Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    282

    Big Bore shocks - I dont`get this ....

    I was looking at the manuals and one thing just poped into my eyes:
    You have to use the bottom ball-cups and steel balls from stock shocks ?????
    I mean they are considered best shocks, they cost nearly 70$, alu shock towers and two turnbuckles are included, but they couldn`t include 2 ball-cups and 2 balls which probably cost 0.01 $ ?

    Imagine buying a Ferrari, but it come without wheel nuts and you must use the nuts from your previous car ...

    Sorry Exotec, but that's really lame.....

    http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...s-bb-instr.jpg

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    384
    Yeah, I agree. Now, If it was some rubbish integy shocks I would understand but, these are 70$ lol
    "With Great Speed Comes Great Repair Bills!"

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Riverton, Utah
    Posts
    228
    Wow! That is lame! I wonder why they dont include them?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Who makes them?

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jimbo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNiST3R View Post
    Who makes them?
    who makes what? the Exotek shocks?

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    Quote Originally Posted by mtc777 View Post
    I was looking at the manuals and one thing just poped into my eyes:
    You have to use the bottom ball-cups and steel balls from stock shocks ?????
    I mean they are considered best shocks, they cost nearly 70$, alu shock towers and two turnbuckles are included, but they couldn`t include 2 ball-cups and 2 balls which probably cost 0.01 $ ?

    Imagine buying a Ferrari, but it come without wheel nuts and you must use the nuts from your previous car ...

    Sorry Exotec, but that's really lame.....

    http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...s-bb-instr.jpg
    very easy to do .once i did that had no problems.
    i think they are really made for a bigger car .what freaked me out was when i didn't read the directions and installed the ball cups it came with and they didn't work!
    but yes they should of switched them by now
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-16-2012 at 11:12 AM.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    very easy to do .once i did that had no problems.
    i think they are really made for a bigger car
    They don't have a problem with the install, it's the fact that they do not included the shock ends and steel balls with the kit.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    very easy to do .once i did that had no problems.
    i think they are really made for a bigger car .what freaked me out was when i didn't read the directions and installed the ball cups it came with and they didn't work!
    but yes they should of switched them by now
    Easy or not, it is not the point. The point is they cost twice as all other shocks and they save on two pieces of plastic ...

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    and yes they should have switched them by now!

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Estes Park, CO
    Posts
    908
    I was thinking the same when I installed mine. It's dumb that they arnt included for the price. I'm with 50 on thinking they are for another rc and were just adapted for us. I'm curious about what they were for originally. Maybe we got more spring options out there, mine got "T6" printed on them.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum View Post
    I was thinking the same when I installed mine. It's dumb that they arnt included for the price. I'm with 50 on thinking they are for another rc and were just adapted for us. I'm curious about what they were for originally. Maybe we got more spring options out there, mine got "T6" printed on them.
    Probably a touring car, it would be nice to find out which one though.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. jimbo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,613
    get the yeah racing ones that jimmie uses

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    Yeah listen to jimbo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •