RC Enthusiast

Picked up a t-maxx but want to sell it

So I bought a box of traxxas trucks at a yard sale for a good price, I got it for the 2 electrics that was in the box for the kids. Also in the box was what I think is a t maxx, it has the 3.3 and a ridiculous amount of spare parts. Who ever owned this before put what looks to be a lot of upgrades into it. I know almost nothing about the nitro cars/trucks.

It did not have the electric starter so I could not start it or even try to, from looking at it the exhaust was
    upgraded as was a lot of the parts on the bottom, they were changed to aluminum and the shocks were upgraded as well. I have all the original parts that were replaced in bags that came with it.
    The controller has a switch for what I am guessing is hi/lo gears?

I took a few pictures and if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what I have and could expect to get for it.

Thanks

Rustler VXL
    Slash 4x4 VXL

Based on the fact you have an RC that:

1. You picked up at a garage sale so you do not know it's history
    2. You have not started it up.
    3. Obviously that is a 2.5 chassis with a 3.3 mill
    4. 27 mhz radio, not verified as working
    5. Stock servos?
    6. Looks like stock driveshafts
    7. Aluminum skids.
    8. Motor saver fair filter
    9. Exhaust (looks like RD Logics)

The aluminum upgrades like the skids and rear a-arms look like Integy. You might want to correct me....

Based on all that... Not something I can run, see, feel, in my own hands?

I'd say based on this... $125.00

Improve this by having the electronics working? Add $80.00 (now $205.00)

Running good with a video? ($250.00)

Now that's just my PERSONAL opinion.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Enthusiast
    3) I dont know how to tell the difference but did see it says 3.3 on the motor
    4) The electronics do work and it is a 27 mhz
    5) 1 servo is stock (2018) the other 2 are jracing (z270)
    6) They were replaced but they look stock
    7) yes
    8) no clue
    9) THS Racing

yes it is Integy parts as well as some RPM plastic
    The shocks were replaced and they are aluminum but I dont know what they are (have the stock ones as well)

Thanks for the help
    Rustler VXL
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    You really should try and start it.
    You can probably easily rig up a starting system.
    Just take the motor wires and solder on a connector. Whichever kind you use on your electric batterys.
    Then connect the battery to the motor and it will turn the engine over.
    If you can use a 6 cell nimh or nicd.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    the guy next door has a starter and is going to give me a hand testing it

I tried hooking a battery up but nothing happened

thanks for the help
    Rustler VXL
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Qualifier
    What you have there my friend, is a FrankenMaxx
    The chassis appears to be a pre-2006 4910 model chassis.

Engine is a 3.3 with MotorSaver filter

The aluminum chassis braces are Traxxas (50 bucks a pair new)

Front control arms RPM

Rear control arms are GPM maybe, same with front skid plate,
    steering assembly and rear axle carriers

Traxxas rear tubular toe links

JR Racing throttle and steering servos

Hard to tell by the photos who mfg. the front bulkhead, maybe Integy?

Traxxas grey plastic rear bulkhead (post 2006)

Integy rear skid plate

The shocks appear to be stock Traxxas Big Bore maybe?
    The springs look just like some VG springs I have but thats a tough call.
    Last edited by NitroTrout; 11-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Yep, franken maxx, but looks pretty good. Get her running she will sell. $200+

RC Champion
    If u cannot get it running. Take some wd40 and spray a little shot in the engine through the glow plug hole. Then take a hair dryer and heat it up for 20 min or more until it frees up. I did this for one I just picked up after sitting for 3 years and was seized from the fuel Turing to glue. Runs like a champ

RC Qualifier
    wow I thought my 3.3 (complete 3.3 Upgrade) with a 2.5 was crazy powerful I could not even imagine a 2.5 short shassis with a 3.3.
    Correct me if I am mistaken but isn't the 3.3 rated as 60% more powerful then a 2.5 and even more with the Bigger carb Mod I have been reading about? how in the world would you control thsi FrankinMaxx especially keep teh front wheels down? I decided to move my custom made battery to the front of the Shock Towers to help me from always running on teh rear 2 wheels when climbing or hitting a bump under WOT acceleration, this just seems to be a Sure bet to be on end or over backwards more then on all 4

RC Qualifier
    It also has an aluminum steering assembly and the shocks are definitely traxxas big bores. Nice score my friend!

RC Competitor
    I have an old 2.5 tmaxx with the short chassis and put a 3.3 in it and a losi carb bolted on to it. its crazier then a squirrel in a nut factory. thats what makes it fun tho. i prefer the short chassied tmaxxs and revos over the long style ones. just my preference tho.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spudler_t View Post
    wow I thought my 3.3 (complete 3.3 Upgrade) with a 2.5 was crazy powerful I could not even imagine a 2.5 short shassis with a 3.3.
    Correct me if I am mistaken but isn't the 3.3 rated as 60% more powerful then a 2.5 and even more with the Bigger carb Mod I have been reading about? how in the world would you control thsi FrankinMaxx especially keep teh front wheels down? I decided to move my custom made battery to the front of the Shock Towers to help me from always running on teh rear 2 wheels when climbing or hitting a bump under WOT acceleration, this just seems to be a Sure bet to be on end or over backwards more then on all 4
    I have an old 4910 chassis converted to 3.3 with the motor as well.. Yes its a wheelie machine but a traxxas wheelie bar solves that roblem right away.. Mine has the newer tranny and drivetrain as well.. It as a pain to convert but well worth it.. I've driven the longer wheel base before but I prefer this setup.. its more of a challenge to drive.. i would keep it if I were you and enjoy.. It lols like a pretty clean one.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    You know now that you mention it I did Like teh way the 2.5 I have/Had Drove when I was playing with it Prior to making a deal with teh neighbor kid(who hopefully comes through on dec 6th) It seemed to be a bit Tippy but either i got lucky or was able to save it easier then I can my 3.3 when it starts to go its a gonner the 2.5 seemed to act like Tom Meents wa behind the wheel and kept ending up on all 4 sometimes on 2 and 2 and 2 and back on 4 without ever going over.
    My 3.3 it is like 3 then upsidedown.
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)

RC Competitor
    i find that the majority of the time my maxx lands on all four no matter the tumble or situation its a 4910

RC Enthusiast
    i live in south where there is lots of sun and surf along with good lookin women
    keep it and convert it to electric . thats what i'm doin to my t maxx . or i'll buy it from you and convert it