RC Racer

Question for Traxxas.....

Traxxas use to be a great contender in the racing scenes in years past with vehicles like the TCP, TRX-1 worlds, Blue Eagle, SRT, etc.

Will you ever build another race vehicle like these again? I would happily sell all my Team Associated rigs and switch back to all Traxxas racing vehicles.

I know there would be interest in it. If you search through the boards of various sites like RC10Talk.com, rctech.net, and even here on traxxas you will see people rebuilding their old Traxxas cars/trucks and purchasing new ones on ebay to build up and race.

Thank you

Moved to the correct forum
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Have a look at the new LCG slash (same setup as the rally)... from all initial reports, its an excellent choice in the 4X4 SCT class... outperforming many of the current 4X4 SCT setups.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    I saw the new slash on their website, but I'm looking more for a 2wd buggy, 2wd truck, or (never likely to happen) a 4wd 1/10th buggy or even 1/8th buggy.

Something geared towards racers instead of bashers.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Moved to the correct forum
    Thanks, I'm new here so I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

RC Qualifier
    I'm not really sure TRAXXAS will ever do this because I think the company is supposed to be about affordable, durable, high quality, etc...trucks so it kinda puts them in a weird situation if they started making race stuff again but who knows they could do it really well and they have before

RC Racer
    That's why I think they should. They have done it before with great success and they have even more resources now to do so. They have so many basher oriented vehicles it's borderline ridiculous, but they don't really have any race oriented vehicles anymore and that's a shame. I'm not the best racer and I don't even race all the time, but I would still love to have a new race truck from them or a buggy. Those would become my main RC's at that point.

Isnt that what the slash, slash 4x4, slayer, and rally are? Traxxas just about reincarnated the racing scene with their slash, IMO.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Isnt that what the slash, slash 4x4, slayer, and rally are? Traxxas just about reincarnated the racing scene with their slash, IMO.
    Yes and no. The slash and slash 4x4 have done alot for the racing scene, but they aren't purpose built race vehicles. Those are good vehicles, but they are designed for bashing. They don't use anything revolutionary or any top notch materials. They will throw some aluminum in there but that's it. Look at the SRT and TCP. They had fiberglass chassis' which were the hot thing back then, they had aluminum shocks, aluminum motor plates, etc. The TCP even came with extra parts to tune the car to various tracks and track conditions. It had extra wheels, tires, wide and narrow arms, wide and narrow universal driveshafts, etc.

Traxxas is using parts on their new cars that are almost 20 years old. The arms on a slash, rustler, bandit and stampede are the same arms that were so great when they first came out with the Hawk, Eagle, and SRT vehicles. They still have plastic shocks and most Traxxas vehicles need upgrades to be competitive in the racing scene. Everyone else is running CVD's, aluminum threaded shock bodies, solid plastic transmission housing without a metal motor plate, etc. They don't make a race vehicle that's comparable to a Factory team T4.1 or B4.1 or a TLR 22.

Don't get me wrong I like Traxxas vehicles a lot. I have a Stampede which in my opinion is still one of the greatest rc trucks ever made, a Nitro Stampede, my daughter has a Slash, and I've been watching ebay for a new in box TCP.