Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

I can't turn left..

Went out bashing with my friend (stampede 4x4) and his dad(EMBE).. which by the way was AWESOME!!!

This is the first time I've had her out sine I tore it all down and cleaned it real good. For some reason I couldn't turn left. I can turn right just fine and it centers fine but when I go to turn left it will turn maybe a quarter of an inch, if that, and not go anymore. when I turn the car off, I can turn it left and right with no problem. I know I have my servo saver on center because I took it off, turned it on and let it center, then put the saver back on while the truck was still on.. tried it again and no luck.. even with the trim set all the way to the left it centers and I can't turn left..

Not sure why it was doing that. Does it matter which side the steering blocks are on as long at they face towards the servo??

This is going to make my track day even more fun.. not being able to turn left..
    Thanks!!
    I can't turn left..
    God is good.

RC Competitor
    What radio system are you using?

RC Qualifier
    Can be one of 3 things
    -servo is bad
    - radio steering endpoint not set right
    - or steering is binding somewhere

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    I was going to suggest checking the endpoint too.

RC Qualifier
    Does it turn left with truck off the ground? Maybe servo saver is the problem. My spring on the inside came apart last week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    As mentioned, I'd check for any binding, bad servo saver, or stripped teeth in the servo.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

if you have had a bad wreck recently check the servo saver for sure. i had to buy a heavy duty one after the first time i drove my slash almost. then once i put rpm front skid plate on the saver was hitting the skid plate and i had to trim a bunch off. so check for binding, check endpoint adjustment, then try replacing the saver.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    When you are trying to turn left, does it sound like the servo motor is still spinning even after it stops turning the wheels? You may have stripped the servo gears. Also, when you did the tear down of the truck, did you remove the saver? Before you put the saver back on, did you first set the trim on the tx to zero then turn on the transmitter and the truck, then install the saver? I've tried finding the servo's center point by hand before and it never comes out right. The serve needs to be powered up and centered using the tx steering trim before the saver is installed.

Just a couple things to check, just in case. Good luck!

Oh yeah, and if you've run in wet conditions recently or the serve got wet, you may want to open the back of the servo case and check for moisture build up. The blue traxxas servos are waterproof, but they will build up moisture inside the case from condensation due to temperature changes. The moisture on the circuit board can make the servo do all kinds of wacky things. If there is any moisture inside, just leave the case open for a day to let it dry out and it should return to normal. This is aso a good time to check the servo gears for wear or stripping.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 11-11-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had a bad wreak recently.
    It does not make any noise when I turn left or right.
    It won't turn left when the truck is off the ground.
    I'm using the Traxxas 2.4 GHz radio.
    I know for a fact that there's no binding between the saver and the chassis brace and this servo is only maybe a month or so old and it hasn't been run very much so I know it's not worn out. My other one lasted 3 years, this one should too.. hopefully.

Baldy: I'm not sure if I had the trim set to 0 when I centered it. I took the saver off and turned the truck on,let it center then put the saver back on while it was still on so it wouldn't move, it's possible that I bumped the trim and it got moved off of 0. I will set the trim to 0 and see about re-centering it tonight. I'll let you know what happens.
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Well Baldy you were right. It was my trim. For some reason it was set all the way to the left.. not sure how it got there. When I would move it to the center with the truck on. It would move the wheels even more to the right. I took the saver off, put trim to 0 and turned truck on to let it center, put the saver back on and BAM!! all was good. I drove it around in a nice circle to the left then backwards to the left.. It's all good. I'm so happy!!!

Thanks to all who helped, it's greatly appreciated!!
    God is good.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    Well Baldy you were right. It was my trim. For some reason it was set all the way to the left.. not sure how it got there. When I would move it to the center with the truck on. It would move the wheels even more to the right. I took the saver off, put trim to 0 and turned truck on to let it center, put the saver back on and BAM!! all was good. I drove it around in a nice circle to the left then backwards to the left.. It's all good. I'm so happy!!!

Thanks to all who helped, it's greatly appreciated!!
    Awesome, glad i could help out. Maybe you did the same thing I've done before and put the trim knob to the center, but either forgot to power the transmitter on or bumped the switch to off position. No worries, we've all been there once or twice.

Sometimes when i power my truck on before turning the transmitter on, the wheels will be turned in one direction until the tx is turned on. Not sure why this happens, but i think it has something to do with the receiver recalling its last known input.

At least now you wont have to find a track with only right turns! Lol

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...the-HR-P2de-XL...
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    Nice build, very nice!! I should make a build thread for mine so I can put up what all I've done to it and have it all in one place instead of having it all scattered over the forum.. lol. I might do that after Christmas, just to see what I get.. hoping for mainly aluminum parts. (see my "what do you want for Christmas" thread in the alley)
    God is good.