RC Qualifier

Difference between stampede and e-maxx

I'm In the market for a new truck can you guys tell me what are the major differences between the 2 trucks? Thanks

Lots of differences the major ones are,,,Emaxx is much bigger, requires two batteries, has two shocks on each suspension arm

Stampede 4x4 is a newer design and IMO is more durable and efficient.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    aside from their apparent size and completely different build?

Stampede is a 1/10 while the E-Maxx is obviously not as 1/10 as claimed to be. hard to compare to completely different vehicles like these 2. Emaxx is massive and destroys with Brushless power, while stampede is, in my opinion, in the lighter weight division. Fun, fast and all that, yes, it has its place. Can make it into any set up you wish, and tons of upgrades. If you're looking to enter the "Monster truck" category, Stampede will get you there...If you're looking for a MONSTER TRUCK, EMAXX!!! And be ready to spend a little more - they love upgrades and you will too!!

RC Qualifier
    I currently have 5 slashes And love them cause of their durability. The only interest I have is doing big air jumps at the skatepark and bmx park. Which of the 2 trucks would be better for jumping and can be modded to be bulletproof ?

RC Qualifier
    Why not use one of your slashes? The pede and slash are the same exact vehicle with the slash having a slightly longer chassis. Then you can continue to use the same parts for all of your vehicles. Much cheaper to go that route.

The stampede will love the jumps and back and front flips so will the emaxx but it will cost a lot more to get emaxx hard enough to take the same punishment as the pede and more battery packs. so go stampede and dont look back.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Slaughter33;5334854]Why not use one of your slashes? The pede and slash are the same exact vehicle with the slash having a slightly longer chassis. Then you can continue to use the same parts for all of your vehicles. Much cheaper to go that route.[/QUOTE
    What's needed to turn the slash to a stampede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The stampede will love the jumps and back and front flips so will the emaxx but it will cost a lot more to get emaxx hard enough to take the same punishment as the pede and more battery packs. so go stampede and dont look back.....peace
    I agree with poos. Lots easier to deal with one set of batteries and motor, and half the cost for shocks and other stuff. That's money you can put into upgrades. You can make the pede pretty bulletproof.

Robs on the money for half the price you can make the pede as bulletproof as poss and still share parts with your slash collection and save cash job done...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=paulfromtulsa;5335136What's needed to turn the slash to a stampede[/QUOTE]
    is it a 2wd or 4x4 slash
    if its a 4x4 then just a chassie swap
    what you need is: slash chassie and center driveshaft for a 4x4
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    What's needed to turn the slash to a stampede
    Or you could get Trenchers and a Maxx sized body and make a Slampede:
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Competitor
    i've had the same question, finally decided for the stampede and still do not regret it whatsoever.
    I mostly upgrade what I break, and that is the following:
    - alu wheel hexes, original ones rounded out
    - mip rear axles, original ones broke after 2 runs with a 2700kv 4pole motor
    - alu shock caps, original ones kept busting off

also added some alu parts for looks or to be ahead of problems:
    - alu motor mount, original plastic one might give problems
    - revo slipper clutch, better for the 4-pole motor
    - alu motor plate, a bit thicker than the original one and is finned to remove heat faster
    - alu electronics plate, had no place to nicely mount my ESC in the slash 4x4 chassis

also used a slash 4x4 chassis to stretch it and it drives like a blast, it holds up no matter what I throw at it now.
    Beach, skateparks, track, it just keeps on going

The reason i chose stampede 4x4 were:
    - nice price
    - uses only 1 battery instead of 2 (more upgrade $$$! )
    - good reviews, tough ride, where emaxx mostly needs some work to have the same bashability as the stampede 4x4
    - very easy in maintenance

for you, as owner of multiple slashes i would also say, go for the pede and share the parts, or juist transform one of your slashes into a Slash MT

RC poster
    Take the money and modify one of your slashes. Proline Protrak kit, 2.8 Trenchers, stiffer springs (maybe 2.5" Losi Greens), gear down to 11T or 9T pinion, e maxx body, done.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on cashed out thats the route i would take spend more money on your upgrades

RC Qualifier
    i have a maxx and i sold my pede to get it, but i learned very quickly ,They dont like big air . but my slash is a totally different story .