RC Racer

drive shaft end keeps popping off

ok when i was at the track a couple of days ago i broke a half shaft on the inner side on the passenger side. i replaced with a new one and after that it popped off 3 times in 2 hours. its not breaking which confuses me. that was on an indoor clay track with stock tires. now i have a set of proline sniper tires to race on and with higher traction i might be popping it off more now. im running 2s lipo on 19/83 gearing. i have a zip tie on it thinking it might help and remove it before installing it. why does it keep popping off and not breaking.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds to me that maybe the ears on the shaft were flexed too much on installation. Maybe try a set of new 4x4 shafts to add a little strength. You know that little silver tool with a slot in it that came with your kit? It really makes installing driveshafts easy.

RC Racer
    i think i lost it. besides i have close to 10 of those little silver tools from many rc manufactuars. you remember what the part number was for it?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-14-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    ok i also forgot to add i have hardened steel outdrives on my slash so somehow i am over stressing the drive shafts putting them on the outdrives. thats where it is failing

RC poster
    Get some kind of different axle 4x4 hd is 6852x. The stock ones are garbage. Go to ebay.com type in slash tool kit or any other traxxas electric model for the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdodge View Post
    Get some kind of different axle 4x4 hd is 6852x. The stock ones are garbage. Go to ebay.com type in slash tool kit or any other traxxas electric model for the tool.
    This is about my favorite upgrade: cheap and really does work.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...