Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Looks pretty good!
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Racer
    Here is a pic before we started today, my slash and rustler are in the middle. The far SCT is my friends and my other truck is something else.
    The 2650 has aton of torque and for the jumps I do it works great. Also, the rear traxxas bumper held up just fine. I missed a landing for a front flip pretty hard (20' high and about 40' distance) and it is still fine. Thank you Traxxas!

DJ

RC Racer
    Same place a few weeks back.
    DJ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Very nicely done
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    Looks SWEET Sactown!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrun View Post
    Looks pretty good!

Thanks everyone....really appreciate

RC Qualifier
    I got sick of this.
    [IMG][/IMG]

And installed this.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Also threw on new body.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Keep on Bashing and you will keep on Trashing

RC Racer
    I just put my other slash back together today, I am not much for painting since I just beat these cars to death anyway.

DJ

RC Competitor
    i jumped mine 16 feet kin the ear and landed on the front bumper and it split part of the driveshaft.

RC Qualifier
    Cleaned and oiled it for the potential sale lol :-( my slash has brought me great memories but its time..

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah ArmySSG.....my son won the last race with the Traxxas LCG!!!!! (Well stock-ish...proline shocks, castle 4600kv motor, and BHR esc) Ahead of all the losi's and 2 tekno's!!! The Slash has come a loonnnggggg way since the original release!!!! Driver is 90% and chassis is only 10%....I've read that somewhere!!!

LOL!!! Pls don't take my comment to heart!!! Just think you might be give'n up on the slash too soon!!!! And again, just my 2 cents my brother!!!!!
    Last edited by Mr.Bill; 04-24-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Competitor
    I've thoughts about getting the low cg chassis converson

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah ArmySSG.....my son won the last race with the Traxxas LCG!!!!! (Well stock-ish...proline shocks, castle 4600kv motor, and BHR esc) Ahead of all the losi's and 2 tekno's!!! The Slash has come a loonnnggggg way since the original release!!!! Driver is 90% and chassis is only 10%....I've read that somewhere!!!

LOL!!! Pls don't take my comment to heart!!! Just think you might be give'n up on the slash too soon!!!! And again, just my 2 cents my brother!!!!!

I don't think folks are giving up on the slash 4x4 as a racing platform but it cost more to get it ready to compete against other brands. I've done very well with my slash at club races and ok at regionals where pros dominate with other brands. My current racing 4x4 handles like a LOSI, turns like a sc10 4x4 and is as durable as a slash. What the other brands don't have is Traxxas product support and as many aftermarket upgrades..Next time you'll are racing ask one of your buddies to wheel his truck to feel the performance difference. I might convert my slash 4x4 into an onroad racing scalpel car

Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 04-25-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: details
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    I don't think folks are giving up on the slash 4x4 as a racing platform but it cost more to get it ready to compete against other brands. I've done very well with my slash at club races and ok at regionals where pros dominate with other brands. My current racing 4x4 handles like a LOSI, turns like a sc10 4x4 and is as durable as a slash. What the other brands don't have is Traxxas product support and as many aftermarket upgrades..Next time you'll are racing ask one of your buddies to wheel his truck to feel the performance difference. I might convert my slash 4x4 into an onroad racing scalpel car

wat chassis and a arms and shocks are you running?

RC Enthusiast

Few upgrades

Okay, so I am new to the hobby or at least new again (last time was in '85 while living in Japan). I have both a Slash 4x4 and a Stampede 4x4. I went to the LHS yesterday to pick up a LiPo bag and wound up with Aluminum shock caps for both and a RRP GEN 3 HP slipper unit and spur gear for the Slash. All installed super easy, now to find the time to run the Slash and see how it does. I am trying to get it set up to maybe start running in some races at a local park in Yukon, OK. I know, pics or it didn't happen; they will be coming later. As I was leaving the store I remembered and went back in and pickup a LiPo bag.
    Jerry C.
    Stampede 4x4
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    WOW Driveit.....you made the swap to Tekno!!! I would have to disagree with you though, no matter what brand your race'n your gonna sink $$ into it!!!! The "fast" Losi's here are not run'n Losi chassis, just like the fast Slash's!!!! A Tekno has yet to win a race @ my local track, grant'd they are new to the market (and new to the drivers) and only time will tell!!!

LOL Driver9543.....I've done the same thing!!!! Welcome to the forum too!!!!

RC Competitor
    fixed my 4600kv so i can kick some losi , tekon, associated mugen but saturday!!!!!!!!! with my slash. and i will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Mips on all 4 corners!

Waiting for the paint to dry now...

or the red thread lock i mean!

RC Racer
    Had to re-install one of the original front A-arms after my Slash came out second best in a a high speed collision with a lightpole and did this to one of my RPM ones.

While I was at it I installed these;

Then re-glued yet another hex into a stripped out wheel - that's all 4 of them now!

RC Qualifier
    @Mr. Bill pm sent! An for the guy interested in the LCG it's the only way to go if u plan I racing.. SSC kit got finishe updating there platform and TRCe is always fancy looking but if money is an issue go STRC.. But traxxas plastic can't compare..

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    WOW Driveit.....you made the swap to Tekno!!! I would have to disagree with you though, no matter what brand your race'n your gonna sink $$ into it!!!! The "fast" Losi's here are not run'n Losi chassis, just like the fast Slash's!!!! A Tekno has yet to win a race @ my local track, grant'd they are new to the market (and new to the drivers) and only time will tell!!!
    I had to find RCs that fits my driving style. Tekno's SCT410, LOSI 22sct and the Slash 4x4 are my RCs of choice. I've turned my fastest lap times with the Tekno which is bone stock except aluminum hexes.

Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 04-26-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Pictures added..Details
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Well I'm glad you like the Tekno Driveit!! I'm gonna swap to Tekno axles in my SSC, the MIP's do not like the SSC extend'd rear arms!!!! Got bearings on order from Bocca so I can keep the aluim bits!!! And I'm gonna fill the diffs, instead of run'n just grease!!! Also gonna fill my son's diffs on his Traxxas LCG....just what I need, him to be even faster than he is now!!!! LOL

RC Competitor
    Decided to tear up my lawn today. Wound up snapping a front axel pin, I seriously need to learn throttle control, that 2200kv on 4s is a beast. Wonder what I can break on 6s :-o

RC Qualifier
    @Al that looks like some serious power! have you tried slicks on pavement to see about a speed run?

RC Qualifier
    I don't know if i posted this here my new body
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rustler1999929

RC poster
    Today I upgraded my slash 4x4 to a platinum. I added Traxxas sway bar kit, c-hubs/steering block, rear axel stubs. Also added some rpm mud flaps.

RC Racer
    How fast should a stock Slash LCG Platinum be on 3s battery?

Does this look about right?

Need a small GPS so i can track it. Have only a big Garmin Montana 650T

I use the Proline Street fighter tires on my slash, so it flips over instead of sliding around sometimes. But with he LCG chassie, he knows what way it should land.

RC Racer
    Tonight I changed all drive shafts and all bearings . Also added blue aluminum front knuckles w/ C-hubs and blue aluminum rear axle carriers.
    Slash 4x4
    Slash 4x4 Platinum
    Rally 4WD
    Xo-1

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    @Al that looks like some serious power! have you tried slicks on pavement to see about a speed run?
    ArmySSG, I plan on getting some slicks later on. Right now I really do not have any long roads to really get up to speed. I will probably get a set of Banditos or Street fighters. The power is awesome, I can pop a wheelie on command.

RC Racer
    Upgraded the servo to the Protek 100s.
    If anyone is looking for a servo, i would like to recommend this on.

RC Champion
    Race night at the indoor track so will be prepping etc the 2wd and 4wd Slashes.. New track layout so I need to get there early for some track time......
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    painted this today another chevy 55 rootbeer and pearl white i like this liked the last one so much did another really like this color a lot waiting on d8's arrival Monday

RC Racer
    I installed my rebuilt differentials, new bearings in the rear carriers, installed RPM front and rear bumpers and rod ends. Can't wait until Friday when my new body, extended body mounts, RPM low visibility wheelie bar, nerf bar and castle bec come in. It will be the first time it will ever have a truck body on it. Also picking up a Savox high torque servo Thursday. Gonna be shweet.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Enthusiast
    I solved a drama i was having with my pinion gear inside the rear diff. This thing was really screaming when givin' some throttle (mmm + 2200kv castle motor) after rebuilding revo spec slipper and diff gears found that it was the pinion inside the diff not getting correct mesh with the ring gear, long stroy short screws holding diff case together were flogged out and not clamping pieces together tight enough scewed some slightly bigger self tappers in and proplem solved.

RC Champion
    I put shocks on that came from a slash 2wd I got today in a trade.
    Mine and my brothers slashes' look like twins now,

I sold my MIPS to my brother and ordered the xo-1 axles, carriers, hubs, and the the new traxxas 12mm hexes for the xo-1 axles tonight. I prefer the look of the xo-1 cvd's over the MIPS.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    I took mine to the beach for the 1st time. I had a blast, until I got home and assessed the damage. After I hosed it off I saw the fishing string wrapped around the new XO1 axles and Tekno hubs I literally just put on. So I began the tear down and next thing I know is that I have the whole truck blown completely apart and I replacing just about every bearing. It also locked up the brand new King Headz motor mount bearing and ruined my aluminum center clutch bushing. Its all good now with new bearings and bushing. The fishing wire took about 1/16" off of the face of the Tekno hub, so the bearing sticks out a little now. I think it will be alright. No more beach driving for me. I also installed a RPM rear bumper and low profile wheelie bars, hopefully that will keep the rubber side down.

Last edited by v8sten; 05-14-2013 at 10:44 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Let a friend take my slash out for a rip last night, what ensued next was one of the most spectacular whoopings ever witnessed in northern Saskatchewan; he was all over the place with it in the neighbours yards, trees, bushes and flower beds, he'd make a sharp turn at a decent speed and the Bandito tires would grab; throwing it into the air, I was laughing to the point of tears; all that broke was a nerf bar and the body is scuffed up more. Now he's buying his own; heaven help it if I ever get ahold of it. HAHAHAHA!!

RC Qualifier
    Installed new RPM nerf bars. Also tried out the 18 tooth pinion that it came with; lots of speed now! But the motor was up to 160 degrees; and the ESC wasn't too far behind, I won't be running it very often.

RC Racer
    Well I drove it yesterday after the rebuild and it got up on the wheelie bars around 40 mph and got all cattywhompus and caught the sidewall of the rear tire and it cart wheeled and launched about 10' in the air. it looked like one of them gymnastic girls, it was spinning real fast in the air. This was the result.

Last edited by v8sten; 05-15-2013 at 11:43 AM.

RC Champion
    Doing gymnastics in a rc does that all the time . especially the cartwheels!

I also have cleaned the beaches of fishing line and a few hooks and it can do some damage....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    "Catterwhompus" hahahaha!!!

RC Qualifier
    got these in the mail today got the backs installed