Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Nice paint job there Bolio56!!! And blknryzn that chassis is look'n sweeter and sweeter!!!! Love'n it!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    Well Got the first part of my shipment in last night, and the rest of my order should be here on Friday.. But check this out.. USPS delivered the arm for the servo and the next day delivered my Savox servo to someone else!! I'm really ****ed off, now I have to wait on the investigation to be complete at USPS and hopefully I'll be able to get Amain to send me another.. Until then here's what I got so far!

Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Champion
    Wow, that sucks hope you get it sorted.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    The new 4x4 got a little beat up last week at the track....

New front and rear RPM bumpers installed today. The installation was real easy and fast.

Also provided a little more room/clearance for the body between the bumpers, nice fit!

Front Bumper

Rear Bumper
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Well the savox arrived! a lady around the block got it and has been trying to have the mailman pick it up for the last three days! Newho I got it, soldering everything up tonight!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    The hits just keep on coming. My truck took a bad bounce in my yard and bounced off a turtle statue. Snapped an a arm at the body, wish I would have checked the shock before I went to the hobby shop though. My shock shaft has a pretty good curve to it now lol. I got my rpm a arms installed but it looks like I will be heading back tomorrow to do something about the shock.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDanner View Post
    The hits just keep on coming. My truck took a bad bounce in my yard and bounced off a turtle statue. Snapped an a arm at the body, wish I would have checked the shock before I went to the hobby shop though. My shock shaft has a pretty good curve to it now lol. I got my rpm a arms installed but it looks like I will be heading back tomorrow to do something about the shock.
    Heh, kinda an interesting way to break something
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Well postponed the solder and wire clean up but got the majority of everything installed... Quick question for my savox and castle bec guys.. so, once you disconnect the red wire from the MMP, does the ESC wire move to channel 1? and the BEC wire move to channel 2? Friday my paint, tires, springs, and losi car stand should be in.. Can't wait to start painting!!! Well anywho, this is where I'm at thus far!

RC Racer
    I did this while racing my mate around a local park:

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Well postponed the solder and wire clean up but got the majority of everything installed... Quick question for my savox and castle bec guys.. so, once you disconnect the red wire from the MMP, does the ESC wire move to channel 1? and the BEC wire move to channel 2? Friday my paint, tires, springs, and losi car stand should be in.. Can't wait to start painting!!! Well anywho, this is where I'm at thus far!

I have the same setup. Servo ch1 esc ch2 and bec any other open ch. like I say I run the same thing but I am away at work. I believe that's the way it goes. When you plug in battery servo should immediately turn on. That's how mine works.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier

Nice looking build and layout..When are you gonna get the TeknoRC Fr & Rr driveshafts??
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    @dirty I figured everything would stay the same and add the BEC to the extra channel 1 slot... The wiring diagram threw me for a loop saying the BEC would move to channel 2 and the BEC would be on channel 1

@driveit ima do a few runs with this setup and ill upgrade to Tekno driveshafts in the next month or so..

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Australian Slash Driver View Post
    I did this while racing my mate around a local park:

This is why most folks upgrade to 17mm hex. It gets old fast having to constantly buy spare wheels, I'll be running buggy wheels on mine. May not look "cool" but hey, at least they will take the 1/8 scale power!
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDanner View Post
    Well that lasted a long time, 5 minutes into my first run with new rpm a arms and shocks I broke a piece out of the a arm. Not even a highspeed crash like the last time. Must have just caught it at the right angle, at least it didn't bend my brand new shock this time.

RC Champion
    Fixed my wobbly driveshaft,

then put some loom on my wires,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Set up a modified New Era roll bar. Getting welded up this week.

Just superglued now.

Sent from blazing fast Droid DNA

RC Competitor
    Installed in a Center Diff today!
    Needed to do some tinkering while I await the arrival of some D8s.. Left the 100k in the diff to see what its like on the track. Ill change accordingly from there ;p
    Is it normal for guys to have 2-3 diffs depending on what track they are driving at?
    Talk about a pain switching out diff oils all the time. ..well not really but it would be much easier and cheaper long run to get another center diff to swap out oil weights on the fly

left-center diff
    right- slipper clutch
    green towel- work station on coffee table. lol apartment living <3

Crappy pic I know, sorry.
    Last edited by Cigarelephant; 04-04-2013 at 10:47 PM.

RC Racer
    Pull my rear diff housing apart for cleaning for the first time, mainly to see what was in there (inspired the broken diff thread). It was pretty dirty in there, but better now.

Also got me a set of Louise Pioneers to replace the stock wheels/tyres with the spun out hex.

Love the way they look, can't wait to try them, but they seem pretty good from initial impressions. Haven't heard much about them so if anyone else has had some glad to hear what they think.

Now, here's hoping for some nice weather tomorrow!

RC Qualifier
    Finished up wiring last night!!! my next shipment should be in today so tonight I'll be painting away at the new body.. Can't wait!

@Zepher where did you get your loom from? I'd like to get some blue loom for my setup.. ANywho here is the final shot until I paint up the body and get the tires situated..

RC Champion
    I finally painted the body that came with my Platimum 4x4... Nothing special, just metallic blue and indy silver and a lite tint on the side windows.

After the pic's I put on some RPM front & rear bumpers....

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    @ArmySSG I got the loom from a friend, he used it to wire loom his 70's Honda motorcycle he recently built.
    I'll try and remember to ask him where he got the next time I talk to him.

RC Qualifier
    Shipment is in.. Tonight will b fun!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    My wheels and tires arrived today.
    They were supposed to come next week, but I am not complaining.

Sent from my i7 3770K

RC Qualifier
    Wewh just finished up and headed to bed! What a great way to start a birthday!

How it started

How it finished..

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Racer
    Sarge your stuff is allways so nice

RC Champion

Oh, and decided to loom the battery wire on the ESC,
    Last edited by Zepher; 04-06-2013 at 01:53 AM.

RC Competitor
    Wewh just finished up and headed to bed! What a great way to start a birthday!

How it started

How it finished..

Sent from my iPhone4
    That silver is amazing! Do mind telling a noob how you got it to look so chrome/color code and brand?

RC Qualifier
    Spaz Stix Chrome/mirror paint its awesome and really easy to spray.. U just have to do a bunch of light coats with about two minutes in between each coat.

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Competitor
    I drove it
    Traxxas Slash 2wd Vxl

RC poster
    Bought another 3s battery for it

RC Qualifier
    Blew nose cone bearing in 3500 Velineon, majorly upset only 3 weeks old. Can't get screws out of motor mount plate to fit new motor, will have to wait for parts to arrive.
    Keep on Bashing and you will keep on Trashing

RC Qualifier
    Zepher, motor and ESC look great, what part numbers used so I can look into it? just blew bearings in 3500 Velineon only weeks old, very disappointed. I'm not slagging 3500 motor just disappointed.

RC Qualifier
    Wewh in the sun this thing is a beast, I also installed the black springs on the Losi Ten T shocks, and getting the batteries charged up for a evening race!.. They say the brighter the better on the track.. I might need to bring out the shades tomorrow!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Team arsy car View Post
    Zepher, motor and ESC look great, what part numbers used so I can look into it? just blew bearings in 3500 Velineon only weeks old, very disappointed. I'm not slagging 3500 motor just disappointed.
    Mamba Max Pro SCT 2400kv
    http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...x_pro_sct.html

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    How is this set up going, is it water proof? can't find much info here in OZ on it, thanks for the link. Are you still running factory gearing? if not what?

RC Racer
    Got to test out my new Louise Pioneer tyres today and they are sooooo much better than the stockers. But after getting through my first pack (nimh 8.4v) at one spot, after getting to the next and running a 3s this happened;

It seems that the wheel nut started to pull through the wheel itself, not sure if the platic is a little softer maybe. In any case the end result was this:

I spun the hex on one of the rear wheels on the first day with them.
    So I had a spare hex and glued it in, and moved the wheel to the front where it should be under less stress. As a future precaution I have also glued a washer to each wheel to make a much stronger area for the wheel nuts to tighten on to:

And it now looks like this:

Hopefully I'll get the chance to try it out tomorrow and see how it holds up.

RC Racer
    Not so much me, but I got my wife out to do some bashing for the first time. She actually did a front and back flip with it. I couldn't believe how clean the landings were, what was more amazing was she couldn't even see what she was doing. She was standing in one of the dry overflow ponds and flew off the hill in between the that one and the other, landed just about perfect on both and kept driving. My friend and I both yelled out how good the jumps were, and she said what did I do? She had no clue she held throttle or brake on either jump, just nothing but luck.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Competitor
    Finished up my BackSlash, not sure if I like how the front clip came out. This was my first RC paint job and my practice run for when I paint my new Proline Tundra SCT body. So here are the pics:

And my daughter wanted to get in on the photo action with her RC car:

RC Qualifier
    @AlLopez.. Looks good to me bro.. Do you plan on actually racing your backslash or just bashing? I'd be interested to see how it performs in comparison to the other buggies out there...

As for me, and all the technical difficulties this weekend on traxxas.com I took the slash out to the track and raced.. I was in 3rd for the Amain, took the double double and my solder job on the deans clip coming from the ESC came loose ... FAIL and didn't finish the race.. But as for everything else, I love the Savox, and everyone loved the new paint job, It was sunny so that thing was "blingin" down the track lol..

RC Competitor
    @AlLopez.. Looks good to me bro.. Do you plan on actually racing your backslash or just bashing? I'd be interested to see how it performs in comparison to the other buggies out there...
    ArmySSG, I do not race, I am currently stationed in Germany and the RC market is real slim here. I got an assignment to Japan next and I think the RC market there is much better. I just bash at the local park and around the house.