RC poster

T-Maxx 3.3 Engine Problem

I got my T-Maxx last Christmas. I used to run it all the time, then didn't have too much time to get it out and running. Once I took it out few months back, I was tuning it for warmer weather and noticed the idle wouldn't come down no matter what I adjusted on it. I took off the air intake to look at the gap in the carburetor and when I tightened or loosened the idle screw, it had no effect on the gap.
    1. What is the problem?
    2. How can I fix it or where could I have it fixed for not too much money?
    Any help is appreciated.

Edit: When the brakes are applied, the gap in the carburetor will go to where it needs to be and idle fine from there. But idle adjustment screw doesn't change anything.
    Last edited by FlyingPepsiTruck; 11-15-2012 at 05:01 PM.

RC poster
    i have the same problem but mine just takes of help?

RC poster
    Mine will idle really high like I'm giving it gas and will move from it's place at a decent pace. But I shut it off before anything worse happens to it.

RC poster
    where are u like what country im in the caribien. ok mine is a 3.3 and i turn it on idles realy high like full throtle then i give it very little gas then poof gone took off help ?????

RC poster
    p.s new to nitro too

The carb body may be stripped out around the idle screw. Or the collar on the linkage is not set properly.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Mine did the same thing. pulled the motor and sealed it. was leaking around back plate on pullstart and the nut that tightens down the carb to the motor. also my throttle servo was going bad and the linkage rod had a slight bend in it. fixed all of that and now it purrs like a kitten. but first of all check for leaks in motor, fuel tank, and fuel lines

RC Competitor
    oh yea...like double g said. check ur linkage.

RC poster
    New to nitro, so the whole engine thing is over my head. Where is it located and if it is stripped, how could I fix that?