Question Slayer To E-Slayer Qustions...

Well, after a long time of thinking and research, I'm going to convert by Slayer to electric. I REALLY love and enjoy nitro, but I love my rc's to have fun, not work on them 24/7. I mean, I spend 75% of my time trying to tune, start, fix, and keep my Slayer running. But with winter coming, and so much snow, (we have over 1 foot and a half of snow now) I'd like to convert my Slayer over to electric. I want to swap out the chassis, and everything I'll need so it would become a E-Revo/Slayer. How much would it cost to buy the chassis, transmission, and any other part I'll need. I'm not going to worry about what batterys, or motor/esc combo I'll put in it, I'll worry about that stuff later. I plan on keeping the stock body and beadlock wheels I have on my Slayer now. What is needed to convert it? If some one could make a part list, that would be awsome. Thanks guys! -Wolfslash16
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 11-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    i dont think you would have to swap the chassis, but lets wait for one of the rc guru's to chime in
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

I'd like to swap the chassis, so when summer comes along I could convert it back to nitro.

RC Qualifier
    nahhh, keep it electric; that way you dont have to buy fuel!, anyways a sotck sl4sh chassis is like 15 bucks lol
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    something is wrong if 75% of your time is tuning n keeping it running.. more experience needed wolfslash??

something is wrong if 75% of your time is tuning n keeping it running.. more experience needed wolfslash??
    No, I don't need more experience, It runs great most of the time, I know what I'm doing. It just doesn't hold a tune, and most of the time it doesn't start, stay running, or just doesn't run well.

You'll need to get the major parts in the middle of the truck from an E-Revo: chassis, tranny (may want to consider switching the final gear if you can) and center shafts to start. Take a look at the exploded views of the Slayer and the E-Revo and compare/contrast. Everything else including the shocks and bulkheads along with arms should work. If you don't have the ERBE diffs, you may want to look at getting them so you don't tear your diff cups up with the electric power.
    Or you could go with the Tekno electric conversion kit and use the nitro chassis but you would still need to lock the transmission otherwise you will lose reverse and braking from the motor due to the OWB on the center shaft.
    The Super Derecho

Thanks Double G! Ok, I tried to make a list of parts, but I most parts came broken up. Like the transmssion gears and drive shafts, etc, did not come with each other, and that made finding the parts I need really hard. Does some one have a LIST of parts/numbers to convert my Slayer to electric? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Thanks Double G! Ok, I tried to make a list of parts, but I most parts came broken up. Like the transmssion gears and drive shafts, etc, did not come with each other, and that made finding the parts I need really hard. Does some one have a LIST of parts/numbers to convert my Slayer to electric? Thanks!
    hey wolfslash there is a complete brushless conversion kit for revo/slayerpro. comes with everything u need(except motor/esc/batt packs) tekno TKR4001 its at Amainhobbies for $109.99. the stuff u need in brackets is the money part of the conversion the u dont need new chassis and trans the kit bolts into stock slayer platform.. teknorc.com

RC Qualifier
    for good motor and esc $150-$250 good lipo's $75+ each

RC Qualifier
    At a minimum you'll need a chassis, center revo tranny , motor mount and both center shafts. I'm sure I'm missing a few smaller things, but that's the bulk of it.

It may be easier, and perhaps cheaper, to buy a bare bones roller without wheels or a body. Probably looking at about 100-150ish.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    At a minimum you'll need a chassis, center revo tranny , motor mount and both center shafts. I'm sure I'm missing a few smaller things, but that's the bulk of it.

It may be easier, and perhaps cheaper, to buy a bare bones roller without wheels or a body. Probably looking at about 100-150ish.
    why u telling him he needs a chassis n tranny??

RC Qualifier
    If your doing a eslayer on a revo platform, as the op inferred, you need a chassis and the center tranny.
    If your doing a tekno conversion, then no you don't. The original parts are reused.

But you can't simply slap the nitro tranny on the electric chassis without modifications, although I'm sure it has been done with success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    why u telling him he needs a chassis n tranny??
    I'd like to convert my Slayer over to electric. I want to swap out the chassis, and everything I'll need so it would become a E-Revo/Slayer. How much would it cost to buy the chassis, transmission, and any other part I'll need.
    He can convert his nitro either way: with an E-Revo chassis and tranny or the Tekno conversion on the nitro. Pros and cons both ways but if I were to do it, I would purchase the ERBE core. Others have converted their Slayer to electric and have some builds on it here.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    dont forget, the e revo chassis is a good 1.5+ inches longer. need a longer body to make it all fit nicely.

you you go e-revo chassis you will need the chassis, the e revo gearbox and the center drive shafts. you might want diffs too as the nitro diffs are kinda weak and wont hold brushless for too long.

if you go with the nitro chassis you will need a conversion kit ( battery mount, motor mount, esc mount, ect ) and worry about the diffs.

a decent motor system will run you $120 ( esc SC8 esc costs $80 and a track star motor costs $50 ) on up and a couple good lipos, say $30+ each.

i started with an e-revo and did the conversion from there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    picture this as with slayer wheels/tires and locked 2nd gear

robinsons racing gears

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

tekno conversion or integy i have both and i dont have a problem with integy mount. whats good about the tekno is it comes with battery tray, its a complete conversion with ease.

Hmmm that's alot of info you guys just gave me... Thanks! Guess I'll have to do some research...

RC poster
    hey how do those 3 nuts clear the big gear?? (first gear)or did you take it out and if so can we see how you made everything sit in there, I am trying to lock my slayer into second but there is very little room

Quote Originally Posted by demonsd View Post
    hey how do those 3 nuts clear the big gear?? (first gear)or did you take it out and if so can we see how you made everything sit in there, I am trying to lock my slayer into second but there is very little room
    once the first gear out you have all that extra room there. i am using a nut to hold the screws because of the metal gear now with the plastic gear the screw goes the other way.