Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    Noob question for you...what function does a roll bar have? Save your body? Make the truck right itself more? It does look cool.
    Helps save the body and other goodies. I dont know about righting itself more. To me its just to protect the truck a little more

Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

RC Qualifier
    +1 @fracture only a good idea if u bash to the extreme and have tons of upside down landings... Which in my opinion why land upside down in the first place lol

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    Mounted up some new 2.8 Mashers

E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by texastoast View Post
    Thanks! Liquid mask is way more difficult than I thought. Keeping the knife cuts straight was almost comical. I ended peeling it all off and using a combination of tape and liquid mask. Then I cheated and used black pin striping from PepBoys to cover my 40-year-old shakiness. Ha! Came out pretty good considering.
    From the pic, the paint job looks great..... If you think your 40 year old shakiness is bad..... Wait untill you get to my age (69 next month) I also have to use alot of liquid mask, tape and pin striping to achieve results And it's not cheating...Just a cover up
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Picking up the lcg kit from local shop today. It's for my son's First Communion end of April, but he is racing Sunday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    I was tired of this happening when I run my 3s...

So I went and bought these...

Quote Originally Posted by NX91Notch View Post
    I was tired of this happening when I run my 3s...

So I went and bought these...

You are going to love those axles! Just be sure to use loctite on the grub screws. Not too much so you don't lock the joints. I have been extremely happy with mine for well over two years.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You are going to love those axles! Just be sure to use loctite on the grub screws. Not too much so you don't lock the joints. I have been extremely happy with mine for well over two years.
    Yeah thats the same a random guy in the shop said last night. I was trying to decided if the 50 dollar price was worth it guy said I would love em.

Do you use grease? I seem to be getting mixed opinions on that part. Seems that a dry graphite lube is the most preferred.

RC Qualifier
    Just realized my servo doesn't suck it's just not for short course lol it's a high torque Hitec not a high speed lol.. #fail anybody n need of a high torque lol

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Just realized my servo doesn't suck it's just not for short course lol it's a high torque Hitec not a high speed lol.. #fail anybody n need of a high torque lol

Sent from my iPhone4
    Maybe for my revo which one is it?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Ill pm u so the thread won't get closed

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    Installing the lcg chassis but to be honest a one page diagram as instructions is a bit weak.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni77 View Post
    Installing the lcg chassis but to be honest a one page diagram as instructions is a bit weak.

Well it is pretty much just the middle chassis

Also ArmySSG didn't get your pm
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    U have to go online for the build break down

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    I installed the center diff in my new LCG 4x4 Slash Adjusted the camber to -2 degrees, tuned the shocks and now will put a whooping on my son and grandson at the race track tomorrow.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    U have to go online for the build break down

Sent from my iPhone4
    Figuring it out as I go but one shouldn't have to go online for it. It really should be included. Not hard, just a painwith some items. I took photos along the way just to double check.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni77 View Post
    Figuring it out as I go but one shouldn't have to go online for it. It really should be included. Not hard, just a pain with some items. I took photos along the way just to double check.

It really takes no effort to go online for it. Also most people don't need the instructions.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    Currently in the process of making a BackSlash, until all of the parts come in I decided to make it a monster truck again. Mounted the new wheels and tires, 17mm adapters, and aluminum rear hub carriers.

New wheels compared to stock:

Top view of everything with out the body:

On the work stand:

And the final shots:

RC Enthusiast
    Ok do say I'm doing it based on just doing it. I would think if someone had a question, besides these forums one should have to look elsewhere other then the traxxas site.
    I found the rear to be easier than the front to assemble.
    I left the front and rear diffs with grease but picked up 30,000 oil for the front and 10,000 for the rear to change down the road.

RC Qualifier
    I upgraded to XO-1 CVD's, carriers, & 17mm hubs, got some Suprasales 1/8 Buggy wheels/tires, AND grabbed a Traxxas ET2400 motor to put in.

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC poster
    im camshaft561 i just lost my account stuff so i still have my slash but its got new wheels i fixed my rollcage after a catastrofic crash that broke three welds and bunt the steel cage into a U shadpe and i tightened my motor plate and replaced a rear driveshaft

RC Competitor
    i went racing with the slash and the strc chassis. i am very happy with the truck!!!!!! i didnt have the right tires for a in door track but i qualified 2 for the main and finished 3rd cause i had some mess up. i was also running the traxxas brushless system geared 50 12. then i changed to a 13 tooth for the main. i had a alot more power alround the track and started over shot alot of turns an such. but most of all very happy with my truck, i do need to work on the setup more for a indoor track, with high traction!!!!!.

RC Qualifier
    @aburg any running videos?

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    @aburg any running videos?

Sent from my iPhone4
    None yet...going camping next weekend, have a dry river bed I'm going to tear up! Will vid then.

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC poster
    Broke more stuff Sunday...

So RPM a arms it is....went ahead and did the rear now knowing sooner or later I was gonna kill the stock rears.

RC Qualifier
    new shocks front and rear

RC Enthusiast
    only had my slash about 1 month. gonna run down what ive done since because its been pretty frequent with me.new rpm a arms front and rear,traxxas aluminum turnbuckles front and rear,big bore shocks (waiting on my gtrs to get in) clear cover for spur gear etc,rpm rear hub carriers,rpm front and rear bumpers,tekno big bone center shaft(removed plastic cover and fabricated way to keep rocks out),kings head motor mount with bigger bearing,traxxas center diff,tekno rear axel assembly (full kit),tekno aluminum hub adapters at corners,rpm shock towers (f/r), jc concept black rims which name i forgot,proline badlands on the corners and a proline raptor body (think its the raptor but havent paid any attention to it) which isnt done yet. waiting for my tekno front axel full kit to arrive hopefully today. running vemom batteries also. may have done more,but cant remember rite now

RC poster
    Just some bashing :

RC Champion
    My son and I did a little grudge racing this morning, My Platinmum 4x4 against his SC-10 4x4 on the dirt track.... And the winner is.... Me!!!

I heard his excuses, something about tires and traction.......

Went to the paved road and both trucks got off the line and top end equally.... So now he's getting another set of tires .

I left the center diff in the Slash and both on and off road the Slash tracked much straighter

RC Enthusiast
    received my tekno front axel kit and installed yesterday.will try it out later today

RC Racer
    Installed Hobbywing ESC's and Tacon motors on both my sons and my Slash 4x4 MT's. Took them out and had a good time yesterday evening. 200+ foot wheelies on command. Either from a full stop or while at 3/4 throttle. Going to try and get video the next time we go out.
    -Mike

Two Stampede 4x4's and Two Slash 4x4's

RC poster
    I ordered a traxxas lcg chassis 2 weeks ago from my local hobby shop and it still not here

Went on traxxas web site and there back ordered

Strc is sold old

Ha I was tempted go just buy a rally and put all my parts on it

Anyone have any advice on where I can get one

Any other company's ? That have lcg in stock ?

RC Qualifier
    UnGreased Fist try ebay.....there's a bunch of traxxas lcg packages list'd. And there's always the SSC chassis!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    UnGreased Fist try ebay.....there's a bunch of traxxas lcg packages list'd. And there's always the SSC chassis!!!!
    EBay I didn't even think of that

And I've looked in to the SSC chassis. Looks really nice. I don't race. 70% bash and 30 % at my friends back yard track. That's why I want to go with the traxxas Lcg and everything will bolt right up

RC Champion
    Received my new Proline Ion M4 tires and mounted them on some Split six beadlocks with carbon fiber rings.

Going to the track tomorrow to try them out on the new and not yet abused Slash LCG 4x4.

Different tread pattern than the Suburbs.

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    installed the rear sway bar

RC poster
    Had an accident

So I bought a new chassis, mip x-duty cvd all the way around, a new servo, and the tekno Big Bone Center Driveshaft and
    Outdrives

RC poster
    Got my lcg chassis today. Finally. Ordered one 2 weeks ago from my local hobby shop. And it still hasn't shown up. So I was lucky enough to be working near the home depot or hobby stores today and gave them a ring and look what they had in stock.

So amped to go home and die it and start putting it together

RC Qualifier
    @Jeremy dag man what did u hit?! Hopefully u don't do it again.. But I have to be honest i literally laughed out loud thinking about what look u probably had on your face when u first picked it up!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    What ever you hit it sure put a hurt on your truck.....I've seen worst, but not by much....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis