Hybrid View

hmmmm new job...... first upgrade or purchase? ideas?

ok so i just started working for ford today. im trying to think of the first purchase or upgrade i should buy is? i have a slash vxl right now.

big thing on my mind is that its in need of some tires before anything really. but other ideas for first purchases? lets hear your ideas people. im not blowing my entire first paycheck by any means though lol.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Can't go wrong with rpm parts. They'reindestructible and not expensive at all.
    Also extra lipos and a better charger is always in order!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Congrats on the new job, should be a good one. What do you do for them?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

yeah a better charger is on the menu for sure one of these days. i figure once i get 5 lipos then ill buy a 4x battery charger. that way i can run one and be charging 4 lol

and your right. can never go wrong with rpm. i run there shock towers front and rear on my slash as well as the front skid plate. and there is some more parts they offer i want as well so i might look into that some.

O.G., i work in one of there quick lube buildings. so i basically just do oil changes and basic maintenance all day but theres a ton of ways to make extra money. for one........ they actually pay you overtime unlike my last job that refused............... but they have all these different spiffs. or goodies if you will. for example, every oil change i do, i get and extra dollar. every tire i change, i get an extra dollar. everything i upsell i get more money as well. like $1 per tire, $1 for a battery, $4 for front or rear brakes. so thats $1 per brake pad basically. and thats just for upsales. and then every time i upsell something i put my name in a box. at the end of the week they do a drawing and the winner gets another $50. after ive been there awhile i can start taking some ford tests online. and every test i complete and pass i can print out and get $10 each for them. i started out at only $8.50 and i made more in a day then i did at my last job with higher pay........... and instead of old school cleaning the floor method with brooms, a lot of water, soap, more water, then squeegy................. we just have a floor cleaner that we hold a pad down walk behind it and steer lol. floor cleaner=awesome!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet. Welcome to the automotive world. I also worked for a ford dealer, but I hated it. However I was a tech so you may not have the same issues with them since all you do is maintainence work. Being a dealer tech sucks, 90% of the time you're doing warranty work.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

ive worked at a dealer before. i used to work for Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealership when i was still in high school. i worked there for almost a year exactly when i left to go to college for automotive and high performance. i since graduated with an associates degree in applied automotive science. and i also hold a class A CDL. after college i worked at a used car dealership but a bigger one. turns out it was more of a joke and i realized it day after day. well after 4 months i couldnt take it anymore and put in my 2 weeks notice. they were trying to hang me out to dry every day, so i quit with nothing lined up. and now im back lol. but first chance i get to be on a race team im putting in my 2 weeks lol.
    Drag It!

Nice. My first 'real' job was in a utility power plant and loved it.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

well got my first pay check. they didnt hold it for a week like i thought they would so that was cool. only for 2 days though so im not rich lol. put gas in my car, bought some stuff to take my xbox apart and clean it (overheating), got a few other little things to account for like lunch and such so im going to watch the rest of money for this check atleast. unless i find something cheap i want
    Drag It!

Well once you do get enough I would go with a 3s lipo or the new tires. If I were you i would buy proline badlands for off road use. Idk if you still drive at that quarry but I think they would be good for that.
    Use the stockers when driving on road so you don't have to wear out the new ones
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

i might just have to pick up a few different sets of tires. some paddles for the quarry in the sand parts. because the sand is only part i really play in there lol. other wise a set of badlands for pure dirt because i never run on a "groomed" track or anything. and im thinking just some trenchers for all around grass, gravel, road use. they will be used the most i think. might get paddles first though since winter is coming lol.

and im for sure buying a charger at some point. though about saving up and just getting an entire seperate rig as well. not sure what it would be yet though.............. a rally maybe? idk............ so many decisions lol. i need to get some more pay checks really before i look into anything to pricey at all. real life money needs gotta come first sadly lol
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    i might just have to pick up a few different sets of tires. some paddles for the quarry in the sand parts. because the sand is only part i really play in there lol. other wise a set of badlands for pure dirt because i never run on a "groomed" track or anything. and im thinking just some trenchers for all around grass, gravel, road use. they will be used the most i think. might get paddles first though since winter is coming lol.

and im for sure buying a charger at some point. though about saving up and just getting an entire seperate rig as well. not sure what it would be yet though.............. a rally maybe? idk............ so many decisions lol. i need to get some more pay checks really before i look into anything to pricey at all. real life money needs gotta come first sadly lol
    I know a summit! Or a brushless e-revo. Or win the lottery and buy all the traxxas vehicules a huge workshop with an indoor track. An out door track and be like Jang and review all the parts you buy because you don't have to work anymore. Ah the life

But actually if you were gonna look for a new ride I would but a stampede 4x4 if I wee you
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

yeah a pede had crossed my mind as well. but i know what my first check will probably be going towards.......

a new bed. because mine sucks. and my back keeps going out because of it. i sleep on my side and my bed sags so much from being old and just blown out basically that it kills my back................
    i dont know the technical term but my S I keeps going out. usually my left side, and when it does i can barely walk, bend, sit or do anything..... all because of my bed.

other big ticket items are some GOOD inserts for my boots to make them more comfortable as well as a boot dryer since winter is coming and my feet sweat alot anyway. gotta keep that moisture out!

i feel old............... i blame my bed for 90% of it though.

rc can come after those things lol

edit:

p.s. you pretty much described my dream right there lol. because if i win the lottery thats what ill do. probably start a hobby shop as well
    Drag It!

went and tested some beds after work today

dont remember if it was made by simmons or serta, but it was amazing. its firm like i need and a eurotop to keep it comftorable still. the mattress is $479 and the box is another $2 hundred something. but to get it sooner im just going to use a board over my old box spring for temporary. so cant wait to start getting a good nights sleep!
    Drag It!