Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC poster
    real name is husban x4

Quote Originally Posted by gunkil123 View Post
    real name is husban x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    It does look the same but that's where the comparison ends. Traxxas did a LOT of things to make the QR1 helicopter meet our standards of durability, performance and ease of use, which that helicopter simply cannot meet.

Anybody who buys that (hubsan) helicopter thinking that they will get the same one or the same experience that the QR1 provides is in for a rude awakening. Obviously we will not support that product in any way, either on our forum or on our phones.
    I hope we have an understanding here.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I've checked the specs on the Husban... Funny thing I find with advertised specs, if they mfr does not list something it usually means it is not there...

I find 6 Axis stabilization to be something really handy for people with my kind of flying skills.. I don't see this listed on the Husbon X4.. I also do not see the X4 husban to have 2 modes "Beginner" and "Expert" to help the learning curve...

Then there is that thing called Traxxas Customer Support and parts availability,, pretty sure this is where Traxxas is going to stand out...

Here's some interesting things about the QR-1

2.4GHz Multi-Mode Transmitter
    Connected. That is how the new QR-1 feels thanks to the clarity and control of the Traxxas 2.4GHz Multi-Mode Transmitter. The dual-stick transmitter includes a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology—and that's just the beginning. Each time the transmitter and QR-1 are powered on, the transmitter automatically binds to the helicopter. Switching between Normal and Expert mode is as easy pressing the right control stick. A bright LED light provides information on the fly, indicating binding status and Normal or Expert mode. Trim adjustments are quick and easy thanks to the LCD screen and digital trim adjustment buttons.

LiPo-Power for Maximum Stick Time
    To maximize flight time and fun, the QR-1 includes two 240mAh Power Cell LiPo battery packs. No need to recharge after you touch down, just swap batteries and lift off! Traxxas Power Cell batteries offer consistent power flight after flight, with low weight for high-performance flying. Battery installation is simple; just slide the battery into the rear of the body and plug in for instant airborne excitement.

Dual Charger Included!
    The QR-1 is too much fun to wait long between flights, so a Dual Battery Charger is included. Just plug it into a powered USB port, plug the batteries into the charger, and you're on the way to the next take-off. LEDs keep you informed of the batteries' charge status for no-guess charging.

Exciting Aerobatics
    QR-1's high thrust, low weight, and incredibly responsive controls allow you to perform amazing maneuvers with just a flick of the sticks. QR-1 aggressively snaps into forward and backward flips and barrel rolls with lightning speed. QR-1 can even make banked turns! QR-1 has the power and responsiveness to match your skills as you become a quad-rotor ace.

Six-Axis Stabilization
    Sophisticated circuitry, piezoelectric gyros, and accelerometers give the QR-1 outstanding stability. Each time you power-on the QR-1, its smart software calibrates the model for stable flight. Take your hands off the sticks, and the QR-1 returns to a solid and steady hover.

Exclusive Helicopter Replacement Plan
    The QR-1 is built for years of flying fun. Replacement parts are available to keep your QR-1 airworthy, and like all Traxxas products, the QR-1 is backed by our award-winning service and support. The QR-1 is also included in our exclusive Helicopter Replacement Plan.* You can trade in your QR-1 at any time, and in any condition, and purchase a new model (transmitter not included) for just half the list price of the ready-to-fly QR-1.

There is nothing posted like these details comparitively with the Husban x4

ME,, I may be partial, but I would also want to go with a company that understands RC's...
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 11-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Champion
    I hope traxxas becomes king of the clouds, because i really would like a 400-500 size heli. And with this technology in the first two flight RC's. Any larger models would be epic.
    The pennies are saved, the big chargers bought, A few months practice with the small scale. Easter 2013, I should be ready to take to the skies.
    Hopefully.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Qualifier
    Nitronaught, just so you know the hubsan is advertised with6 axis stabilization and has a beginner and expert mode. It also comes with a 1s 240mah battery.

Also while I'm abug fan of traxxas, there's a huge difference in knowing rc ground vehicles, and making things fly. I'm not saying traxxas doesn't know how or anything just stating that there's a huge difference between cars and copters.
    Last edited by Abyss; 11-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ^^ on a traxxas forum your on shaky ground. Sometimes its better to just let sleeping dogs lay.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    Nitronaught, just so you know the hubsan is advertised with6 axis stabilization and has a beginner and expert mode. It also comes with a 1s 240mah battery.

Also while I'm abug fan of traxxas, there's a huge difference in knowing rc ground vehicles, and making things fly. I'm not saying traxxas doesn't know how or anything just stating that there's a huge difference between cars and copters.
    NN never said Traxxas was amazingly awesome at aircraft. What I think he was saying is that they know how to put an awful lot of good, enjoyable product in the hands of consumers and then can support said product and consumers. I see that as a huge difference between Traxxas and hubsan. (See - I wrote it but didn't burst into flames.) And since Traxxas knows they have to support the products, isn't it reasonable that some modifications would have been made to ensure the satisfaction of the North American (and other) customer?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I think these kind of discussions are pretty useless until we can actually experience what the quality of the birds is and if, and how often, there is a need for Traxxas customer support.
    I have a few little birds in the house here and I know there is no use to call customer support after I bumped into a wall and broke a wing. Just a matter of having enough spare parts.

Traxxas has an awesome record on customer service and their market share in the R/C car world didn't grow on water and sunlight. That is a nice base to start with.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    Can we add the Husban name/word to the bad language list? I figure if you like a Husban heli then buy one and have fun on the Husban forum. I will be buying the Traxxas helis, since I know they have extensive testing and awesome support. I agree with Peter as stated above, wait until they are in our hands to make an educated decision.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post

Yes huge difference in Cars and Heli's, and Boats and Monster Trucks. Pretty sure I have a grasp on that...

But I think you missed my point totally..

1. Traxxas hasn't become who they are by putting out junk. At one point Traxxas didn't have brushless motors, programmable ESC's etc. I think today's battery and motor technology as well as gyro's and telemetry has opened doors into these markets.

2. I was speaking of Traxxas's "Track Record"... They lead in most markets which are basically RTR out of the box...

Sure, I'm sounding like a Traxxas "Fanboy"... But I can assure you my background goes way farther than Monster Trucks and Nitro's.. I have multiple mfr'd RC's mostly kits besides my 3 TMAXX's...

There are other companies that make quality RC's... Some have very goos service and support too... But in my book Traxxas leads...

So, as a beginner who has no lipo experience,,, knowing what I know about Traxxas.. Guess which one goes on my list...

I do wonder if it is a knock off, an OEM, or if it is really anything on the inside alike....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

Now if the 2 are the same(which they do look very similar) what is stopping someone from buying a Hubsan and just using Traxxas replacement parts? I saw a Heli at a gas station for $40 which again looks exactly like the Hubsan. No doubt Traxxas has earned its name in the Rc and RTR market but that was with excellent In-House designed RC cars/trucks and boats. I hope these Helis do surpass he others on the market.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Now if the 2 are the same(which they do look very similar) what is stopping someone from buying a Hubsan and just using Traxxas replacement parts?
    That might be the price of the spare parts.
    Nobody is born with experience