Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Received a couple of items in the mail:

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    ok here are some picks of the car almost finished tires on. still waiting on a couple stickers for the red one, the blue one gonna change the tires maybe blue beadlocks would be nice. both added a jesus fish to the roof thought that was interesting took mine out for a spin today still have to make some adjustments on suspension but like the way it flows gonna put some pic of the inside also hope you like
    How are you getting different colored beadlocks? Are you painting them?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Well, I jumped it full speed off a jump that is up to my waist straight into a tree, and only my rear bumper broke from the 2 meter high fall! I'll have a vid up soon!

RC Qualifier
    Tested my Slash MT today again. Running a Turngy ********* 2100kv with 120esc on 4s, gearing is 19/54. I don't pop any wheelies with that gearing but been primarily running on pavement due to the grass being wet and I havent received my stampede receiver box yet. I can't even go past half throttle on pavement because I loose all traction and the truck just spins even if I'm going 20mph. Tried some anacondas but no improvement, truck looses all grip past half throttle.

This happened as I was trying to chrono a high speed pass reading. I was trying to slowly bring the truck up to speed but lost control as I checked for traffic then tried to go past half throttle. Skidded straight into the sidewalk with brakes fully engaged. It was 20 degrees out today and the lower control arm didn't stand a chance but a 5 min arm swap and I'm ready for tomorrow.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Qualifier
    Get some foams, some stiff springs with less rebound to keep the tires planted, tape up the inside of the tires to prevent ballooning and you should be rocketing down the road in no time!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Enthusiast
    I finally got my rpm/rc lites 6 led kit installed. They look and work great. Just have to tuck away the last few wires. But as it got up to 40 outside today I even got to bash a little bit. Unfortunatly snow tonight and back into the teens tommorow.

RC poster
    Well I actually Broke my local indoor race track. Thats right my Ultimate took out a fairly large piece of the yellow plastic tubing used for lanes. My truck is fine, but not so sure about the track missing a guard rail.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Get some foams, some stiff springs with less rebound to keep the tires planted, tape up the inside of the tires to prevent ballooning and you should be rocketing down the road in no time!

Sent from my iPhone4
    I'll keep this in mind, thanks. Although, I'm going for more of a MT for off road use.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Qualifier
    Thinking about selling my Slash today.. Lusting after the new Tekno SCT410.. sooo what do you guys think? let her go or not? Motor, ESC, and Servo included... Of course so I can foot the bill for the new truck and RX8/Pro4 Combo
    Last edited by ArmySSG; 02-20-2013 at 08:30 AM.

RC Qualifier
    What chassis do you have on it ArmySSG??? Love my SSC way too much to part with it!!!!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    What chassis do you have on it ArmySSG??? Love my SSC way too much to part with it!!!!!!!
    It's a STRC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    What he said... It's in the market place..

RC Enthusiast
    What brand of roll bar is that and do you like it? I'm tired of buying bodies. Thanks.

RC poster
    Put on some 1/8 scale buggy wheels and 17mm hexes. Going to see how it does tomorrow.

Still up in the Air about getting the strc lcg. One thing at a time. I guess Haha

My basher body.

I got a rc8 body. Just haven't had time to cut it out and paint it. And or figure out how to mount it , what wing are people running ? I need to pick one of those up too

RC Competitor
    Installed a Futaba 4PK R. About to upgrade to Tekno's. Starting to think about doing a build page, not sure which thread it goes in.

RC Competitor
    Well I have had my slash for all of 2 days and I take it outside to play in the mud...next thing you know, high speed power slide into the side of my house. Broken a arm.

RC Qualifier
    How to you like the lcg chassis im debating swapping mine

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon32689 View Post
    How to you like the lcg chassis im debating swapping mine
    It's ok, I had to dremel it in a few places for the aftermarket servo and center driveshaft. Not sure why the servo horn was rubbing, tight tolerances I guess.

I also have a 2wd slash with the standard chassis. The lcg defiantly handles way better, no rolling. The 2wd handles rough terrain better. If your mainly bashing but want performance ,the Traxxas lcg is the ticket. Adding a Outerwear cover keeps most of the dirt out.

That said, the STRC chassis might be in my future if they ever get blue kits back in stock. The 4x4 is destined to be on the track.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by texastoast View Post
    It's ok, I had to dremel it in a few places for the aftermarket servo and center driveshaft. Not sure why the servo horn was rubbing, tight tolerances I guess.

I also have a 2wd slash with the standard chassis. The lcg defiantly handles way better, no rolling. The 2wd handles rough terrain better. If your mainly bashing but want performance ,the Traxxas lcg is the ticket. Adding a Outerwear cover keeps most of the dirt out.

That said, the STRC chassis might be in my future if they ever get blue kits back in stock. The 4x4 is destined to be on the track.
    I got allot of work done to my slash, but its the reg chassis. All i do is bash. Really wanting to convert to that chassis so i don't flip over as much.

RC poster
    A little bashing video from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofmp...e_gdata_player

RC Qualifier
    Great video!! I like the bug body MT!!

RC Racer
    I fried my motor today bashing my slash. Just doing wot 360s and drifting it
    If you look to the right of the motor you'll see whats left of the back bearing.

Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

RC Racer
    I stripped my new 6804r down to dye chassis... Will rebuild with king heads mount,mmm2650 traxxas cvds rpm arms battery expansion savox servo and castle bec
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

RC Competitor
    Drove my slash on snow for the first time today, also first time I`ve driven it for 4 months Ran through 4 battery packs and not a thing broke on it. Also ordered the new LCG chassis for it

RC poster
    What did I do to my Slash today?
    -Watched it sit on the work bench with the front end torn apart while I watched recorded NHRA from Phoenix.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus Maximus View Post
    What did I do to my Slash today?
    -Watched it sit on the work bench with the front end torn apart while I watched recorded NHRA from Phoenix.
    Kinda like my slash, waitng for the bearings for the steering. Then it should be good but then I have to wait for snow to melt.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    Picked up a tundra pro line body , pro line body mounts

Going to try to make it match my Tacoma as Much as possible

RC Competitor
    Cutting the liquid mask for a new Traxxas body. The Texas wind is howling in my shop!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by texastoast View Post
    Cutting the liquid mask for a new Traxxas body. The Texas wind is howling in my shop!

Where do u live at in texas?? Man today was crazy with all this wind.I'm I'm texas also.

RC Competitor
    Hmmmmm where do I start haha.... Ordered a mmp sct 2400 combo ... Rpm a arms all the way around ... Rpm front and rear bumper ..... Outwears shroud ... Intergity dual fan and heat sink for motor..... Dosent seen like alot but haha adds up quick

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandford98 View Post
    Hmmmmm where do I start haha.... Ordered a mmp sct 2400 combo ... Rpm a arms all the way around ... Rpm front and rear bumper ..... Outwears shroud ... Intergity dual fan and heat sink for motor..... Dosent seen like alot but haha adds up quick
    Got that same motor, u shoukd get teknos to u will go threw plastic shafts fast

RC poster
    Ordered up a traxxas lcg chassis should have it Monday or Tuesday.

What do you use to dye the chassis ?

Its not spray paint is it ?

My 1000 dollar slash is all most finished hopefully

I all most bought the lcg rally car today and was just going to swap out all my parts. And then sell what ever Frankenstein vehicle was left over

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by UnGreased Fist View Post
    Ordered up a traxxas lcg chassis should have it Monday or Tuesday.

What do you use to dye the chassis ?

Its not spray paint is it ?

My 1000 dollar slash is all most finished hopefully

I all most bought the lcg rally car today and was just going to swap out all my parts. And then sell what ever Frankenstein vehicle was left over
    Rit Black Dye...youtube abd google help out alot there is TONS of info on it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon32689 View Post
    Where do u live at in texas?? Man today was crazy with all this wind.I'm I'm texas also.
    Fort Worth, you? So glad the weather decided to mello out today!

RC Competitor

Got a lot of work so this might be today and tomorrow. Then next week to the track for setup and logging.

RC poster
    Ok, let me set the scene....My son decided to run our 4x4 into a curb at full speed, breaking the front right a-arm and popping the top off the shock losing the silicone diaphragm and spilling all the shock oil. Being that we're both new to the RC world, I walked my wife through the Traxxas parts list to show her how much it was going to cost to fix the broken parts; it all came to about $15 bucks.

However, while we were in the hobby shop I decided to replace all the a-arms with black RPMs. And since I needed to rebuild the front right shock, I decided to upgrade to Pro-line performance shocks all around. I also went ahead and picked up a couple of Traxxas 7.4v 7600mah batteries.

As you've all figured out, our little trip cost just a tad more than I had originally alluded to in the garage. Needless to say, my wife is less than thrilled with me and I can't wait to head to the track tomorrow with three fresh batteries. :-)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus Maximus View Post
    our little trip cost just a tad more than I had originally alluded to in the garage.
    This happens to me everytime I go to the lhs for replacement parts. Its just way more fun shopping when you can hold the parts in your hand rather than just looking at a picture.

RC poster
    Your going to love those pro line shocks. Night and day compared to stock

I cant Waite for my lcg chassis to show up

RC Qualifier
    Yesterday I got Rpm 4 a arms , mud flaps , bumper rpm and other parts for my rustler
    pics to come

RC poster
    At lunch I finished swapping out the rear A-arms and stock shocks for pro-lines. Then I ran it for the entirety of a 4200 mah lipo. I LOVE IT! These shocks are amazing. The only thing I need to do now is tune the rear so that it doesn't bounce as much. The front end is money, but the back end likes to come up a little on the landing. I took off any and all pre-load to give the springs some more travel room, but they still feel really stiff. I'm running 30w oil in them. I'll have someone a little more experienced than me take a look at them tonight at the track. Tonight will be our first outing at the track together as a family and my first outing with my own car. I think my son is going to love running "his" Slash in training mode. (He's only 6)

Wish us luck and if anyone has any input as far as the shocks go, I'd love to hear it. I'll take my video camera to the track tonight so I can post a video of what I'm seeing with the rear end.

-Rob