Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Its a shame the RCE magnesium bulkhead wouldn't drop right in
    it has nickle plated magnesium top plate and bell crank posts. Its also longer than it looks, it sits on the carbon bottom plate.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    I emailed T-Bone, and they said they would be getting to front bumpers/skid plates next week, and they would be ready by the weekend. They already have the rear bumpers available. I don't exactly know what the design is, but I'm sure it will help protect this weak spot.
    I have seen the rear bumpers by them, very cool they look like an airfoil that trails along the rear bottom of the body skirting, very sharp and clean looking.
    Good to know that they are building us goodies soon too

I found this on Ebay

Last edited by kwitty; 11-18-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Very nice bumper! I'll be on that!

RC Champion
    After installing my replacement bulkhead and new driveshaft I noticed something that I overlooked when I had disassembled the chassis tray to dye it................
    There is a recess in the upper extension of the chassis tray that extends over the steering post mounts that the head of the cap screws that fasten the bellcrank assembly onto the lower bulkhead. Mine did not seem to easily pop up into or align with those pockets at first but now it does. If this is the case than my earlier thought of securing those posts from the top is partially solved though through bolting from the top of the chassis extension down into the steering posts doesn't seem to be a difficult possibility to strengthen the front area.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I sent Tbone a message today asking about some inner fenders... not sure what will come of it but Id like to get the rear bumper. It will definitely protect the rear of the body and may aid in down force at higher speeds.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I hate the feeling of: "Oh, everythings fine! La de da da da! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! IT BROKE!!!" Yeah, get a T-Bone brace.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

Back to the original post for a sec.....
    So you fellas think that the broke skid/bulkheads are from body impact also? Seems to me this impact on the front driver side may have been a case of force out at the body posts ....or at the least, a contributing factor? I wonder if the body mounts out front like the xo1 is the best place for them? It's a lot of leverage way out front! Im using the proline mounts for my body, my bumper was never delivered. I think I like the mounts in the tower. Its a solid place for impacts. Matter of fact, I may still k with the mount set, im kinda watching and seeing what happens with all our trucks because I will be building a stock chassis up too.
    I recall Paved stating he has belly flopped his car from some considerable heights ... no brakes, I've seen some heavy hits and rolls, no brakes, but 2 good front impact + this thread, 3 broken skids/bulkheads!
    Any thoughts about the leverage point on theses bumpers?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Back to the original post for a sec.....
    So you fellas think that the broke skid/bulkheads are from body impact also? Seems to me this impact on the front driver side may have been a case of force out at the body posts ....or at the least, a contributing factor? I wonder if the body mounts out front like the xo1 is the best place for them? It's a lot of leverage way out front! Im using the proline mounts for my body, my bumper was never delivered. I think I like the mounts in the tower. Its a solid place for impacts. Matter of fact, I may still k with the mount set, im kinda watching and seeing what happens with all our trucks because I will be building a stock chassis up too.
    I recall Paved stating he has belly flopped his car from some considerable heights ... no brakes, I've seen some heavy hits and rolls, no brakes, but 2 good front impact + this thread, 3 broken skids/bulkheads!
    Any thoughts about the leverage point on theses bumpers?
    After looking over my Rally and the trauma it took, I don't think the body posts or the bumper actually played into the breakage.
    If I put hard pressure on one wheel it does seem that it transmits that force to the steering post mounts. I am considering through bolting the posts but then again the bulkhead is only a $6 part.....................if you can get one!

RC poster
    That happens to my slash LCg

RC poster
    I broke my lcg slash 4x4 in the same place too! Weak! Not even a full pack thru it!

RC Champion
    Get a few of these bulkheads for stock, also make sure that they are installed correctly when you replace them, indexing above where steering posts index is a bit tricky.
    #7430 is going to be a popular replacement part or after market upgrade!

RC Enthusiast
    After front left impact broke the bulkhead and a arm, shes off the road until new bulk and RPM a arm arrives
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Racer
    Yep just broke one also. Hit a curb in the dark! Someone wanted to see go so i took it out. Hope rpm makes one, this one def looks brittle.

RC poster
    Man sounds like an issue, I hit a tire about 1/2 speed with my new slash 4x4 about 1/2 speed and it broke this AND the chassis... Not even 15 mins of driving it now I cant drive it until I can get a new chassis and bulk head and EVERYONE is sold out currently... Sure hope someone makes an aluminum after market or something!

RC poster
    Finally got my replacement parts shipping should be in Tuesday! Hopefully no more issues! My drive shaft also bent like pictured on page 1

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by en187 View Post
    Finally got my replacement parts shipping should be in Tuesday! Hopefully no more issues! My drive shaft also bent like pictured on page 1
    Where did you find the bulkhead?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lwhalen1988 View Post
    Where did you find the bulkhead?
    buytraxxas.com

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by en187 View Post
    buytraxxas.com
    Thank you sir. Never seen that site. It is killing me, the rally has been down to long!

RC poster
    Yeah killing me to, I got my Slash 4x4 LCG Ultimate about a month ago, it broke after about 15 mins, Ive been waiting about a month to get these parts so I can drive it again!!! GAH! They should be here today, im PUMPED!

RC poster
    Hi guys I'm new here and I wish I had read this before I ordered my slash.

I'm new to the hobby and my lcg slash snapped completely in half on my first run and now I have to try and track down all the parts and learn how to fix it.

The impact wasn't even fast and can't believe how easily it snapped.

RC Qualifier
    Wow. Call traxxas if you just got it. They are usually very helpful.

RC Champion
    Best also check your driveshaft tube, likely it too was bent or flared out at the splined end!

My short experience with this car was that it is a bit fragile in areas unlike the Slash was that really took a beating and came out still grinning LOL

There is a lot more force generated on components than you can imagine, take the speeds these go to the scale size of the vehicle and you will experience failures. Stay away from curbs, poles and objects that don't give when you smack them! LOL

At least you will have a quick lesson on take down and assembly, now is a good time to dye your new parts you need to order

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas are the easiest Rc to work on. Very simple to break down and put back together.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Wow. Call traxxas if you just got it. They are usually very helpful.
    I'm in uk and they don't have a phone number here anymore and support at traxxas.com haven't been answering my emails and also the mods on this forum shut down my thread for unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Best also check your driveshaft tube, likely it too was bent or flared out at the splined end!

My short experience with this car was that it is a bit fragile in areas unlike the Slash was that really took a beating and came out still grinning LOL

There is a lot more force generated on components than you can imagine, take the speeds these go to the scale size of the vehicle and you will experience failures. Stay away from curbs, poles and objects that don't give when you smack them! LOL

At least you will have a quick lesson on take down and assembly, now is a good time to dye your new parts you need to order
    Yes your right it did get the driveshaft.

I really wish I knew that this one wasn't as strong as the others before I bought it.

The worst thing about all this is that none of the parts are in stock so it's probably going to be a long time before I get to use my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by imginy View Post
    I'm in uk and they don't have a phone number here anymore and support at traxxas.com haven't been answering my emails and also the mods on this forum shut down my thread for unknown reason.
    The reason was given with the closing of the thread. Perhaps you can read it again. I understand it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, but at this point you are beginning to sound like someone looking for somebody else to take responsibility and pay for his mistake.
    Chassis busted and driveshaft damaged from a 7 MPH bump? You sure about that velocity figure?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The reason was given with the closing of the thread. Perhaps you can read it again. I understand it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, but at this point you are beginning to sound like someone looking for somebody else to take responsibility and pay for his mistake.
    Chassis busted and driveshaft damaged from a 7 MPH bump? You sure about that velocity figure?
    wow what an attitude

thanks traxxas
    Last edited by imginy; 02-09-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by imginy View Post
    wow what an attitude

thanks traxxas
    Come on dude. That's not needed. Once the story came out with the speed, and then the temps that explained the whole scenerio. #1 a 7mph bump isnt going to bust a chassis like that #2 The cold temp you said is highly the suspect of it breaking How did you come up with figuring 7mph? Did you have a GPS or radar gun while driving it around?

The best thing would be to say the temps were around 30° F, I was driving around at about 1/2 throttle, and wasnt watching what I was doing and hit a planted object (mailbox possibly).
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Come on dude. That's not needed. Once the story came out with the speed, and then the temps that explained the whole scenerio. #1 a 7mph bump isnt going to bust a chassis like that #2 The cold temp you said is highly the suspect of it breaking How did you come up with figuring 7mph? Did you have a GPS or radar gun while driving it around?

The best thing would be to say the temps were around 30° F, I was driving around at about 1/2 throttle, and wasnt watching what I was doing and hit a planted object (mailbox possibly).
    I came here looking for help and support not to be talked down to.

It took me a long time to save up the money to buy this truck and I'm not lying about anything the chassis just split along the bolts holes.

That's me done with this website good bye.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Traxxas is a very good company to deal with. Probably one of the best out there. No one is talking down to you. Hope I didnt come off that way bro. What you are saying is taking the car and giving it a little push into a wall and it breaks like that. Not hardly is what i'm saying. The breakage you are showing us is at a tad bit higher speed. Like said many times before cold weather does a number on plastics. They can be boiled to become more flexible and then the moisture gets inhibited into the plastic. Doing this and running in cold freezing temps will be an even more adverse effect. You will more than likely break it much easier as it will become fragile. I'm curious about the chip on the right side of the chassis there.

Sorry to hear bout the bad luck you had. It's only a material possession, dont let it work you up.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Got new bulkhead fitted as well RPM arms and all good,LONG wait also ordered 2 extra bulkheads for the shelf as i can see this happening again. The only problem i have with Traxxas is they wont ship parts outside USA online through their shop which is i pain as you have to wait until parts on backorder are available online at hobby shops.
    Stampede 4x4 basher
    Rally 4x4

RC Racer
    MTH hobbies on ebay has them for $6.00 + $2.99 shipping

Here is a link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...item2ec638e676

RC poster
    We have 4 Rallys and 3 of them broke all at the same place as seen on this post.

I donīt mind replacing the part but this happened in 2 weeks with new cars so I really believe that this when replaced, will brake again.

I will try to make cover in aluminum to strengthen the part but it will not be easy. Also I donīt know if it will affect how the car handles.

More solutions?

I know the original part is not too expensive but my problem is not the money but the time it take to find/order/exchange it. Need a more permanent solution.

RC Racer
    SH302 , who is releasing the parts you mentioned above > TRAXXAS ?

RC Racer
    Floods... I know this topic was covered months ago.... But I followed your mis fortunate accident, but I have it on vide to prove and I believe it was full throttle when it hit the curb. Destroyed the chassis! But no the front bulkhead!?!? Guess that part is designed to absorb more, or the force of the impact is quickly transferred to the chassi, and the weak point being right there in Fron of the servo. In my case, super glue would not have fixed it properly. I bent my driveshaft about 20-30 degrees. See my post "Rally Meets Curb"

Joe
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

RC Racer
    Imginy,

Pede is right, Traxxas is usually very reasonable. Especially if you're honest up front! They've been doing this for quite a long time, as is a lot of other users on these forums. The damage you are showing us is definitely not a bump. The car must have tumbled, hit a curb, hit a tree.... Something far more stationary than the vehicle itself, if not on that particular occasion when you noticed the break, then it happened previously, and you didn't see it or notice it until after the ~7mph bump. Weather also plays a huge factor in plastic strengths. The plastic on these RCs when "frozen" is like a pack of saltines... It becomes brittle and cracks easily.

Lastly, I can assure you that everyone one here that I have dealt with is more than willing to pass on help and guidance. Especially Pede, he's always helping out and I don't even know the guy, but I can already assess that he's definitely a good dude who doesn't troll people on forums. It's awesome that you saved up your money and got a fantastic RC... Just know that breaking parts is all part of the hobby. It's almost impossible to get an indestructible RC. Going all metal/alum is also not the answer! Alum bends in crashes and doesn't like bending back

Just think of the fun you'll have tearing down the RC and learning its components while building it back. Pretty soon, you won't need the manual much to know which screw goes where! It only sucks when it's all back together and you still have a screw left.... And nope, all the chassis screws are installed! Lol - ruh roh!

Joe
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"