "Resealed by USPS" tape. Thankfully, I did get insurance on it. My radio and venom pro charger were also casualties during the trip home.

RC Qualifier
    Good Lord!!!!! I hope everything works out for ya bezacha!!!! And THANK YOU for your service!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    WOW!!! There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for that!!! It's a good thing you got insurance! Good luck on the rebuild!!!

And most of all, THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    Sold it - not sure why but I dont really miss it that much

RC Qualifier
    On second thought maybe it scanned weird on X-ray and try thought it was an IED or sumn.. I'm sure a slash with motor servo and esc looks pretty similar to a bomb.. They probably busted her up to ensure it wasn't nothing crazy

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Competitor
    Well i have had my slash 4x4 P.E for about 2 months now, have not had much time to play with it but just dropped in a mmp 2400 combo today, along with the snappy esc mount( i luv the new xl mount!!). Took it out for a quick run and about 10min into the run smacked a curb @ about 20mph and broke my first piece! the front left camber link!! idk if am happy or mad, cuz that means am ready for my first broken upgrade Any suggestions?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    WOW!!! There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for that!!! It's a good thing you got insurance! Good luck on the rebuild!!!

And most of all, THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!!

AB
    +1000 on the thanks 4 serving

RC Qualifier
    put motor in along with body posts have to clean up wiring but almost done gonna do a test drive today running 2's not 3's geared 14/54 right now

RC Qualifier
    changed out motors in my backslash
    painted the body

RC Competitor
    Sorry wrong post

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bezacha View Post
    This is what it looks like now. Can't wait to get home and see the extent of the damage.

that is BS man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would be taking it back to the post office and the box an throw a fit over this man, i would give them a ear rapen!!!!!!!!!!!! u fight for this country and u get treated like this is BULL5H1T!!!! IF TRAXXAS SAW THIS THEY WOULD PROBLEM GIVE U A NEW TRUCK!!!!!!!!!! I GOT A CHASSIS ILL GIVE U SIR!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    @sidney you'd be surprised at the support we get and DON'T get.. To most companies the army is the same as a regular job, just with weird locations lol! I remember on my first rotation to Afghanistan we tried to see if Starbucks would send us coffee.. Their answer was straight up we don't support the efforts there sorry.. But on the flip side GoPro came out there and handed out 100 free go pros with accessories! It'd be awesome if traxxas, Losi, associated got together to do a race or something and the proceeds and giveaways went to the troops deployed or the WTU guys..

Sent from my iPhone4

RC poster
    Put both back together and bought yet another lipo

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    @sidney you'd be surprised at the support we get and DON'T get.. To most companies the army is the same as a regular job, just with weird locations lol! I remember on my first rotation to Afghanistan we tried to see if Starbucks would send us coffee.. Their answer was straight up we don't support the efforts there sorry.. But on the flip side GoPro came out there and handed out 100 free go pros with accessories! It'd be awesome if traxxas, Losi, associated got together to do a race or something and the proceeds and giveaways went to the troops deployed or the WTU guys..

Sent from my iPhone4
    has anyone ask traxxas to look at this pic and see what they could do????

RC Competitor
    Today I ordered some D8 shocks to tinker with!
    got 32.5 and 35wt losi shock oil. I haven't done this before so this will be exiting!
    grey losi springs
    kyosho big bore spring retainers
    and some shock ends!

Im going to follow the D8 shock tutorial that was posted a few years ago.
    http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...-tutorial.html

So stoked!
    Last edited by Cigarelephant; 03-31-2013 at 12:30 AM.

RC Champion
    Test fitted wheels from my E-Revo on the Slash,

ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    Test fitted wheels from my E-Revo on the Slash,

i liked it better with the proline tires on it, but i have been thinking of doing the same as u and build a slash with a real looking body.

RC Champion
    I am going to sell a few sets of wheels/tires since we have way too many.
    Probably going to go with the Trencher-X SC tires since they will work fine with the truck and will give a little more width than the standard Trencher SC tire.
    I do love the look of the Trencher 2.8 but I don't want to hack up the body to run them.

I also put my Vorza wheels on the Slash, will be driving with these wheels/tires till I get the Trenchers.

Last edited by Zepher; 03-31-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Competitor
    He is now Herbie the Slash Bug...still need to put the rear fin on
    Last edited by CollinP; 03-31-2013 at 05:31 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    He is now Herbie the Slash Bug...still need to put the rear fin on
    Can't get photo to show up from photobucket. Please help.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Can't get photo to show up from photobucket. Please help.
    Copy the link by the photo called 'IMG Code' and paste in the reply box:

RC Competitor

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ALopezJr View Post
    Copy the link by the photo called 'IMG Code' and paste in the reply box:

Thanks you

RC Champion
    Just ran my slash for the first time and man is the STRC chassis awesome. I scratched up my nice body. Not a big deal though. KInda got alot of wet dirt on the chassis. :/ Waiting for it to dry then I'm gonna get it off.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I did my first paint job!

Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Enthusiast
    Kinda bummed I rolled my truck one too many times on the pavement I suppose. Snapped the end off the rear camber link and the top off the bearing carrier. I thought it was kinda weird it snapped both and not just one or the other. Happened after the LHS closed sunday night and they are closed on monday so it looks like tomorrow I will be making a trip down there. Should I try to go aluminum or rpm?
    Last edited by DarkDanner; 04-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.

RC poster
    Well lets see. I replaced the front shock I broke yesterday and tightened down all the screws again so I won't have a catastrophic failure like my buddy did on race day Saturday.

RC Racer
    First run with my AKA 17mm Adapters and SupraSales Mohawk Tires! The handling got MUCH better!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ControlledWithRemote; 04-01-2013 at 08:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    @controlled looks like you would have sick traction at the beach with that tread!

As for me.. Preparing the slash for the incoming shipment from Amain! Whoop whoop..

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    @controlled looks like you would have sick traction at the beach with that tread!

As for me.. Preparing the slash for the incoming shipment from Amain! Whoop whoop..

Sent from my iPhone4
    Did you switch out your shocks? I'm surprised I ran my truck yesterday with stock shocks without doing anything to them and they handled really well.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Yea I have some Losi Ten T shocks now, I still have the stockers but there's so much more tuning options In comparison.. The savox and CC BEC should be in today, took my sons stampede recover box and will mount that up too.. AKA tires body etc will be up and running by this weekend! I'm still nervous on my chrome body but hopefully it will turn out awesome

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Racer
    Haha Same here, My package from amain is coming on thursday! I have a car stand, Proline true scale Raptor body, paints, and more! And got my Leds and alot of extras ready to make the body look scale

RC Qualifier
    A Main is AWESOME!!! Free ship'n with orders over $25 is a nice perk too!!! Toadzrc.com is another cool site to order from (and also a NorCal based company) Just got a set of Losi 8ight Buggy shocks for my SSC chassis, impressive look'n shocks!!!! Got a big race this saturday, Northern California Verterans Museum Benefit Race......80+ racers and over $1400 of raffle prizes (include'n a couple of sct bodies I've paint'd up and donate'd) Sooo if there's anyone semi close to Redding, CA and want a fun fill'd day of race'n, BBQ, and some great folks please come and check us out!!!!

www.rattlesnakerc.com

RC Qualifier
    added glitch buster to my backslash just have to do wire covering

RC Champion
    Stripped a spur gear yesterday, didn't feel like replacing it but I'm sure I got one laying around.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2