RC Racer

summit tires chains!!

So the snow is here and I needed to dig in. Solution. Tires chains!! Check them out!!

Nice! Looks like you choose the best Summit color, green! (Or you picked the Kawasaki one) I'm guessing your going to do all 4 tires?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Thanks! yeah I got green cause thats what was at the LHS at the time but if i had a choice it would have been green anyway lol and yeah gonna post pics when im done

FYI cost 14$ with tax for material and just a few hours (had to go back for more chain lol) took 24-25 ft of chain

FYI cost 14$ with tax for material and just a few hours (had to go back for more chain lol) took 24-25 ft of chain
    Allright, thanks! That was going to be next question!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    finished!

RC Qualifier
    Hey. How long is the length and width. Or what size is the links and home many links? I'm looking into making some of my own.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    Hey. How long is the length and width. Or what size is the links and home many links? I'm looking into making some of my own.
    the chain i used was like a twisted 8 and about 3/4 inch long, i did it 17 long, 7 wide, and put my first rung on the second hole of the first chain link and went 2.5 links, 1.5 links, 2.5, 1.5, 2.5, 1.5, 2.5

in the pic what i did is in yellow, what should work depending on the chain (different sizes) i put approximates in red
    Hope this helps

also this is pretty much how i did mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIjEf7qNWdI
    Last edited by DrakeBahamut; 11-13-2012 at 10:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey thanks. I appreciate it. I cant wait for snow here in middle western Washington.

RC Champion
    Wow, awesome work! IT looks like the lengths were custom made for the Summit, great job, and so happy to share the numbers, keep it up!!

Looks like a regular jack chain. what size is chain is that. I may have to try this myself
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Yes it is jack chain, just checked as for the size, I had bought 20ft of it then realized I needed more but got the wrong size. Is was only slightly bigger than the first chain,i had to compensate for it but the size that was to big was size 12 Zink, I dont know much about chain size but the one size smaller worked better. I would think it would be a size 11 Zink, that is if they size the chain by one # at a time. Don't know for sure without going back. When I do I will verify. Hope that helps

i think they go the other way on sizing. my supplier here at work does anyways. the #10 is way bigger. by their size chart anyways. for the price though i may pick up a box of #12 and #14 and see which works better

I like the fact you added in the "tensioner" piece on the side.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)