RC Champion

Any Banzai-Bar Owners?

Has anyone tried the "Banzai Bar" for the Rustler?? i was thinkin about purchasing one because i like the angle it's machined at. THe stores reputation is good on ebay and says he's sold 69 of them so far.
    check the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BanzaiBars-W...item3cb2ce140d

I've owned a few Bonzai Bars, they are good, I would say comparable to the Swami Bar. The only difference between the two I could see is the Bonzai has a bend with crease in it where the Swami bar is like a curved bend.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I've owned a few Bonzai Bars, they are good, I would say comparable to the Swami Bar. The only difference between the two I could see is the Bonzai has a bend with crease in it where the Swami bar is like a curved bend.
    cool...yea at first i was thinking these were "off-brand swami bars" but i guess not.

RC Champion
    got my banzai(bonzai) bar in today

RC Racer
    Sorry but I think you made the wrong choice
    I think you should have got a Tbone racing wheelie bar because I they made of a strong plastic that will bend and absorb shock like rpm front bumpers. It is also wider and protects the motor more. Just sayin

ps like your shoes in the background, they look real sweet.

RC Champion
    actually i have both the TBone Racing and the Banzai-Bar

I like both the Swami and T-bone bars about equally. Both have drawbacks and plusses. The T-bone is a little soft for my taste and my truck waddles on a wheelie like a penguin.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I like both the Swami and T-bone bars about equally. Both have drawbacks and plusses. The T-bone is a little soft for my taste and my truck waddles on a wheelie like a penguin.
    with the tbone i've noticed the waddle on the rustler but man you should see the tbone bumper on a bandit. since the bandit is so low to the ground the tbone bumper is perfect for it. it rides for a good 5 seconds smooth. on the rustler the tbone does waddle a bit and that's why i got the banzai-bar, its angled lower to the ground so it doesnt let the rustler get too high to waddle.

imo the traxxas wheely bar is the worst. it waddles no matter what. not durable and the noise from the plastic wheels get's irritating. just me tho. i see some people prefer them over other wheelie-bars

WOW I have used all the mentioned wheelie bars and settled ont he Traxxas as being the best, with the addition of the rubber wheels and bearing set. I like it because I can adjust the height and it rides wheelies so well with none of the waddling mentioned. If I chose to my Rusty will ride a wheelie the length of my street on the Traxxas bar as smoothly as if it was on all four wheels.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    yea i love the adjustable ride height also. thats the one category it excels in. i usually low-gear my rusty and run 3s and the traxxas wheelie bar just never could keep my car stable during wheelies. it'll end up waddling then flipping over and over. i figured it was the fact that the wheels are too close and doesnt cover enough ground like the tbone does.

i've never added the rubber wheels and bearings to the traxxas bar so i may have to check that out. i have 2 of the traxxas wheelies bars just sitting around.

Those wheels make all the difference. I have the Traxxas wheelie bar with the rubber wheels on my Rusty, MERV, and Stampede 4x4.

I got sick of going thru all the wheels with no bearings in them. It is only a matter of a short time before they are all egged out and wobbly.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Yes well my opinion would be to by a traxxas and a tbone wheelie bar and then change between them. But I would always use the bearings and rubber wheeles from the tbone on the traxxas. But I aggree with the traxxas is not very durable and easily breaks I have heardof a heap of instances where the bar has just snapped like this

I still rather tbone for the durability it means I could leave it on there all the time even when bashing on big jumps