Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    How do I post pics?? Sorry but new to this

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    How do I post pics?? Sorry but new to this
    Upload photos to photobucket and post the links.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    So as expected.. Tore down the rear diff to clean and service with 50k wt... Now I'm having an issue, the case that everything fits in.. Not the gear case but the whole housing... It's like the bearings on both side aren't sitting in the cup like it's supposed to.. Do i need to tighten down that gear case box and spur or what? Because getting that thing back on the chassis has been a pain lol.. I'm going to tear down again and try again, but I'm assuming I shouldn't have to fight it to get it back together... ANyway.. PICS or it didn't happen right lol!

Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Racer
    Is photo bucket an app I need to down load?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    Is photo bucket an app I need to down load?
    photobucket.com
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    So as expected.. Tore down the rear diff to clean and service with 50k wt... Now I'm having an issue, the case that everything fits in.. Not the gear case but the whole housing... It's like the bearings on both side aren't sitting in the cup like it's supposed to.. Do i need to tighten down that gear case box and spur or what? Because getting that thing back on the chassis has been a pain lol.. I'm going to tear down again and try again, but I'm assuming I shouldn't have to fight it to get it back together... ANyway.. PICS or it didn't happen right lol!

From your pic, the gears are not seating correctly in the diff housing.
    Make sure the bottom gear is pushed all the way down.
    Then the cross gears and steel rod is positioned correctly and pushed into the groves on the diff housing.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Bridic I got em pushed all the way down now basically the bigger problem aside from gear mesh was I needed to take the whole diff piece of snap it together and then screw back on to the shock mount as one unit.. But now I'm good on that, next what weight do u run in your set up front center rear.. I only have 50wt would it be bad to put that in the front too?

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    I had issues changing my diff fluids the first time I did it as well. I was using the stock chassis so I had step by step instructions. I’m use AE diff fluids..10k in front / 60 wt Center / 7 rear..You gottta just experiment with different weights until you find one that dials into the track and fits your driving style..Here’s some technical info from another forum

EFFECTS OF DIFFERENTIAL OIL REPLACEMENT
    DIFF OIL THICKNESS CHARACTERISTICS

Front
    Thinner
    • Increases steering into corners (off-power)
    • If oil is too thin the steering may become inconsistent,
    especially it can lose forward traction (and steering) during acceleration out of corners

Thicker
    • Increases stability into corners during braking
    • Increases steering on-power at corner exit

Center
    Thinner
    • Front wheels unload more during acceleration
    • Decreases on-power steering (reduces oversteer)
    • Easier to drive on rough tracks
    • If a high-power engine is used you could waste too much power and sometime “cook” the oil in the center differential because it “overloads”
    • More off-power steering

Thicker
    • More all-wheel drive effect
    • Better acceleration
    • Increases on-power steering (reduces understeer)
    • Better suited on high-bite, smooth tracks
    • Car can be more nervous to drive especially if a high power engine is used - you might need to be smooth on the throttle

Rear
    Thinner
    • Increases cornering traction
    • Increases steering into corner

Thicker
    • Decreases rear traction while cornering
    • Reduces wheelspin
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Still working on the posting of photos but, did instal RPM arms up front and changed to losi springs on the big bores.

RC Qualifier
    Yikes so basically I just wasted all of my energy on a crappy weight for the rear! Lol oh well live n learn, I think I'll copy your setup since u race more than me lol!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallguy905 View Post
    Shoe goo and mesh type dry wall tape
    Thanks. Went a little heavy in the rear with it though.
    Question for anyone? The part that the spring sits on. What is that called? I lost one so I had to get rpm ones and it actually sits lower on the shock then the traxxas ones. Does it make a huge difference? I can post a pic.

Also, I understand that you want to use a center diff for racing but for bashing leave it with the slipper in. I don't feel like changing it out every weekend when my kid will race.
    He has the flu so I am sneaking out and racing this weekend with even the stock wheels

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Yeesh I remember the first time I took my MERV apart.. Took me at least a day to get it all back together again.. Good luck and while your at it get some rit dye and black that chassis out!
    whats rit dye and where can i get it cause im all about blacking my chassis out

RC Qualifier
    Walmart! Next to the Bleach.. Get the powder or liquid, one of those aluminum trays that you'd throw on the grill or store meat.. Boil some water pour it in the aluminum tray.. Mix powder into boiling water.. Drop pieces in pull em out the next day or later.. It's what I did.. Others may have better advice!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    cool thank you i will definatly have to try that

RC Qualifier
    So castle says 10-14t and a 54t spur I'm running an 18 with my 2400/MMP setup.. I want to get more top end, is it simply tuning with the esc or change in pinions?

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    I'm getting ready for the GHR Truck Race at Green Cove Springs, FL..

I just finished changing the shock oil in two sets of LOSI ten T shocks; I also changed the pistons in one set. I thought about cleaning my wheel bearings but I'm just gonna replace them..

Now I'm changing the front, rear and center diff fluids as well as changing the diff cases, traxxas part #5381 and #6884 and spur gear, TRX #6843R

I might glue some tires if it doesn't get too late...

Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-18-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like u got a busy night ahead of u man.. That was me last night changing out all the diff oils.. Hopefully I can figure out this pinion and spur thing before tomorrow lol!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Pre season race gettin my times down pulled 6th n the Amain whoop whoop! Installe the 14t and a new RPM front bumper!! I brought the GoPro today vid to come soon!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    Ran it with some panther tires. Moved front shock positions. Uppers moved in and lowers moved out

RC Champion
    I ordered my slash 4x4 early this morning!
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Just ordered a Traxxas ESU fan and Integy Motor Heat-Sink with Fan. Hope this helps with running the 3s and keeping it cool.

RC Racer
    Pre season race gettin my times down pulled 6th n the Amain whoop whoop! Installe the 14t and a new RPM front bumper!! I brought the GoPro today vid to come soon!

Sent from my iPhone4
    let me know how the go pro works out, i think im getting one for my bday in a few weeks. ill mostly use it on my slash, i think with my strc lcg chassis i have a great place to suction mount it on the upper brace assuming the suction cup is small enough. im curious as to how rattle'y the picture looks when running offroad. i think most of the youtube vids out there are just guys with cellphones zip tied to the car.

RC Enthusiast
    They actually make small cameras that are the size of a key chain. I use one on a slot car and it's cool but is so blurry on turns.

RC Qualifier
    @superdrew believe it or not some servo tape or the tape that the GoPro mounts come with are insane hardly no vibration, I didn't race with the GoPro mounted but used it to record a little.. Once I get back from church I'm going to start the Big edit.. I love the GoPro, I have the 1st Gen and plan on upgrading to the newest model after taxes lol

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Enthusiast
    AFTER CHURCH. Lol edit while in the pew

RC Racer
    I didn´t liked the Carbonfibre-battery-strap of my STRC chassis because it was to unflexible and bulky. To get rid of the battery strap I made one of a backpack strap and coated it with a heat shrink tube. Very simple to build and easy to use... I also made a mount for the BEC out of foam rubber and placed it at the lower deck.

Last edited by Beholder_74; 01-20-2013 at 09:45 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Just realized why the 2400 sucks on 2s.. It's only supposed to be ran on 3s-4s :-( so I guess unless I can slide by there won't be any racing for me in the 4WD class until I can get a 3800 lol

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Well what do u know today I got a 3800 hopefully it's just as good as the 2400

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Racer
    Funny you say that as I just got all my wire shortened and cleaned up.
    I freaking love my 3800 (Castle 1410) with the MMP.
    I just need to get a 15 tooth pinion.

RC Qualifier
    I'm running the 14T right now , what major difference will the 15 give you? My only downside it's so small I comparison to the 2400 lol :-(

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Almost took out a kid in this race.. This was last weekends pre season race at Phil Hurd Raceway in Savannah, Ga... 8th scale buggies, and then the 4x4 Short Course Rocket Round.. Let me know what you think!

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=ArmySSG;5396505]Almost took out a kid in this race.. This was last weekends pre season race at Phil Hurd Raceway in Savannah, Ga... 8th scale buggies, and then the 4x4 Short Course Rocket Round.. Let me know what you think!

Nice vid - horrible music!... Maaaaaan ... you live in the land of rock´n roll!!!

RC Qualifier
    Lol it's Dubstep next video ill use something more classical lol!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Oooooo I see another SSC chassis!!!! Gett'n mine put together and dial'd in.... how do you like it DriveIt???? And Armyssg play with your gear'n.....my son runs 15/50 with the 3800 and it's pretty quick!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    @Beholder what BEC are you running with your Savox?
    @Driveitlikeyoustoleit... What transponder are u running, I was looking on Amain and there a few to choose from, don't want to pay $100 dollars for one though. But if I have to then I guess I'll fit the bill..
    @Mr.Bill long time no see! Yea, I'm running the 14/54 combo right now I'ma test it on the road today when I get home and see how it works.. But after just running it stationary (no traction on wheels) it seemed to really pick up in comparison to the 2400 on 2s but than again the 2400 is only supposed to be ran on 3-4s anyway lol.. Then with the 3s pack in the 3800 it was balloon central with my tires.. So I'm excited overall with the swap.. I'm sure if I wasn't racing on a short course and had some 4s laying around the 2400 would have done me justice.

RC poster
    Replaced front a-arms with RPM. It's not much, but it is the first wrenchin' I've done on RC and you have to start somewhere. Don't expect to get much of any seat time over the next week as it is looking like 20's and teens for the next week here. Friday snow, perhaps?
    Last edited by TeamBennett; 01-22-2013 at 03:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That's a the going rate for a transponder....you can order directly @ Mylaps and they're a lil cheaper, but they ship out of the UK soooo don't be in tooo big of a hurry!!!!! Nice video by the way, that kid is pretty quick on his feet!!!!! LOL
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Racer
    I run the Spektrum BEC.

RC Enthusiast
    @Driveitlikeyoustoleit... What transponder are u running, I was looking on Amain and there a few to choose from, don't want to pay $100 dollars for one though. But if I have to then I guess I'll fit the bill..
    @Mr.Bill long time no see! Yea, I'm running the 14/54 combo right now I'ma test it on the road today when I get home and see how it works.. But after just running it stationary (no traction on wheels) it seemed to really pick up in comparison to the 2400 on 2s but than again the 2400 is only supposed to be ran on 3-4s anyway lol.. Then with the 3s pack in the 3800 it was balloon central with my tires.. So I'm excited overall with the swap.. I'm sure if I wasn't racing on a short course and had some 4s laying around the 2400 would have done me justice.
    Got mine from a place in CA selling them on EBAY. Didn't get mylaps. got the PTX?. Love it. Smaller, can choose which color you want it to blink and you can replace the wires if they break.

RC Enthusiast
    Same here regarding the wrenching....My LHS has a carpet indoor track to have fun during the winter.