RC Champion

Interesting SCT body..........

Could make for an interesting Rally body too.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-body-PAR1238

Not like there isn't some precedence in using a '55 Chevy as an off road racer if some of you are wondering why......
    Aw, Biscuits!

Interesting look for a SC truck but i would rock that shell in a heartbeat on my Rally once i get it.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    holy balls that body looks sick!!!
    Does anyone know the dimension?
    The link only lists the size as 1/10th.

The only thing i dont like is the front end looks very snubbed back. may not fit over the Rally bumper.
    Other than that, wow. Love it.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    it took a while to find them but here are the specs:
    BODY:
    Length: 17.50" (445mm)
    Width at front wheels: 7" (178mm)
    Width at rear wheels: 7.1" (181mm)
    Height: 5.25" (133mm)
    source:http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/par1238.htm

Looks like it wouldn't fit without some serious mods. Still, if someone could make it work I'd love to see how it comes out. I'm not brave enough to risk the $$ on my skills with curved scissors.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Floods View Post
    holy balls that body looks sick!!!
    Does anyone know the dimension?
    The link only lists the size as 1/10th.
    We got one at the HTU I work for yesterday (which is how I learned it exists), the proportions are very odd when compaired to that 1/1 scale Class 6 '55 Chevy Sedan I also posted. From the B-Pillar forward it does look about right, the doors look a tad short and the front overhang looks fairly close. From that B-Pillar back though, it looks like they shortened it by about a scale foot and a half through the quarters and the related portions of the roof. It also looks unusually wide too, I think they widened the body at least a few scale inches to match the width of the chassis they're meant to go on, and the sectioning that has taken place in the back half of the car.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    We got one at the HTU I work for yesterday (which is how I learned it exists), the proportions are very odd when compaired to that 1/1 scale Class 6 '55 Chevy Sedan I also posted. From the B-Pillar forward it does look about right, the doors look a tad short and the front overhang looks fairly close. From that B-Pillar back though, it looks like they shortened it by about a scale foot and a half through the quarters and the related portions of the roof. It also looks unusually wide too, I think they widened the body at least a few scale inches to match the width of the chassis they're meant to go on, and the sectioning that has taken place in the back half of the car.
    Could you post a pic of it next to a rally chassis? I love the look of this (despite the shortening of the midsection) and would love to know what it would take for it to work.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Im in love...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Floods View Post
    Could you post a pic of it next to a rally chassis? I love the look of this (despite the shortening of the midsection) and would love to know what it would take for it to work.
    Unfortunately, the only rally I could place it with is my 1/16 scale, I don't have nor can afford to buy one of the 1/10 cars......otherwise, I'd have both already
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    Unfortunately, the only rally I could place it with is my 1/16 scale, I don't have nor can afford to buy one of the 1/10 cars......otherwise, I'd have both already
    I was kinda hoping you'd have one at the shop, but no biggie. I'm just desperate to replace that gawd-awful stock shell that the rally comes with.

RC Champion
    Sadly, as of 4pm Tuesday, we have yet to sell one. Hopefully I will get there tomorrow and at least one will be gone though!
    Aw, Biscuits!