RC poster

Help with Rock n Roll

Bought a spartan and have installed 2 lipo's 11v 5200mah
    at three quarters to full throttle the boat rolls side to side to the point where u have to slow the boat down below half and wait for it to correct itself.

Still have the orignal trim tabs on the boat.
    Have also tried moving the batteries from the front towards the back a strap at a time
    Need help......Please.......

RC Racer
    It's called chime walking. I don't own a spartan yet but on my super vee 27 I normally put the trim tabs down some more to put the nose in the water. That hull might have a hook in it making it prone to chime walking. Does the boat try to roll if you go faster?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    yep.. we all get it with stock setup and lipos time to upgrade and tune.

RC Qualifier
    its called chine walking not chime and to stop it you need to add a second set of trim tabs to the rear and move the batteries to the front a little
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMBA2200 View Post
    its called chine walking not chime and to stop it you need to add a second set of trim tabs to the rear and move the batteries to the front a little
    Yep I'm sorry. Auto correct made it chime not chine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Auto correct made it chime not chine.

RC poster
    thanks guys, it gets worse the faster u go, do i put longer trim tabs on it or a second set...?
    also bend them/ adjust them down so they are under the hull as they are sitting level with the hull at the moment...?

Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    I have two sets on both my boats along with the traxxas trim tab adjusters. With the adjusters you do not have to bend the tabs manually and the adjusters make small adjustments much easier.Plus they look really good.

RC Qualifier
    add another set and play with adjustments and battery location here is an example

RC Qualifier
    nice looking tail end mamba!

RC poster
    I have also had the same prob, i added the extra tabs and adjusters but still have the same effect. Should I adj the tabs all the way down? I am even running venom 3s 6400 lipo in the front strap which should weight it down. I'm also have prob with water getting in the boat through the prop shaft?

RC Racer
    The tabs should be adjusted 1mm below the hull to start with then adjust has needed from there.

RC poster
    Thanks for your help

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by THENAPE View Post
    I have also had the same prob, i added the extra tabs and adjusters but still have the same effect. Should I adj the tabs all the way down? I am even running venom 3s 6400 lipo in the front strap which should weight it down. I'm also have prob with water getting in the boat through the prop shaft?
    You need a splash guard to prevent water coming in the hull, you need to drill 4 holes above the rudder. Easy and cheap upgrade.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi All,

I've had my boat for 2 weeks. Already upgraded to Gen Ace 40c 11.1v 5000mah and have the same problem with Chine. At 3/4 throttle the boat starts shaking. Admittedly I haven't checked or changed the stock settings. I do have the heavy LiPo's in the most forward position, but doesn't make a difference.
    Geezs these Lipo's have some grunt!

I'll repost after some tampering.

RC Qualifier
    Chine walking is the common cause of the boat at high speeds, you need another set of trim tabs, which you have to install at the lower side of the stock trim tabs.
    Like this.

RC Enthusiast
    you know, I had bad chiming with the prop strut at 1-1.5 mm down. put it level to hull and bam it stopped. batteries at mid point, trim tabs straight.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwipf View Post
    you know, I had bad chiming with the prop strut at 1-1.5 mm down. put it level to hull and bam it stopped. batteries at mid point, trim tabs straight.
    Did you add another trim tab already?