RC poster

Must do mods before first launch ?

I will be purchasing a brand new Spartan within the next few weeks. I have done a bit of research and know the boat is "6S Lipo"compatiable to get the boat cloaser to 50mph. I also have seen the boats engine benifits from a cooling upgrade requiring two tubes instead of the one from the factory. Where can I get these upgrades, and is there a write-up somewhere on nhow to install them? I have also noticed different propellars can be added to increase speed. Also, does the instruction manual that comes with the boat explain the trim and how it needs to be adjusted to suit desired driving types? Thanks in advance!

RC Qualifier
    Kintecracing.com is where I get 90 percent of my upgrades
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC poster
    that is a good site! thank you

RC Champion
    Keep your flex shaft WELL lubed. Pull it after every run or two and re-lube it. I broke mine after 5 runs without checking it.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC poster
    yes, i saw the rcnightmare run-down of maintenance procedures on youtube. seems very easy.

RC poster
    why are the prices so high at other places. This store is supposedly a authorized retailer, but the price is the cheapest I have found. why is this one so much cheaper? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...item2ec292422f

RC Qualifier
    IMHO, Well the hobby is a kind of gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but as long as your happy with it, price doesn't matter.
    The main key is shop around as many as you know, then grab the best price that you got. At least at the end of the day you will be satisfied with your purchase.
    For the propeller there's a lot to chose from, but for the stock esc & motor, the recommended props. are the Octura x442 & Prather 215 these are made of copper berellium or stainless steel an need sharpening & balancing. Here is the sample of the props
    Copper type

Stainless type
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC poster
    how do you sharpen/balance these props ?

RC Champion
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you