Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
    Oooooo I see another SSC chassis!!!! Gett'n mine put together and dial'd in.... how do you like it DriveIt???? And Armyssg play with your gear'n.....my son runs 15/50 with the 3800 and it's pretty quick!!!!
    The SSC 4x4 is a beast on the track..You can hang with sctes & sc10 4x4s with the right electronic & suspension setup... What kind of shocks are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    @Driveitlikeyoustoleit... What transponder are u running, I was looking on Amain and there a few to choose from, don't want to pay $100 dollars for one though. But if I have to then I guess I'll fit the bill..
    I'm using a AMBrc transponder You can also find used transponders on other forums for less than $100. I actually traded 2 ESCs for both of my transponders
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Proline's...red springs front and rear, 40wt front 50wt rear, electronics....castle 5700 with Brushless Hobbies LT4, it's nutty fast with 2s power!!!! I was running the motor/esc setup in my TT Sparrowhawk XXB (4x4 buggy 1/10) @ the local track in
    4x4 sct class, but I got tired of getting pushed around/run over by sct's so I made the move to the SSC Slash!!! Would definetly appreciate any help!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    Proline's...red springs front and rear, 40wt front 50wt rear, electronics....castle 5700 with Brushless Hobbies LT4, it's nutty fast with 2s power!!!! I was running the motor/esc setup in my TT Sparrowhawk XXB (4x4 buggy 1/10) @ the local track in
    4x4 sct class, but I got tired of getting pushed around/run over by sct's so I made the move to the SSC Slash!!! Would definetly appreciate any help!!!!
    Here's a SSC setup sheet for you to use a a starting point for your own setup..You can always adjust it according to your driving style and track conditions; i.g., I no longer use sway bars and my rear top shock position is A while the bottom is at 4, etc.

I've used PL shocks before and they can worked if they are set-up for your track surface. Can you describe your track surface or PM me a recent racing video?
    Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-23-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Drive it.. See that's how I know I won't be a TQ for a while lol.. That looks way to complicated for me lol even though I'm sure its not that difficult to set it up..
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    Under the rear diff wt it just says 'grease' what would that mean? Did he just fill the diff with diff grease? If so why?
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    Drive it.. See that's how I know I won't be a TQ for a while lol.. That looks way to complicated for me lol even though I'm sure its not that difficult to set it up..
    It will make since as you start to adjust your setup & I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Now tire selection is a completely different story

Quote Originally Posted by devildog88 View Post
    Under the rear diff wt it just says 'grease' what would that mean? Did he just fill the diff with diff grease? If so why?
    30k fluid in the front & grease in the rear is how the kit comes from the factory. Most folks change the diff fluids before they race..I'm currently using 15 to 10k in the fr, 60k in the center & 7k in the Rr
    Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-23-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    @devildog88 Yea just the stock grease that comes with the slash.. and I'm assuming the front he went with oil to fine tune turning, and traction down to the front wheels..

RC Qualifier
    Thanks DriveIt!!!! Track surface is loose.....they do wet it down a few times in between races but it's still pretty loose!!!! PL Holeshot and Duratrax Shotgun tires work well. www.rattlesnakerc.com is the track's website, there's a few videos but it's an old layout and track was alot smaller then.

RC Qualifier
    Today I have started attempting the half shaft maintenance recommended by TheJang there still binding a lot, hopefully it's not too late to correct! I might just have to upgrade all around to MIPs no wonder my shocks don't act all that great!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    I bashed mine in the snow and ran it on my backyard course!!

RC Qualifier
    I installed a Pro Line Pro-Trac suspension kit on my LCG chassis, and did the Jang half-shaft reversal. Still waiting on my CVD's though!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    Received my slash platinum today and installed the receiver. Waiting on my split six rims to mount the trenchers on and my RPM bumpers with lights.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    Added a new bumper with Stampede light kit:

Not sure how I feel about the body rubbing the cables, I might either trim, raise, or invent some type of fix:

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ALopezJr View Post
    Added a new bumper with Stampede light kit:
    I got one of these waiting for the front bumper but got my back set-up with the rear rpm lights.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Put her in the market place :-( gotta get after it again later but right now I gotta let her go!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    Put her in the market place :-( gotta get after it again later but right now I gotta let her go!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Man that sucks, seemed like you we're really into it.

On another note I just glued my first pair of tires.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I haven't done it yet, but you can see, I've been shopping!!!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers!
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    I've changed mind.. I was gonna get rid of her because I just found out I'm deploying in a really short time.. So she won't go to Afghanistan with me.. But I'll just work on saving up for upgrades etc for when I do get back

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Champion
    I've changed mind.. I was gonna get rid of her because I just found out I'm deploying in a really short time.. So she won't go to Afghanistan with me.. But I'll just work on saving up for upgrades etc for when I do get back

Sent from my iPhone4
    Ahh, well good luck over sea's and thanks for serving. Also I saw it somehwere idk where but I heard some troops are playing with them while overseas.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I added the slash 2wd reciver box to my STRC LCG to get an antenna mount and turns out it fits perfect on the upper chassis brace and don't stick out like the stock.

RC Racer
    I screwed up my body real bad. I went in reverse real fast and I seem to of ran right under my car. Kinda folded the body forwardie towards the front.

RC Qualifier
    Well one last install before I head to the Stan luckily it's not a 15 month tour again lol. And I'll b back in time to catch a few the middle of the race season! Losi Ten T shocks!! Whoop whoop pics sooner than later

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    Son is racing it today.
    ? 20c lipo that much different from a 25c

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Well one last install before I head to the Stan luckily it's not a 15 month tour again lol. And I'll b back in time to catch a few the middle of the race season! Losi Ten T shocks!! Whoop whoop pics sooner than later

Sent from my iPhone4
    Great minds think a like..I just bought a spare set of rears instead of buying a rebuild kit & plastic ball set. They prob feel a little stiff even when you change shock oil. You'll need to replace the pistons to get them dialed in..I use the 1.7mm piston from theTeam-Associated-12mm Shock-Piston-Set
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Champion
    I ran my slash fir the first time today. It was in fresh snow two! Got her all dried out now.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Enthusiast
    Man my kid was letting off the throttle big time and the car was still rolling. Going to switch out to the black sway bars. Just put tethers on the body. Tired of losing pins lol.
    They are great. Just want to find them in a color other than black.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    I ran my slash fir the first time today. It was in fresh snow two! Got her all dried out now.
    Oil up rusty spots! You also might want to look into drilling holes in your tires soon!(Lets the water out)
    We just got some snow too. Only about two inches though.

Still oiling rusty spots after 2 days!

RC Qualifier
    double post!

RC Qualifier
    Practiced back flips!

RC Qualifier

heres my slash 4x4...... complete rebuild..... i now have aluminum side bumpers put on and a aluminum rock guard for the steering servo underneath.....
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier

heres another of the battery tray i made

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hi def man View Post

heres another of the battery tray i made
    Clean car man

RC Qualifier
    Best wishes to you ArmySSG, hurry home!!! Give us a shout when your back!!!!! ALopez, those lights look awesome!!!! Hi Def....that's the COOLEST chassis I've EVER seen!!!!!

Went to the track today, SPC packs are tha BOMB!!!!! Got in some good practice before next weeks race, gotta beat my son!!!! LOL

DriveIt, is your battery center'd in the SSC??? Had mine a lil forward and it seem'd to be a lil nose heavy.......

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by briandee View Post
    Oil up rusty spots! You also might want to look into drilling holes in your tires soon!(Lets the water out)
    We just got some snow too. Only about two inches though.

Still oiling rusty spots after 2 days!

Haha Mine looked like that but you couldn't even see the battery wire. I also haven't painted my body yet so it looks white when i go out.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Hi def, are those anaconda tires? Really like your ride, how did you do the skulls on he chassis?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    Hi def, are those anaconda tires? Really like your ride, how did you do the skulls on he chassis?
    yes those are anaconda tires.... i had the chassis hydro dipped....

RC Qualifier
    Best wishes to you ArmySSG, hurry home!!!
    DriveIt, is your battery center'd in the SSC??? Had mine a lil forward and it seem'd to be a lil nose heavy.......
    I had the same issue with nose diving with my battery moved forward..I had to move in back to fix it

2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    I have a slash ultimate LCG and today I put in a Tekin RX8 esc and a T8 2250KV motor, bought a tekno big bone center drive shaft, new 17mm hex hubs, stainless steel screw kit and some 4s lipos...!!!! It is pretty fast with that Tekin on 18/54 gears with a 3s, can't wait to get the 4s lipos in...!!!! Also gonna take out the Robinson Racing slipper and put the center diff in with the 50T spur and a 22T pinion gear... should be a rocket on 4S....!!! I like overkill... lol

RC Qualifier
    DriveIt....how do you like the SSC rear a-arms???

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    I had the same issue with nose diving with my battery moved forward..I had to move in back to fix it

Very nice custom made mudguards! Chapeau!