RC Qualifier

submerged in salt water help

Hey guys. So where I live was hit hard by the recent hurricane. My whole town is a peninsula just 4 blocks wide with the Atlantic ocean on both sides. Anyway, my entire basement filled up to the ceiling and in the process submerged both my rcs under salt water for days. I had a rustler and a mini revo. The revo was completely lost, someone must have tossed it while cleaning out my basement. However, I managed to save my rustler and toolbox. What steps should I take now to salvage some parts off the rustler? I already got a deal on a 2wd slash so I think I can salvage some of my upgrade parts from the rustler and use them on the slash (aluminum and plastic should be salvageable?) I was planning on soaking the parts in fresh water then spraying them with some product, but which? Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry to hear about the damage to your house. WD-40 everything.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I was going to use wd-40, but them I remembered reading corrosion-x was better? Maybe a combination of both?

RC Champion
    in the short term I would use any anti corrosion substance you have on hand, just don't mix them. Then I would tear the thing down to wipe, dry and clean and see what you can salvage
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL