Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Slayer EZstart issues plz help

hey guys i have had my slayer for awhile now and never had any trouble at all. Whats happening is when i try to use my starter it sounds like to electric motor is just spinning and not the nitro motor. The only way i get it to work is if i make the screws in the starter lose and push it toward the back will im using the starter for the motor to turn over. I spent money and got all new gears for the started and put them in and still nothing its the same problem i had before. I really dont understand how this is possible since i replaced everything in it and that it works when lose and me pushing on it. Here is a video i have of it, sorry its not very good. Plz help i had to put the video on youtube to show you. and i also have a new starter shaft but i have not yet put that on

Welcome to the fourms! From what you discribed, it sounds like the one-way bearing is bad. So won't engage the starter shaft, and it won't turn the engine over. Somtimes the one-way bearing can wear out, or get so oily it won't engage the starter shaft. Try cleaning it before you replace it. Just rinse it out using a de-greaser or, plain water. If you use water, make sure to dry it out, then out a TINY drop of oil in it. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    thanks i will give it a shot in the morning before heading to the races. Hope it works for me