RC Enthusiast

Not getting any gas

Posted an earlier thread about a mystery revo truck that I picked up last month. Had no idea if it ran or what kind of issues it might have. It has a RB 323 engine.

I put in a new glow plug and cleaned up the engine to make sure it wasn't gummed up. I took the carb completely apart and cleaned it up.

Right now it will not suck up any gas. Put new lines in and if I pull the line from the muffler and blow into it then gas will go up to the carb but still won't start. If I can blow the gas up then doesn't that take out any blocks in the tank? I pulled the carb again and cleaned up everything I could to make sure there was no issues there but still NO gas will go up the lines unless I blow into the opposite line but then again it still won't start.

I also put in a new exhaust bushing/manifold to make sure there was no exhaust leaks.

Tried putting some nitro into the carb and it will sputter and almost start but won't stay running.

Any ideas? Can't figure out why it won't create enough pressure to get gas thru the lines.

It's either a pushing problem or a blocking problem. Verify that fuel is being pushed to the carb via the pressure line at the exhaust and there is no air leak from the block/header back. As for if the engine being the problem itself, you would need to contact the manufacturer; Traxxas does not provide support for non-Traxxas products.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I have clear fuel lines and there is no fuel going to the carb even if you try to prime it.

If I pull the line off the exhaust and blow into it (blowing air into the tank essentially to create vacuum) then fuel will go up to the carb but still wont start.

Just trying to figure out if I have everything covered to where the only other issue is the engine.

RC Qualifier
    If you can blow into the exhaust hose and fuel reaches the carb you probably don't have blockage. I would still check the gas cap for leaks (remove it and dunk it in water and blow into hose, blah, blah...).

Did you pull the needles all the way out of the carb and inspect them? - they could be broken and blocking the carb

Make sure the fuel lines go to the right places. Have you verified the glow plug is getting hot? Air filter clean?

I'd heat up the cooling head with a hair dryer, blow in the exhaust hose to get fuel to the carb, then drop some fuel directly into the carb and try to start it.

RC Racer
    I had the same problem with my 3.3, would prime, even with finger on exhaust nipple, had to blow through tank pressure line & get fuel right into the engine, not just up to the carb. Im not sure what caused it as the Revo was brand new & everything seemed to be sealed ok & there was no leaks. Although once I got fuel into the engine, it would start & run fine. It may have been the rubber exhaust coupler between exhaust manifold & pipe as I found that the cable ties weren't that tight. It did start to prime good after a while but Im not sure if it was because I tightened the ties on the exhaust coupler. Worth checking though, I done mine as tight as I could get them using pointy nose pliers.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Enthusiast
    deanwrx, that's the only thing I haven't done. I need to pull the gas tank and see if it's got a leak.

I put in a new exhaust gasket and the springs are super tight so I don't think there is any leaks there.

Lines are in right places too. I fully disassembled the carb, needles out, pulled carb off of body, did it all.

RC Enthusiast
    Well no leaks in the tank.......