Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Question My TRX 2.5 Carb does have Lower O-Ring as shown here

I was looking at a Picture in the How to rebuild an Engine .pdf and realized my carb is nothing like this I do not have 2 grooves in the carb for O-Rings, I have one O-Ring on Carb and one in Groove in Block where carb Slides into.
    What is up with this is it an Older Version or something?
    It says it is for the 2.5, 2.5R, 3.3 Engines
    Here is a copy of the pic.
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...s/R25_0801.jpg

I have been trying to figure out if the Larger Orange O-Ring is supposed to be in Block on on the carb as I have 2 different sizes.
    None of the Instructions I can find mention anything about which O-Ring goes where.
    It looks to me as if the Larger one is on Top and Smaller one is On Bottom in Groove but as I mentioned I do not have a lower groove so should both of my O-Rings be the larger ones?

I've bought 4, yes 4 carb bodies, and none of them have had that lower o-ring. I find that the spare o-ring it comes with, the one that would go in the lower groove, fits perfectly on the base of the carb body. So just stick the smaller o-ring on the end of the carb, and slide it into the engine block. It seals the carb body to the engine block perfectly. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Yea, thanks, It is weird how the Picture is like this yet I have not seen one of the Older Carbs I have nor any of the new ones look like this lol.
    Oh well thanks goodness for all you guys that work on these a ton and are willing to share yor knowledge or I would totally be lost.

+1 The lower o-ring goes into the intake throat at it's base there is a little groove there and the o-ring practically disappears... The other O-ring goes on the carb all that way up at the top....

So 1 in the engine, 1 on the carb. The rebuild instructions are older and that looks like the older carbs like on a Pro 15?

Here's what the 3.3 should look like this is the link for the carburator rebuilding instructions...
    http://traxxas.com/support/How-rebui...ing-carburetor

Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Originally the 2.5 carburetor did include a second o-ring like that. It has since been changed to the current setup.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn