RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Thinking about buying a platinum 4X4 to scavenge parts...

Im doing the math on upgrading my rally the way id want it and its not going to be cheap. I want to use all traxxas parts. I want aluminum castors and carriers, sway bars, big bores and the centre diff... All this is going to cost about $150 if I buy it new and if I can find decent deals on e-bay. Im thinking it might be better to just buy a slash 4X4 platinum, strip all the platinum parts, replace them with my stock parts and sell it off. I think I could probably do it for less than buying the parts. Anyone have the same thought?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I think that would work
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Yup, sounds good. You could get 130 for the VXL System, then there is the body/battery, tires, roller if you replace what you take from it etc... You may end up paying a little cheaper in the end, but with shipping and being from Canada, would be best if someone took the whole package. Abviously the least amount of shipments, the better. Then again I haven't even looked at the PE price lately. If memory serves correct I seen it somewhere for $410 (must of came down because of the LCG one coming out and the ones with Lipos etc..)

That's where all my upgrades are coming from when I install them on the Rally eventually. Stripped my PE slash and replaced with stock parts so it's still useable, and the goodies in a baggie until it's time to fix or upgrade, took the mip's off the sl4sh as well.

EDIT: Yeah, towers got em for $415 - $50 SS Dicsount. But, might get nailed with customs, I paid $60 customs for my Rally. Hit and miss, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Just realized as well that the price has actually went up a bit, was thinking of the Ultimates prices for some reason.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 11-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I can buy an ultimate from futureshop.ca right now for $499 plus tax... that might be the way to go. it comes with the TQI with docking base.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Pave, I get my ultimates for 400 still. Offer is there if you need one..... + shipping lol
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Im doing the math on upgrading my rally the way id want it and its not going to be cheap. I want to use all traxxas parts. I want aluminum castors and carriers, sway bars, big bores and the centre diff... All this is going to cost about $150 if I buy it new and if I can find decent deals on e-bay. Im thinking it might be better to just buy a slash 4X4 platinum, strip all the platinum parts, replace them with my stock parts and sell it off. I think I could probably do it for less than buying the parts. Anyone have the same thought?
    I was able to pick up the Ultimate/Platinum parts for $130 total thru eBay, it just took me a while to shop them out. I picked up one of the $220 rollers instead of buying the whole car. I had all of the stock electronics already, as I like to keep spares. I got the RIT dye, plus some RPM upgrades, going to hang it all together ASAP!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Good luck with yours!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!