RC poster

TQi base to i5 using 30 pin dongle ?

Hi all,

New member - recently purchased grave digger 30th edition with tqi handset, although I'm using i5 now.

Does anyone know if I can use a 30 pin to lightening converter. Will it work? Apple says the converter does
    not work with all previous connectable devices.

Thought I'd ask here before buying more stuff.

Thanks chaps.

Roo

RC Qualifier
    This is all you'll need. Worked for mehttp://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC poster
    Hello, Guys!

I bought an adaptor yesterday and tried to use with the TQI Base. Nothing done!
    The app "Traxxas Link" doesn't worked with. I receive the message: "Transmitter must be ON and connected to device (green TX icon in status bar).
    To test my adaptor, I updated my iOS from iTunes using the adaptor. The adaptor is Ok!
    If some of you know how to do, please tell me.

Thanks,

Cappone

RC poster
    I am at the same position.

RC Champion
    Did you last two posters use GENUINE apple adapters? The other ones tend to not work apparently.
    Land of the free?

RC poster
    HI,

IT DOES WORK,

THE ONLY THING IS THAT YOU CANT DO THE FIRMWARE UPGRADES FROM AN iPHONE 5. IT KEEP SAYING "Transmitter must be ON and connected to device (green TX icon in status bar)".

SO I USED MY WIFES IPHONE 4S, DO THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE, AND USE THE IPHONE 5. IT WORK PERFECTLY.

HOPE THIS HELP.

RC poster
    hi,

ME again,

THE DOCKING DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE. I DONT KNOW THE REASON WHY. wOR FOR A WHILE, BUT IN THE MOMENT I USED LIPOS, NEVER WORK AGAIN.

RC Champion
    Same thing that happened to me. Honestly, just buy a $40 ipod to use with the docking base IMO.
    Land of the free?

RC Racer
    I just got My New Iphone 5 with the lightning to 30 pin adapter and it works, I even updated the transmitter firmware.
    I have a second not Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter and it doesn't work.
    My adapter tha works - I order from apple when I bought my Iphone 5.
    ps: had to turn the tx on an off a second time.

RC Enthusiast
    Is there a iphone 5 version out yet, guys?

RC poster
    Hello! So I just wanted to put down my experience. I had the iPhone 5 for awhile and I tested both of the Apple brand 30-pin adapters the one that's like a block and the one that's got a 6" cord. I found that the block adapter did not work, I could not get my i5 to connect the Tx and Rx for anything!! On the other hand the adapter with the 6" cord worked perfectly, why that is I have not a clue! I haven't tested the TQi with my i5S yet! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wont work because of the 64bit processor! I've been waiting for it to warm up to test it. So today is that day, it's 40f out there right now so that is warm! lol I'll let you know what I come up with!
    P.S. I cant remember if I've ever tried iOS 7 yet! I guess I'll test that too!

RC Racer
    My I5 works great with the Apple brand block adapter with IOS 7. and the block only works when the front faces up(has the icon on it).

RC poster
    Hi all

Just got a revo 3.3 5309 and I cant get the link app to show any data. All the settings work and it communicates fine with the iphone there is just no telemetry data. Am i missing something stupid?Using iphone5 with apple 30 pin
    Last edited by Dysan669; 03-02-2014 at 11:06 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysan669 View Post
    Hi all

Just got a revo 3.3 5309 and I cant get the link app to show any data. All the settings work and it communicates fine with the iphone there is just no telemetry data. Am i missing something stupid?Using iphone5 with apple 30 pin
    Are the green Icons on the Iphone showing up?
    On the top corners it say TX & RX - they both need to be green.

Do you have all the sensors installed? - I guess that's first ?
    Please take a pic of iphone when all is connected.

RC poster
    So as an update, I have fully tested my new iPhone 5s out on my TQi! So far I have not had any problems, I'm using the Apple brand 30 pin adapter w/ the 6" cord, I'm also fully updated with the current software even tho it worked totally fine when I had my i5s jailbroken running 7.0.6. I'm running full telemetry too!
    Sometimes I've noticed you have to power the Rx a second before the Tx on my i5 which I know some people don't like to do but I haven't sense my i5s.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCFan001 View Post
    So as an update, I have fully tested my new iPhone 5s out on my TQi! So far I have not had any problems, I'm using the Apple brand 30 pin adapter w/ the 6" cord, I'm also fully updated with the current software even tho it worked totally fine when I had my i5s jailbroken running 7.0.6. I'm running full telemetry too!
    Sometimes I've noticed you have to power the Rx a second before the Tx on my i5 which I know some people don't like to do but I haven't sense my i5s.
    Good to here other peps can use the Iphone 5,

The only problem I had was when it wants to update, it wont connect to the RX.

RC poster
    That's when you power the Rx first! Then power the Tx and it should update! You can also try powering both and establishing a solid connection before connecting your iPhone. I've never tried that but it's just a thought I had!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCFan001 View Post
    That's when you power the Rx first! Then power the Tx and it should update! You can also try powering both and establishing a solid connection before connecting your iPhone. I've never tried that but it's just a thought I had!
    Update first then it connects & want to update the rx