RC poster

my 3.3 eats through first gear

i just replaced my first gear on the transmision and it ran for 10 seconds then ate the gear. now im not moving and im kindalanguage filter was triggered, anytime you've entered something into a post and it is not an approved word it is replaced with asterisks, you have 45 minutes to edit your post or you may be issued points for triggering the language filter

really stumped here what do i do?
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 11-14-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: language filter triggered
    (jato man with a jato plan)
    MCL NINJAS

RC Competitor
    Most probably the issue that caused your first gear to get eaten the first time was not solved simply by replacing the gear, so the next one got eaten right away. I would take apart the gearbox completely and look for any abnormality Lost tooth, stuck clutch etc.

RC Racer
    I personally think that the 3.3 has too much torque for the plastic gears, just replace them with steel.

RC Qualifier
    Did you change the tooth count of the gear? If you did, it's possible the gear mesh has changed which can result in stripped gears. Torque is not a problem - I'd look at how the gears are meshing and the condition of the transmission bearings. You'll get it though - don't worry.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    Did you change the tooth count of the gear? If you did, it's possible the gear mesh has changed which can result in stripped gears. Torque is not a problem - I'd look at how the gears are meshing and the condition of the transmission bearings. You'll get it though - don't worry.
    no disrespect but he is talking about his first gear gearing inside the engine. Not too, many options inside for size change, the stripping and meshing issue is usually related to the spur and clutch bell exterior of the transmission