RC Champion

A big Thank you to all you Veterans!!!

Thought I'd say thank you for your service to all the veterans out there!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    My dad served 19 years in the Air Force, flew the F-4 Phantom. My sister's husband is a Captain, he's been in for about 4 or 5 years, navigates B-52s. Proud tradition I want to carry on.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

Honor and respect to all service members.without the sacrifice of many we would not be enjoying our hobby or our freedom.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    My father was a marine sniper scout in vietnam and my brother was in the natl gaurd in afghanistan. We have lost friends and family in Iraq and Afghanistan both. We always appreciate the sacrifices made.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    hooah! my grandfather was MP in berlin just after the war. he used to smuggle things into and things and people out of occupied berlin. he also stole a flag from the front of a military base over the border and was able to get away with it.

thank you all who have served or are serving for our country!

To all of my fellow service member, past and present, thank you very much for your service.

Thank you to the families of service members that gave the ultimate sacrifice, their blood ensured our freedom!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Why thank you

I was an avionics tech in the Air Force, so Imagine how upset my dad was being heavy artillery in Vietnam, lol, he thought I was gonna go the Army route (and I was, until I had some butter bar yelling at me in MEPS like I was already at basic, lol). Served 1 tour in Iraq which changed the whole tension between my dad and I having bother being combat vets now. My Great Grandfather was a grunt in WWII, deep in the ditches. I could never get him to talk about it with me, and unfortunately my greedy aunt got all of his "trophys" from when he was in, including a beautiful German Luger 9mm. That's about as far as my families military history goes, we all immigrated from Germany around 1900, so no cool Civil War era heirlooms exist, and the only WWII stuff is probably already sold to a pawn shop.

To all the veterans, happy belated veterans day!

Edit -

Seriously? Even the name of the enemy in WWII from Germany lead by Hitler is filtered? Should we rewrite the history books too? My God...

You have been given warnings, links to the rules, it's obvious you do not agree with the rules or refuse to read them and abide by them, which you had agreed to when you applied for an account "Terms of agreement"... This is not a public forum, it is privately owned by Traxxas.

It's simple, if you do not want to abide by the rules, then maybe you should be on a forum that allows the language use you prefer.

You have 2 posts complaining about the rules in one thread and again purposely making a reference to alcohol which was not putting things back on topic.

So here's the reference again for you to read....
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...or-%28Rules%29

1. No foul or abusive language will be tolerated. Period. It has no place in our community. Attempts to disguise bad language or bypass the language filters will not be tolerated. If you disagree with us and don’t think we should be restricting your language then we respectfully ask that you simply do not become a member of our community. There are other message forums that do not have this restriction.

4. No drug, alcohol, or tobacco references. Discussions about or references to drugs and alcohol that serve to promote their usage are not allowed. Traxxas encourages community members to be drug, alcohol, and tobacco free.

9. No pointless complaining, moaning, and whining. This mostly applies to the operation and moderation of the online community. Members will be banned, threads removed, and so on based on the clearly defined rules. Publicly bemoaning the operation of the community and the way the rules are enforced will not put you in good favor with the moderators. If you have a legitimate concern or suggestion, PM a moderator or send a message to forum@traxxas.com.

To take a thread that is to honor our Heroes who fight and die for freedom and use it for a place to complain about the rules is pretty distasteful and inappropriate

Since you persist to break the rules after being given warning, links to the rules, it's obvious you do not wish to abide by them.. Points to be awarded accordingly.

Nitronaught
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 11-16-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: complaints of the rules again.... Off Topic again

RC Champion
    Refer to signature. Mezzio... it's all about context. How often are people going to use that word literally on an RC forum? It's easier for them to block it.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    I find it mildly offensive that you've decided to complain about Traxxas forum rules on a thread created to thank the men and women of our nations military.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Enthusiast
    You could PM one of the moderators and ask, and if you think something's gonna get filtered out/blocked anyways, you may as well not post it.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Champion
    My brother who was in the Natl Gaurd found a Gold Star family by his house. Thier flag pole fell down yesterday. So he went over and picked up thier flags and left a note. We are going to try and fix thier flag pole or replace it if need be. It was pouring and he went over anyway and did that. He was so excited when he called to tell me about it! The family hasn't been home yet and he didn't want to touch thier flag poles without thier consent!

RC Champion
    i give my thanks to all those who have served, and serving today in our armed forces.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    My brother who was in the Natl Gaurd found a Gold Star family by his house. Thier flag pole fell down yesterday. So he went over and picked up thier flags and left a note. We are going to try and fix thier flag pole or replace it if need be. It was pouring and he went over anyway and did that. He was so excited when he called to tell me about it! The family hasn't been home yet and he didn't want to touch thier flag poles without thier consent!

Good man there... it's unfortunate most people would have just left it... peoples pride for their country is going right down the tubes with the country itself. It saddens me that my daughter is going to suffer for the mess made by DC over the past few years since 9/11

Sorry for the late response, but I've had to moderate more than participate lately....

For me, every day is Veterans day.... They are in my prayers every day, our family prayers as well.... I find it also very rewarding to help disabled vets by volunteering any time I can to help..... It's so very rewarding to be able to do something first hand....

Pass it forward.....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    My grandfather served in the military, fought in WWII... he was 91 and passed away this past Saturday (November 10,2012). I was holding it together fairly well during the funeral until the Soldiers from the local American Legion individually walked by his casket and saluted him... thats a tear jerker for sure. Then again as they folded up the american flag they draped across his casket to hand to my grandma (90yrs old - They'd been married for 66yrs and were literally only apart when he was serving in the military. lived in the same town, one the same farm, just about in the same house (their first one was destroyed by a f4 tornado back in 1974). ); followed by the '21 gun salute' and the playing of 'Taps' (which i played several times throughout my stint in High School; but never was it so sad and so beautiful (not because the trumpeter was all that great... just the setting, the meaning of it all).

THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you have, are, and will serve. It's a great selfless act to sacrifice your life as a human along with all the various pieces that make up your life (family, friends, children, etc)... just for me.

RC Champion
    WE don't do enough for our vets. So my family and friends always do what we can. We are assissting this weekend in raising monies for Honor Flight. Going to be very interesting listening to some stories.