RC poster

Picco 26 Red Dot Gearing

Hi guys. I just purchased a Revo with the picco 26 red dot in it (black head). I got a question about gearing. From what I can tell it has stock clutch and tranny gears in it. I've noticed when I get on the gas it flies through first pretty quick (no wheelie though, need more tuning probably?) However, when it gets to second it seems to gain a little speed and level off pretty quick, it just seems like the speed is being capped heavily and I'm thinking its a gearing issue. Any advice for milking more speed out of this thing is recommended. I can try to get a video of it tomorrow if you think it will help diagnostics. Thanks in advance.

RC poster
    Been doing a lot of reading on the net, thinking maybe the slipper clutch is to loose. The engine is whining like its hauling yet the car isn't moving as fast as it should with the engine whining that bad. I read the guide on how to adjust it but it says put it on a high traction surface like carpet to test it, unfortunately i'm not a fan of running my Revo in the living room lol. Any tips, tricks, strategies, walk through on how you guys personally set that slipper up? Thanks.

*Watch the language. Remove any words that have been blocked out by the language filter*
    Last edited by Double G; 11-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i thighten mine up to the point that i cant tighten it up holding the gear anymore an i have the tm 523 and mine rips and flys down the road
    drive it like you stole it

RC poster
    Awesome I'll try that out. Thanks Man.

RC Qualifier
    Good gearing is 17t clutchbell/36t spur - and properly tuned with extended rear a-arms should easily wheelie in first.

Regarding tightening the slipper, I found Oomp's technique to be perfect. (put o-ring between the 2 bellville washers, tighten slipper just to the point where the washers barely touch). I got the o-ring from HomeDepot.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4833321

RC poster
    Cool thanks for the slipper guide link, def will do that. Also ordered 17/36 gears, we'll see how she runs after that.

RC Racer
    I run 17/36 on my Picco, it is awesome!!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrift10 View Post
    Cool thanks for the slipper guide link, def will do that. Also ordered 17/36 gears, we'll see how she runs after that.
    I was rummaging thru my pile of rc stuff and found my old pack of o-rings. lol

they are: Danco #36 o-ring, http://www.homedepot.com/buy/danco-3...ck--96750.html

RC poster
    Sweet Dude. Got her all torn apart, will go pick up those O-Rings tomorrow, thanks!

RC poster
    Well that O-Ring trick worked like a champ, thanks again for linking it.

As far as the other stuff found out it had slayer gearing inside the trans. Swapped it to revo gearing and it seems to like that a lot more. Wheelies on command now and just hauls in general. New 17/36 gears come in tomorrow so we'll see how it runs with those on there.

RC Qualifier
    ^^ Good to hear. What exhaust are you running? I ran the Dynamite 053 side pipe and it was sweet.

And you can thank Oomp for the o-ring trick.

RC poster
    I'm just running the stock resonator right now. Been thinking about trying out a THS pipe because I heard they Piccos like them.
    +1 to Oomp

RC Qualifier
    Yes, thats a good pipe for the Red Dot. It was a toss up for me between the 053 side and the THS. I ended up with the 053 and I loved it. Throttle response was so crisp. I also got a big-block exhaust adaptor from Oomp. Not sure if he still sells them but you can PM him.