RC Competitor

Question GT Power Smart LEDs compatible with Pede 4x4?

Hey all,

Anyone try installing the GT Power Smart LEDs in a Stampede yet? I'm wondering how it might (or might not) be compatible with the waterproof receiver...

My question centers around the Smart LED control box plugging into the receiver slots for the steering servo and ESC, to control the brake lights and blinkers... The problem I see is that you'd have to open and "replug" the receiver slots anytime you want to change covers on your Pede... For someone who only wants one cover almost all the time, this probably isn't an issue. But I just don't know if it'd be wise to be opening and closing the receiver box everytime you wanted to change covers? The watertight nature of the receive could be compromised with too much opening/closing?

I LOVE the concept of working brake lights and turn signals, but with the Traxxas setup, it just might not be convenient unless you primarily stay with the same body cover all the time?

Anyone using this setup have any thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    I'm running the Traxxas light bar. It has a harness that you plug into the receiver, and then there's a plug on the outside that plugs into the light bar harness. I have that secured to the front of the chassis, since my light bar is mounted to the bumper. You could just buy a harness to plug into the receiver box with the plug on the other end hanging outside it, and have the mating plug on your lid. That way, you'll only be opening the receiver box one time to install the harness.
    Bear in mind, as the battery gets low, the motor will rob the BEC and your lights will dim or brown out under hard acceleration.
    I think a glitch buster might get rid of that, but it doesn't bother me.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    ^^^ Yeah, any way to make an extension so you could plug/unplug the lights without opening the rx box every time?

Also working signals and brake lights would be really great.

EDIT: good price of 27$ at tower for the setup. I need 1
    Last edited by rag6; 11-13-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    i run a controller from rc-lights that control the lights/breaks/turn signals. The turn signals are actually annoying because who drives in a straight line while bashing?

If i dont want to run my lights, i simply unplug them from the receiver, but without opening the receiver. Instead of plugging the lights directly into the receiver, plug them into an extension and the extension into the receiver. This way you can simply not plug the lights in when you dont want them and never have to open the receiver again. I can show pics if you want (am at work)

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Would be cool to set the signals on a separate switch to a 3rd channel to disable them while bashing, then close the circuit to show off when you get to an intersection.... HMMM
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Try a couple of these.

I use 2 with my ERBE for the same purpose.
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4