thief caught red handed! hes on his way to kid jail lol

so i was trying to help a younger kid out in life by teaching him some things and trying to keep him out of trouble. well he decided that wasnt enough and decided to steal a game from me. now mind you im extremely ocd if you didnt know about where my games and movies sit. i knew it was him. the cop found my game in his house.... with my name on it even! so i pressed charges and sent him to the juvinal detention center. and for those of you who want even more of a laugh. here is what i posted on his facebook where he even has his mom as a friend.

i dont know how many of your friends and family are on here. but i just thought i would let them all know that your in the juvinal detention center for burglary. for the game you stole from my house even after i was trying to help you out in life. hope you learned your lesson man. fyi make sure you never come by here again!
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    low low low scum of the earth. the new generation of kids just want everything handed to them in life. and when it doesnt happen, they resort to burglary/thieving- i love it when these kind of people get what they deserve
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

i mean i help the kid with his mini bike because the chain popped off like 4 times just in front of our property (live out in the country) just trying to be nice. sees me outside another time working on a car and stops to talk. fine no big deal at all. he kinda watches and asks some questions. so i proceed to teach him about cars. well he starts showing up more and more often. i teach him some more about cars, have him help me. we play some xbox together. i take him for a spin in my motor swap neon and such and such. my mom even offers him food one day when hes over. my brother gave him ride home a couple times when it was really cold out since he was on a mini bike. took him home before cus it was raining. we took him out mudding in our field.

for what?

apparently so he could just turn his back and steal from me................ well, i dont play around. the cop came outside with the game which had my name on the disk scribbled out and my name on the case was scratched out or rubbed out or something but you could see "kenny" engraved in the plastic. i said i want to press charges right then and there. so he goes back in and a few minutes later he comes back out with the kid cuffed and puts him in the backseat. pajama pants on, no socks or shoes and its starting to rain lol he takes some pics of the game then comes back up to me and says i dont know how far you want to take this all but he did break into your house to get the games so we could charge him with burglary or just go with theft. well at this point he had already told me he knew the kid farely well and i was mad that i was trying to help him and he did it. so i told the cop to charge the burglary because if he doesnt learn a lesson now he never will.

so i hope he has fun with a felony at age 16

im a great guy until you rub me the wrong way............. hes probably lucky that the cop went down there and not me because theres a chance i might be in jail for assault because i was heated lol. i played cool though and did it the right way. kids even luckier that we didnt catch him in the act....... between my house and my brothers which is right next door lets just say theres 4 loaded guns and were not affraid to use them. or bad shots either!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    So a kid took a $30 game, and you put him in jail with a felony charge and would have shot him with one of your four loaded guns? Sounds legit!

Nah just buggin, it's good that you taught him a lesson.. I'm sure there's more to the story than, "he stole a stupid game" and I understand how betrayed you felt.

RC Qualifier
    well, i am personally glad it didnt go to the point of assault... but really, stealing a game?! i find it hard to believe that the kid wouldnt just mow the lawns or something to buy the game off ebay or something.

P.S. your name is kenny? awesome!!!
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

The kid is in trouble a lot from what the cop and his own brother said. I tried helping him but I'm not gonna have my stuff stolen. Delt with that enough living at the edge of the ghetto in college. Funny thing is that if he would have just asked I probably would have just let him borrow it. I mean I real bad to a point but at the same time I don't because this will hopefully be the lesson he needed.

And yes....... My name is kenny lol
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    Stealing from people is bad enough, but stealing from a friend who has been helping him out is a pretty low act. He deserves a good flogging in my eyes. But then over here in Australia he probably would of only got a small fine & a bit of probation, if that.
    We need tougher laws for young kids under 18 yrs old over here, a bit of detention would do them well, oh, and a good flogging.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

where is the like buttion for that post ozziii?

oh fyi on a little side note............... Australia is one of few places that i actually desire to go visit!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    I want to ask something first. Was the kid ever arrested, or put in Juvi detention? Sorry to say but if this was his first time getting arrested, You just threw away the best chance he had to stay out of trouble right there. People don't seem to realize the criminal system turn's out more hard core criminal's than it does reformed inmate's. Should of at least talked with the cop to see what type of trouble he has been in. Maybe confronting him about the theft and letting him know it was either jail or chore's and teaching him something he may of never gotten from his family, trust. Just scaring him with being arrested and incarcerated could help to get him on the right path. He'll probably come back now and rob you of something worth more than a silly game.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    where is the like buttion for that post ozziii?

oh fyi on a little side note............... Australia is one of few places that i actually desire to go visit!
    Same with me, I would love to see some of the sites there.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I want to ask something first. Was the kid ever arrested, or put in Juvi detention? Sorry to say but if this was his first time getting arrested, You just threw away the best chance he had to stay out of trouble right there. People don't seem to realize the criminal system turn's out more hard core criminal's than it does reformed inmate's. Should of at least talked with the cop to see what type of trouble he has been in. Maybe confronting him about the theft and letting him know it was either jail or chore's and teaching him something he may of never gotten from his family, trust. Just scaring him with being arrested and incarcerated could help to get him on the right path. He'll probably come back now and rob you of something worth more than a silly game.
    He stated earlier that the kid was already in and out of jail. I have to agree that there is a point where one can learn a lesson and where one can further break a person...to me it sounds as if this was already a deliquent. Also, if the kid returned with malicious intent, that would just end badly for everyone, hopefully he does not get that idea, and contrary to some beliefs, when you turn someone in, they dont always come after you. Its easier to do something quiet like steal, but not confront someone. Everyone in my community knows I have no problem locking trespassers in my pool and calling the cops on them. its not our fault they decided to break the law, and they need to learn there are repercussions. Was it always that way? no, not until we had several kids break through our fence, broke our hot tub, trashed the pool, and threw all the chairs in the pool.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Racer
    Its a good place over here & there is some good rc clubs & tracks as well. Also plenty to see for the tourist wanting to check out the country. But like any country in the world, we have places & people that your better off staying away from.
    The rc community over here seems to be a pretty tight nit bunch, I guess being a smaller country would probably help that a bit. We do have some big events though, state titles, Australian championships & world championship races as well with some of the big names in the world of RC attending.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Champion
    Was not attacking the OP or trying to insult him for what he did.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

none taken, but when the cop tells me that the kid is a trouble maker and that the cop knows him................. i dont know that he was ever "arrested" before per say, but hes deffinately been in trouble. he tried asking me to help him change his grades for school even. told him i was having no part in that. kids failing multiple classes and everything. me and my brother tried helping but i think hes already to the point and past where we could help him. but i had to work for what i have, and im not willing to let anyone try and take that away so they can have it easy.
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    Boy, if anyone stole a game from my house I would be incredibly angry. Not that anyone could get away with it, I'm too observant for that. Besides, if anyone was in my house without permission, I'd have more problems with him.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

nobody was home. i was out test driving the new dodge dart lol. but i got home and when i finally had time i sat down, looked over at my shelf case with my games and noticed the space wasbigger then just the one game i had pulled out that was in my xbox.
    Drag It!

So was he let in the house or did he break in? If the latter, then burglary (I see your previous post now...). If he was let in, then it would be theft. Even so, both of which I have a hard time seeing theft of a $30 game would be a felony unless there are other charges and the PD is looking at his criminal history and using it to up the charge.
    The Super Derecho

he was never let in. i walked outside when he showed up as i told him that we were about to leave. and it was $60. the cop asked me what i paid for it. now what you can get it for now. and i paid for it before it even came out and paid$59.99 plus tax. the cop is the one that said it would be burglary and as far as i know burglary in any scenario is a felony. not a serious one but still a felony.

edit: i dont know that the cop would add it on or what it would be but he tried lying to the cop to. could also be possesion of stolen property because it was found at his house.
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    Good on you. I've done the same thing, lol. One of my neighbors kids got his eye shot out with a bb gun (kinda reminds you of a christmas story huh?). I felt bad, and was talking to his mom for a few days about it and all. They all had this big story that some kids were driving around just shooting random people with these bb guns, it had the whole town really nervous, cops were out in full force looking for these kids that were shooting people randomly. Turns out, about a week later, his mom admitted to my girlfriend and I that his brother was the one that shot him on accident.

I figured something was wrong because one of the cops was hard on the kid, trying to press charges on him, and catch him up in the lie. At first I couldn't figure it out, I thought it wasn't his fault he was standing at the bad end of a BB flying through the air, but kept talking to his mom about it, trying to be the good neighbor and tell her everything will be fine, blah blah blah. But then even she came out and admitted it to us.

After the BB incident, we found out what a real dirtbag her kids are. My friends would come over and play some madden or something, or watch our dogs while we were out of town, and their cars would get vandalized. The neighbors were having their vehicles broken in to, cigarettes and cell phones stolen. It finally hit me when I went outside and found all of the chrome on my bike had been "painted" on with mud. We never knew exactly who it was until we all got together and confirmed that it was the kids we thought it was. I filed a police report about my bike, but because it was able to come off without much damage, I couldn't press charges, but I feel if the cop who doesn't like the kid would have been the one taking my report, he would have hauled him off right there.

This sounds kind of harsh, but I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. Today it was a $60 game, what would he try to steal tomorrow? I don't blame the kid though, sounds like the parents had something to do with this.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired