Thread: traxxas lipo

RC Racer

traxxas lipo

I did in another battery today.only 2 left.time to go lipo.going with 3-s for sure.even though traxxas batteries seem pretty expensive I'm thinking they are not with their 1/2 price lifetime replacement.I'm also going with the e z peak plus charger.can't void warranty that way and it seems to be a good easy to use charger.my issue is that I can't seem to mmake up my mind on getting the 5000mah or the 6400mah with extension kit.I have a rustler vxl.help me out here please.which one would you get?I play on dirt tracks and a fair amount of bashing.I don't do much jumping at all and not more than 3 foot high if I do.not much into speed runs either.my favorate gearing is 25/83 and maybe 28/83 with the lipo's.thanks,Troy
    anyone have an extra truck,I broke mine again

RC Champion
    ok you're DEFINETELY going in the right direction with the EZ peak plus charger! that thing is so simple and user-friendly and at the same time high quality! but i would say pass on the traxxas batteries. they're too expensive. go with the SPC 3s 5000 mah lipo. same quality as traxxas but waaay less. $47 bucks shipped. spc provides a nice warranty and customer service also. and they come with a traxxas connector (i hope the mods dont ban me for this)

Which is more important to you, handling or run time?

If how the truck handles is more important go with the 5000 mah, it is lighter andt he truck will handle better. If run time is more important to you then you want the 6400 mah.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

I'd go with the bigger battery; more run time and more amps. I'm disappointed with the run time of my SPC 5400mah lipos.

Deer meat in the freezer
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I've a SPC 3s 25c 5000Mah battery and get about 30 min, run time , Make sure you get a temp, gun you'll need it for sure .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    thanks for the replies.I do faver handling over run time and I've been happy with the run time from my duratrax 5000mah NiMH batteries so I think I'll stick with that rating.I will also check into the duratrax lipo's prices compared to traxxas and spc.one thing that I like about the duratrax batteries is that the wires are in the middle just like the traxxas.the spc's are on the side so I'll have to notch the battery tray to fit them.not a big deal but pricing will be the deal maker.
    anyone have an extra truck,I broke mine again