RC Qualifier

Nitro to the kerb?

Is traxxas going to leave nitro in the dust? The last nitro was the slayer 3.3 that was 2-3 years ago. Traxxas has been everywhere short corse, monster trucks, officially sponsored monster trucks, helis, super cars, boats, rally cars, 1/16 the lists go on. Are they too busy with electrics to go back to nitro? I really want them to produce a 1/16 tmaxx 3.3 or 1/16 revo 3.3. Who else agrees with what i have said?

Me. I agree with what you said. I really like nitro, and I would love to see a new one come out!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    lets face it electric are less hectic to deal with. nitro are cool and the sound and smell are very addicting but knowing that the nitro here where i live are rediculously over priced.

i dont know how it would turn out though.........1/16 t-maxx or revo with a 3.3 in it, thats overly done.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

1/16 t-maxx or revo with a 3.3 in it, thats overly done
    Nah, I'm thinking a TRX Pro .15...

more like .12 or .10 but still as small as they are...... they still prone to roll over easily. smallest nitro rc i've seen are from hpi and thats an onroad.

RC Qualifier
    yeah i gess so humayraya and yeah i gess the 1/16 nitros would be. but like the vxl they scaled it down they would do that to the 3.3.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    lets face it electric are less hectic to deal with. nitro are cool and the sound and smell are very addicting but knowing that the nitro here where i live are rediculously over priced.

i dont know how it would turn out though.........1/16 t-maxx or revo with a 3.3 in it, thats overly done.
    na, they do sell the "big block" 1/16 stuff that can have a 1/10 brushless stuck in them. thats over kill about as far as you can go.

yeah i know about the 1/16 BB i have one and i did'nt like it so much (as you said, its over kill)...... so i picked up the right size motor with higher kv. we're just trying to picture a 1/16 with a nitro engine on it

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Nitro is dead... hehe. As with all things traxxas does, the market is moving toward electrics, especially the RTR market which is where traxxas lives. If people were buying nitros in similar numbers to electrics I bet traxxas would be building more of them.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Nitro is dead... hehe.
    Shut yo' mouf!

nitro will still be here just not as popular, table have turn around....electric are on top.

RC Champion
    This makes me sad....I love nitro. I would hate for it to dissapear.
    Unfortunately, you guys are probably right. People now days are just too lazy to take the time to set up the car and tune it and everything. They just want plug and go. Its really too bad....
    I mean, electrics are cool in the sense that they have lots of power and are good for beginners, but to get the full awesomeness effect of rc, it has to be nitro.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    yeah i know about the 1/16 BB i have one and i did'nt like it so much (as you said, its over kill)...... so i picked up the right size motor with higher kv. we're just trying to picture a 1/16 with a nitro engine on it
    I was just trying to say that a 3.3 on one wouldn't be all that crazy compared to what they already have.

I feel like it would have a terrible weight distribution though. I'd play with one!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    I mean, electrics are cool in the sense that they have lots of power and are good for beginners, but to get the full awesomeness effect of rc, it has to be nitro.
    The full awesomeness?? So... I need to $&@&!?$ with the car/truck everytime i run it, to have the full effect??? My times limited, im not 16 anymore, if i have time to run... I wanna run, not tinker with it. Am i missing out in this r/c awesomeness... I dont think so... And ive yet to see a nitro even come close to the power of a BL motor... My electric is 20 yrds ahead by the time the nitro hits 2nd gear.

RC Competitor
    I'll be honest. I was a die hard nitro and gas fan. I bought a rc plane this summer and converted it to brushless once my skills developed and I have been a brushless and lipo convert. I love the sound, smell, and feeling of accomplishment when running a nitro, but the ease of modern day electronics is hard to beat, especially with the cheaper costs of batteries. Also, finding a place where I can run my gas cars due to the noise (and since I have moved) has become more and more difficult. Since I need to either rebuild my RB TM 323 in my T-maxx or buy a new motor, I am currently in the process of converting it to brushless. Soon my Baja 5B will be my only petroleum fueled RC in my fleet .
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

My interest in GAS vehicles is still very high for one simple reason... in general, they are a start and go type setup. Not alot of fiddling if you leave them stock. My weed eater starts and runs first pull every time so a Gas RC should as well. BUT, by the time I converted from nitro I had simply had enough of packing up all my stuff, heading to a bashing spot only to spend the first 20 minutes tweaking and adjusting things to get it to run right, then have my last glow plug burn out and be done for the day. No thanks. I will admit, there is something special about a little nitro engine screaming around, blowing smoke out the exhaust... I love it. Its really really cool. But until someone makes a nitro motor that is absolutely as easy to use and consistently reliable as an electric, im an electric guy. RC is supposed to be a relaxing and fun get away from real life for me. I deal with enough nit picky crap day to day I really dont need more nit picky crap from my RC.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    My interest in GAS vehicles is still very high for one simple reason... in general, they are a start and go type setup. Not alot of fiddling if you leave them stock. My weed eater starts and runs first pull every time so a Gas RC should as well. BUT, by the time I converted from nitro I had simply had enough of packing up all my stuff, heading to a bashing spot only to spend the first 20 minutes tweaking and adjusting things to get it to run right, then have my last glow plug burn out and be done for the day. No thanks. I will admit, there is something special about a little nitro engine screaming around, blowing smoke out the exhaust... I love it. Its really really cool. But until someone makes a nitro motor that is absolutely as easy to use and consistently reliable as an electric, im an electric guy. RC is supposed to be a relaxing and fun get away from real life for me. I deal with enough nit picky crap day to day I really dont need more nit picky crap from my RC.
    Well put, Pav!
    Back in the day, nitro was the only way to get power and run time.
    Shoot... back then the BEST battery, the BEST ESC, the BEST charger, and the BEST motor would only get you MAYBE 15 minutes of run time after 30-45 minutes of charging, hours if you wanted your batteries to last. And all of the BEST equipment would cost thousands.
    Now, electric is cheaper than nitro and has more power and more run time for the most part.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Well put, Pav!
    Back in the day, nitro was the only way to get power and run time.
    Shoot... back then the BEST battery, the BEST ESC, the BEST charger, and the BEST motor would only get you MAYBE 15 minutes of run time after 30-45 minutes of charging, hours if you wanted your batteries to last. And all of the BEST equipment would cost thousands.
    Now, electric is cheaper than nitro and has more power and more run time for the most part.
    True,,, I'm not changing my name though.... Cause I love combustion engines!!!!!!!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    A gas that has an electric start and fuel injection would be awesome... I would so save my pennies for that...
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Wasn't there a similar thread a little while back??
    I was going to link it, but I cannot find it.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Are you thinking of the Stinger 609?
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vwbug View Post
    Is traxxas going to leave nitro in the dust? The last nitro was the slayer 3.3 that was 2-3 years ago. Traxxas has been everywhere short corse, monster trucks, officially sponsored monster trucks, helis, super cars, boats, rally cars, 1/16 the lists go on. Are they too busy with electrics to go back to nitro? I really want them to produce a 1/16 tmaxx 3.3 or 1/16 revo 3.3. Who else agrees with what i have said?
    I hope not. Traxxas makes some great Nitros and some good beginner ones too. There are some die hard Nitro guys and gals out there. Traxxas mini Nitros would be sick! 1/16 Revo 3.3, 1/16 T-Maxx 3.3 and 1/16 Jato 3.3!!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

Wow. VERY well said! I feel the same way. Most of us "nitro junkies" will agree with that... I really wish nitro was easier to use...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    True,,, I'm not changing my name though.... Cause I love combustion engines!!!!!!!
    HAHA... Love it... Im with you man. We just got our first delivery of Polaris sleds for the winter and man, those 2 strokes smell GOOD. So much better than our fleet of 4 stroke ATVs all summer. Theres something special about the smell of 2 stroke exhaust in the morning.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ