Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Looks good now dye that chassis!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Thanks! I thought about it, it's a PITA to take it all apart, besides, I already have a dyed one. I'm putting a CC MMP 2400 combo in that one too!

What gearing & battery are you running in yours? I'm currently running 14/54 with a 4100mAh 40C 3S batt. I'm going to try 15 & 16T pinions.

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC poster
    I'm kind of a noob to all this but would you happen to have a complete parts list for the very first post?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 15hrc View Post
    I'm kind of a noob to all this but would you happen to have a complete parts list for the very first post?
    Hello, Are you talking about the parts list to convert to an LCG chassis from a Slash 4X4? I did it the easy way, I bought a Rally roller & changed the Front & Rear bumpers, & body mounts. They are a direct replacement. I also went with the Platinum upgrades, & RPM A-arms. I hope this helps.

AB

RC Qualifier
    I ran a couple of those SPC 3S packs through my LCG Slash yesterday on asphalt/concrete with Pro Line Street Fighters, lots of hard acceleration, braking, cornering, & turns. With that MMP 2400 setup, that thing is a beast! I got about 18-20 min run time with the 4100 packs, motor temp only reached 133 deg, running 14/54 gearing. I was very impressed with the acceleration from a dead stop! I can't wait to try it out at my local track! I want to thank all of you on the Forums with for the info & tips I got here!

AB

RC Qualifier
    Are the REVO shocks really that long? what is the total length of the GTR Shocks Blue Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Are the REVO shocks really that long? what is the total length of the GTR Shocks Blue Revo
    Those are the 5460A shock bodies, but I rebuilt them with the LCG Slash 4X4 GTR Shock shafts and pistons. The fronts as measured on the truck are 98mm, and the rears are 110 mm. Unfortunately, the 5460A bodies are shorter in the rear by about 1/4'', so I lose some downward wheel travel, but the longer rear shaft gives me the proper ride height. The fronts are the same. They sure work nice! I have 50wt in front, & 40 wt in back.

AB

RC Qualifier
    Hello all! Back from Vegas. There's been some discussion over in the Rally thread about a chassis brace for the LCG Chassis, after a couple of guys broke theirs behind the front bulkhead. I've been noticing some flex in mine after some light bashing/jumping when I saw the driveshaft being scraped up.

At the local NHRA Drags last November, I was at the Traxxas demo talking to one of their drivers about the "NEW" LCG chassis, and he acknowledged that there was some "flex" in it. He told me they were looking at strengthening them with E-Revo toe links connected end to end, and attached to the chassis front and back. I never thought about it until last week when the subject came up. Then it hit me! So I ordered the parts, took a couple of trips to the hardware store, and now have one mounted up. Pics below:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Good luck!
    AB

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    not bad...not bad at all. what material did you use to connect them together in the middle?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    It's a long ball end link with the ball end cut off. It's not what I wanted, but couldn't locate an aluminum bolt connector in that size...yet. My local bolt supply has the specs, and is searching for it for me. It is hard plastic, and allows the two end links to butt together, making the connection stiff, with no bending. I can lift/compress the chassis with the rod, with no flex.

AB
    Last edited by aburg2; 01-23-2013 at 12:46 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    mine is made of 6061 aluminum solid tube from Home Depot. i like it where i have it mounted, it also act as a protector for my batt plugs from banging against the chassis or get caught in the center shaft.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    I got a load of Pro Line parts in yesterday. I spent the evening taping & mounting tires. Today I glued a set of taped tires, and installed my Pro-Trac suspension kit on to one of my LCG chassis. I'm hoping to pick my CVD's up tomorrow! And another CC MMP 2400 combo...I REALLY like that motor!

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to some track time!!!

AB

RC Qualifier
    I got the final connector made today, & installed it. Also picked up a few parts. Going to install the 3800 combo and the CVD's on the black chassis. I may swap the Pro Trac kit over to it too.

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Now I'm looking for pinions for the 5mm shaft. I guess I didn't read all the way through the specs. Didn't plan on having to buy a different size, but I hear the 3800 is the way to go for 2S running.

AB

RC Qualifier
    yes it is said that the 3800 is more for racing, and it preforms better with 2s. when you get into 3s and stuff it likes to get hot and ruin the motor. and the 5mm pinions should be at your local hobby shop. if not check out robinson racing. they have alot to choose from
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprovEverywherE View Post
    yes it is said that the 3800 is more for racing, and it preforms better with 2s. when you get into 3s and stuff it likes to get hot and ruin the motor. and the 5mm pinions should be at your local hobby shop. if not check out robinson racing. they have alot to choose from
    Cool, Thanks!

AB

RC Enthusiast
    Hey i was just wondering the procedure you used to dye your chassis because out of all the ones ive seen on this forum by far yours look the best and im very new to this hobby and i was wondering if the big bore shocks you are using are the same ones that come with the slash 4x4 ultimate? and i was also curios to what tires you are using and on what type of surface. thanks for the help and like i said im very new to this hobby and any other tips would be much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    Before...

[IMG][/IMG]

After.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Parts going on next...

AB

RC Qualifier
    Hello, Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for the comments! Actually, I got my advice from DiggerPede, It is the first one I've done. I used liquid Rit dye, and followed the instructions on the bottle. BE CAREFUL, that stuff stains EVERYTHING. It will RUIN a pot, so use something that you don't mind throwing away. I used a disposable aluminum pan.

The shocks are the new GTR's that come on the Ultimate LCG chassis, I just changed the bodies to the blue anodized ones, the rears are SHORTER than stock, but I used the longer shaft.

The tires are Pro Line Suburbs 2.0 MC for clay surfaces. That's what I run on my local track, which is indoor.

Good luck!
    AB

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks for the help!

RC Qualifier
    I've been doing some work on both of my LCG chassis. I got the CC 3800 combo installed in my grey chassis, and moved the 2400 combo to the black chassis. I also got my TRX CVD's installed in the black chassis, as well as put the RPM front & back bumpers on, with the low-vis wheelie bars. I got a set of Pro-Line adjustable body mounts to try out, and installed those too. I love the way both CC combos just spool up instantly! I run center diffs with 50K oil, and still pop the front wheels off the ground! It's like having totally new trucks!

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    The rest of the pics...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I did the fan mod that someone suggested in one of the threads. Air ACTUALLY flows through now!

AB

RC Qualifier
    OK, I've been busy the past few days. I finally got the STRC Carbon Fiber ESC mount I ordered a few weeks ago, and I got a couple of HR aluminum heat sink motor plates for the LCG chassis. I'm still waiting on my 2nd Kings Headz motor mount. I also got mu 2nd set of TRX CVD's in and installed them on my LCG chassis with the Pro Trac suspension.

While installing the HR motor plate, I noticed it's a tight fit on the KH motor mount. I had to tap it down onto the swivel on the KH mount, then it was really stiff to adjust. Hopefully the new motor plate will help with heat dissipation. Running my MMP 3800 combo on 3S, I noticed a lot of heat.

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Your truck looks staight up beast! It looks like you race that thing too, how have the beadlocks been working out?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Your truck looks staight up beast! It looks like you race that thing too, how have the beadlocks been working out?
    Thanks! I really like the beadlocs, It's my second set. I have them on my original basher. I got the new Trencher X's on them. I was originally going to race this one, but I built another with the MMP 3800 setup ang the Pro Trac suspension to race.

AB

RC Qualifier
    I guess I'm finally finished with the dyed chassis. I was waiting on another King Headz MM, and put it in today with the HR motor plate. I dressed it up with Street Fighters and put a couple of 3S packs through it. I'm running 13/54 gearing right now, she pops wheelies off the line!

Next project...a Rally/GT8 road car...already started collecting parts!

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Here's the racer...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Slash 4X4 LCG, CC MMP 3800, TRX CVD's, Pro Line Pro Trac suspension, Pro Line F-11's with Pro Line Suburbs 2.0 mounted.

AB

RC poster
    Can Yall please post up all the parts needed to do that chassis brace listed in the thread? Thanks...

RC Qualifier
    I used 2 E Revo toe links butted together with a coupling nut that I made. There are 2 RPM long ball ends on 2 1/4"nylon bushings. It is bolted to the bulkheads through the chassis with 2 4mm x 25mm allen head screws with 2 4mm flat washers on each end held together with a 4mm nylock nut on each end.

[IMG][/IMG]

Other guys are using a body/chassis brace mounted to the front & rear shock towers made by AXIS.

My buddy at VG racing is engineering a 1 piece brace using my specs. He does roll cages already.

PM me if you need any help.

AB

RC Qualifier
    I don't know what happened, but somehow I deleted my pics from posts 60 & 62... The HR Motor Plate/Heat Sink, and 2nd KH Motor Mount.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Road test in street shoes!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

My fleet of Slash 4X4's...

RC poster
    Great thread, I am doing an LCG conversion and after reading this I will be making or buying a brace for it before I use it. thanks

RC Racer
    hey have a q
    does a lcg slash 4x4 have different mounting holes for bodys

RC Qualifier
    Nope shouldn't change anything as far as mounting a body goes!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    My latest chassis. Still have to build a chassis brace for it. Going over to the Rally thread!

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    I got this HR aluminum motor mount, which also has the oversized bearing like the KH MM. Comes in blue!!! AND...costs less!

Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is for the LCG chassis.

RC Qualifier
    So....I've joined the "17mm hub club" and installed XO-1 axles, carriers, and hubs on my slash. I also picked up a couple of sets of 1/8 buggy wheels/tires for off road. I hadn't realized that they are about the same diameter of regular S/C tires. The stub axles are bigger than the Slash CVD's, and use a bigger bearing. I think the bigger wheels look better too!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers!

RC Qualifier
    I got this to replace the green CC2400, basically the same motor, but blue!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, I got the BLUE motor in today. I put the Traxxas ET-2400 in the BLACK chassis, I'm really getting used to the BLUE theme.. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the connectors, and forgot my soldering iron, so I didn't connect it correctly. I'll have to wait until I get home on Friday to do a road test. Looks good though!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers!

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, I finally got the motor wires connected to the ESC, I soldered them together, and I took her out & got her dirty today. I put a couple of packs through hitting some god jumps and HARD landings. It really put my chassis brace through the test! A few nose landings, and end over end rolls and she came out unscathed! I really like the Suprasales 1/8 off-road tires, lots of grip in the dirt! The best part is the torque of the ET-2400. That motor should be an option when you buy a Slash 4X4 new! It is a BEAST!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    Just got done going through your thread here. Lots of great info. I'm getting ready to order in a Slash platinum. I plan on racing with it. Do you think the protrac kit helps out with your racing? I've been debating about getting it or not. I'm new to racing so I plan on keeping things mostly stock for now just to get used to racing in general. Then making upgrades/changes as I see fit. I do plan on changing out to the mmp 3800 after awhile for my racing combo.
    Do you feel that the new shocks that come on these are good for racing or do you think something different would be better?

Nice work on the chassis brace. I like the outside of the box thinking on that. Great looking rigs!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by honda95freek View Post
    Just got done going through your thread here. Lots of great info. I'm getting ready to order in a Slash platinum. I plan on racing with it. Do you think the protrac kit helps out with your racing? I've been debating about getting it or not. I'm new to racing so I plan on keeping things mostly stock for now just to get used to racing in general. Then making upgrades/changes as I see fit. I do plan on changing out to the mmp 3800 after awhile for my racing combo.
    Do you feel that the new shocks that come on these are good for racing or do you think something different would be better?

Nice work on the chassis brace. I like the outside of the box thinking on that. Great looking rigs!
    Thanks for the comments! And yes, the Pro Trac kit helps tremendously! The overall stability is increased greatly. With the proper tires for traction & cornering grip, you will love the setup!

As for the shocks, I've had no complaints with the new GTR's. I've run the original aluminum big bores with different combinations of springs and oils, and Pro Line Powerstrokes with the spring tuning kits. The GTR's have not disappointed me! I think you will be happy with them. The larger bore and higher oil volume is comparable to some of the other shocks guys are using from the other manufacturers. Their dampening is very smooth.

You will be very impressed with the MMP 3800 combo. I suggest you gear down at least 1 tooth when you put it in. Also, it is a 5mm shaft, so buy spare pinions to fit it.

The chassis brace made a HUGE difference! I noticed a lot of wear on the driveshaft before I put it in. Now, none. I have read of plenty of chassis failures, not that the brace could have prevented them all, but it DOES strengthen the chassis greatly. There is another one being used that mounts between the shock towers. It basically makes a "box" out of the frame assembly. No matter what you use, the energy in a high speed collision has to go somewhere, so something else may fail.

Good luck, and enjoy your Slash!!!

AB
    Last edited by aburg2; 03-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man! Good to here that you like the shocks. I can save my money and keep the stockers in there for now. Do you think for your chassis brace a simple ball end would do rather than those nylon bushings you have? I ask because I have no idea where to get bushings like that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by honda95freek View Post
    Thanks man! Good to here that you like the shocks. I can save my money and keep the stockers in there for now. Do you think for your chassis brace a simple ball end would do rather than those nylon bushings you have? I ask because I have no idea where to get bushings like that.
    A ball end would probably work, that was my original plan but I didn't have any Revo parts to dig through. I got the nylon bushings from the bolt supplier that I got the hardware from. The only mod I did was to Dremel the hole in the ball link to fit the bushing. It turned out to be a very solid setup. If you need any help getting the parts, PM me.

AB